Monday, November 24, 2008

More Craziness

Okay, as usual it took all morning to do this post. It's a crazy life. But we're surviving. This was over a week ago when Annaliese still had some jaundice, but I just couldn't believe that her hair got so curly when it's wet. Kalia's never did that, so we'll see if that means anything in the future.

Well, I am having MAJOR strong cravings...for french bread (I eat like, half a loaf a day) and cookie dough ice cream, and LOFTHOUSE COOKIES. BaD BaD I know, but I'm indulging anyway.
The funny part happened this morning. I was trying to upload pictures here and I turn around and guess who discovered my stash....

The part I haven't figured out yet is how she got them off the kitchen counter. I'm totally baffled. I found crumbs in her bedroom and in the living room in several places, including all over the bouncy chair. (Maybe she shared with Annaliese?) Seriously, you turn around for ONE MINUTE...


I took this picture yesterday.
Annaliese is staying awake more now, for about an hour at a time. She really likes to be held, meaning she stops crying as soon as I pick her up. I am getting good use out of a NoJo Babysling that someone gave me. It held her in even when I was bathing Kalia and washing her hair.
I think she just went through a growth spurt, my milk supply just shot up. Saturday night we sang at our stake conference, and in the three hours that we were gone I felt my milk let down SIX TIMES! What the heck!
Samuel is finally getting to bond with baby. I think I've been hogging her. I just love this tiny newborn stage, it passed too quickly the first time.

I forgot to mention that my mom was here for several days (her hair is growing back, it looks pretty good, eh? She's going to bleach it soon.) Anyway, I just could not believe how wonderful it felt to be taken care of and waited on like that. She not only cooked and helped with the girls but she sewed/mended anything I could find for her, and she scrubbed my apartment from top to bottom and I just hope she knows how grateful I am for her help and I had a great time chatting with her all day. (And I cried when she left.)


We're still working on proper baby etiquette, and here she is giving her a little eye poke.


And, last but not least, the little stinker made my morning by performing this dance. I'm glad we have this Dora on DVR so that she can watch it (and dance) to her heart's content.

17 comments:

Marylin said...

I still need to bring that sleeper thing over that I have! Maybe today?! Your Mom is so wonderful and it is great to have someone take care of you like that!! Love the dancing by the way!!

Anonymous said...

Your girls are way too cute. Isn't it amazing what they get into when we aren't looking? Yay for moms! They are so great.

Emily said...

You soon won't be able to remember life before little Annaliese. Sounds like everyone is adjusting so well. You both sang so beautifully at conference - you made me cry! Thank you for bringing such a sweet spirit.

Ann Mitchell said...

Your girls are adorable!!! You have a great gene pool! I can't believe how much your mom's hair has grown since she was at my condo before the Jazz game!

Julie said...

Beautiful girls! And I cried when my mom left after all of my babies were born too. Mom's are the BEST! My daughter is begging for loft house cookies now (she was looking at your blog over my shoulder)! I love Kalia's blue face.

Todd, Katie & Averi said...

Your girls are beautiful! They look a lot a like.

Jill said...

So sweet! All of it. I am really starting to miss that new born baby stage. You're doin' great! And the song was BEAUTIFUL. I can';t wait to hear you guys sing again.

jaesi said...

I was going to say the exact same thing as Todd, Katie and Averi.

I think I may need a loft house....

Taralee said...

I totally had cravings after having Chase. And isn't it a good thing the next babies live through their eyes being poked and all. It's crazy! Wow, she's so cute :) They're both so dang cute! Congrats!

Sarah said...

You have such beautiful girls! I especially love your little cookie monster! Just so you know, I have 6 siblings and yes, that is Nick in the back right of our family picture. I have updated my post with everyone's names.

Kat Clark said...

What a cute little family! I can't believe how simple and precious all the moments you are describing are. It is so cute to get a glimpse into your new full life!

kristen said...

that picture of kalia poking her little eye made me laugh--i'm expecting the worse from allyson when her little sister comes!

Meili said...

Kalia's happy dance just made my day!

Shantal and Alofaaga Laulu said...

I love those cookies too!!!! My Sunday School President brought me some of the chocolate ones for being such a reliable teacher... they were gone FAST!!! Looks like your little ones are keeping you on your toes!!! ADORABLE!!!

Anonymous said...

Your girls are beautiful! You are doing such a great job!!!! No worries on the baby etiquitte...no blood no foul...that was our motto?!

Michelle said...

Your mom is so great and I'm glad she got to spend time with you. I need her at my house to clean it from top to bottom. She's looking good too.

In that top picture of your last post I think Kalia looks sooooo much like you.

Christa said...

Both your girls have that beautiful mouth and lips I've always been jealous of!! They are so darling, and I'm so impressed that you've had time to blog!!! You seem to be juggling life great!!