Monday, August 27, 2007

We're home!


Wow, you guys, I have SO much to tell you. But first, because I know you've all been waiting for them, some pictures of Kalia. (AUGH! I AM SO IN LOVE WITH HER!)
Most of them are ones I took with Samuel, she looks most like herself I think.

4 a.m. picture-- she was so fussy all night and finally fell asleep next to daddy. He's so whooped over her.
Do you guys remember this ultrasound picture from week 26 where the ultrasound tech was all excited about her hair? Well, it just kept growing. It's almost long enough in the back for a little pony tail.



Proud Papa
Leaving the Hospital- Cute carseat cover, eh??Lots more to come. I have to go now and warm up the footballs (milk came in today and baby can barely nurse! Working on that. She's done really her first few days though!) We're glad to be home, and it was so fun to read all your comments.

36 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOoo cute! Congratulations! She's darling! I'm so glad all is well and you guys are home! Love you guys! Kim

Anonymous said...

Awww! Heather she's adorable. Congratulations! And I think Kalia is a beautiful name.

Mrs. J said...

Heather, she is soooo you!! I said it out loud right when I saw the pictures.."Oh my goodness, it's Heather!" Her eyes and eyebrows and mouth...very you. How cute. She is a vision my dear. Great job! Can't wait to hear more.

Anonymous said...

She's a DOLL! I love her to pieces already. Please come to the Trappys for Christmas so I can see her in person! I can see both of you in her-- I think she has your eyes.. and judging by the cheeks Krystal's kids have, that must be an Esplin gene. I love her! COngrats!!!

~Kreitzers said...

Heather she is beautiful! Big healthy babies aren't a picnic to get here but worth the hassle. From the description it sounds like we have all most identical birth stories, we'll have to chat. Anyhow keep those pictures coming she is GORGEOUS, and I love that you have a lacy nightgown on in the hospital pictures aaawwww the memories :)

Kristen said...

She's adorable! Congrats on being back at home. It's nice to be home, but unfortunately, that's when all the night-time waking up starts! Hope all is going good for you!!!

Krystal Trapnell said...

I still can't get over how much hair she has (Lucky!-said like Napoleon Dynamite). I want to come and give her a love and cuddle with the tiny newborn (tiny compared to my chub). Hopefully she'll be less fussy now that she's got some good cream going down!!

Crystal said...

OMG she is so pretty Heather!! Hope you are getting some rest! Newborns are A LOT of work.

Good luck with nursing!

Emma said...

She really is so beautiful, looks just like her Mama! All that hair and those cubby checks... I love chubby babies. And she has such good color already, she's perfect
Best of luck to the whole Bigler family. Enjoy every sigle moment becuase she'll be grown up before you know it!
Great job you two!

Megan said...

Oh Heather! She is absolutely ADORABLE! I love all the hair. She already has more hair than Joshua and he is 18 months! Too Cute!

kristen said...

Yeah, I am so excited for you guys, congratulations!! She is so cute and chubby and healthy! Totally worth the wait,eh?! Kalia is such a cute name, congrats again!

The Bundys said...

She is beautiful! I love all the hair too. Good luck with everything that comes with a new born....every poop, puke, and sleepless night are so worth it!

Anonymous said...

K...that IS the cutest car seat ever! Did you get at sufsidebaby.com? or something like that? All I ever had were dumb bears! yuk!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Oh Heather - she is beautiful! I love the hair. My sister, Jamie, had a baby 18 months ago and was born needing a hair cut. The hair makes them look so big, when they are really so little!

She is so beautiful! I can't stress it enough. Keep the pictures coming! I'm glad you guys are home and doing so well!

Jess said...

She is such a cutie!! Yay for babies with hair. I have absolutely loved that about my baby! I'm glad that you survived the labor and delivery...I was a little worried! Anyway, enjoy her as much as you can...you won't believe how fast they grow! Congrats!

Sarah said...

What a beautiful baby and name! She looks just like her mommy!(She has your eyes and your mouth. Congrats on the new edition to the family. I'm sorry that the birth was so much work but she was well worth it!

Tara Wayne Malakai Maddux Kenya Alofipo said...

she is too cute. some of those pics are precious!!! i love those cheeks!

Tara Wayne Malakai Maddux Kenya Alofipo said...

she is too cute. some of those pics are precious!!! i love those cheeks!

Brandi Schall said...

SO darling! Who would have expected less! I am happy you are all healthy and home :) Good luck with nursing--the next few days are the toughest and most painful, hang in there!

Holly Woolsey said...

Oh Heather, she is so beautiful! Congratulations! There is something just so sweet about a newborn! I love her name, so cute! Keep up with the nursing, it is so worth it! I had a really hard time nursing Anna, but I stuck with it and before long she was a pro! I had to hold her a different way at first until she did better. The nurses told me to give her two weeks and I could hold her any way I wanted and she would be able to latch on! Good luck to you!

Anonymous said...

Heather..She is sooo darling! She looks so much like you! The picture of her in her car seat looks like she's 4 months old!! Good luck with everything and CONGRATS to the both of you.. she is a doll!
Love,
Rachel(Lundin)

Morgan said...

Seriously? Do babies get any cuter than her?? She is a beauty! Congratulations to all of you!

Heather B said...

WOW!! Thanks everybody! Your love and support is overwhelming. Thanks for the compliments too- we were ready to accept ANY baby into the family, darling or not. We sure think we got a cutie.

Yes, (Amy) I agree, I think for sure she got my eyebrows, (maybe) eyes, and mouth. She's got his ears, but they're not too big, haha. And yes, (Noel) those huge cheeks probably are very Esplin!

Kim- I got the car seat cover on e-bay, normally wouldn't have paid that much for it, but it was a gift from a special friend (she's like another mother to me).

It will be fun to see her change over the weeks and months, but I'm already mourning the loss of every day. I LOVE the little newborn stage, the smell, that knowing stare when they gaze in your eyes, and the way she curls up on my chest (oh dear, here come more tears.)

Finally, the labor story is coming soon, but honestly, I am not that broke up about it, because I know some of you had almost the exact thing happen, and you're none the worse for it, right? (Crystal? Angie? Abby? who else out there?)

It's like a new game to figure this all out, and it does have it's hard moments. Thanks again for keeping us in your prayers.

Julie said...

Oh Heather, she truly is beautiful! Seeing her pictures reminds me all over why we become mothers (especially after a hard day of potty training, temper tantrums, and throw up!). What an angel! I am sitting here watching my own kids, and it is hard to believe they were once that small. Good work and congratulations!
Julie

Shantal and Alofaaga Laulu said...

Heather, I honestly don't think I have ever seen a more healthy and beuatiful baby! WoW! I knew that she would look just like her mommy! Good luck with everything! I know that you are more than prepared for all that awaits you! Love ya and give that baby a kiss on the cheek for me!

Lisha said...

Congratulations! It's so fun to see pictures of your beautiful baby girl. I think you picked a beautiful name too. I am so happy for you to finally have her here and to be able to share in the joys of motherhood with the rest of us! You look amazing, and your little family is just beautiful too. Again congrats! I hope that you are doing well and enjoying your new little bundle of joy!:)

The Isoms said...

Congrats! She is so beautiful! Her hair is really dark! I love the chubby cheek picture(in her carseat)!
can't wait to see more pictures of how she will change in the next few weeks.

Crystal said...

Nursing is for sure hard the first few weeks (months?), but between all your blog readers, I'm sure we've been thru it all. I got mastitis when Lincoln was about a month old. Ouch! And if you need any advise on nursing positions for a comfortable post-c section delivery, let us know!! (Having a 9 pound baby resting on your tender belly is NOT fun!)

Good luck & stick with it. It's soooo worth it!

Alyson said...

she's beautiful! don't you love how babies seem to transform daddies? i'm sure he just melted at first glance! good job on creating a perfect little girl! i can't believe all of her hair! i'm excited to see more pictures and she grows and changes. also - love the carseat cover! where did you get that?

HeatherB said...

Oh, she is beautiful, and I so love the name. We sometimes wish we had given David a Hawaiian name, but the boys names just aren't as plentiful. You look beautiful too. I never look that good after giving birth. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home!! She is absolutely beautiful. I love her hair and those cheeks. Enjoy her every second. They don't stay small for long- especially when they start out at 9lbs :) Congrats!! Traci

Abby said...

heather she is soooo cute! I love all that hair! You look really good too. How are you feeling? C-sections hurt! Keep up with the breastfeeding. It took me 2 full months to get it down. It takes some time. But its worth it. Formula is dang expensive! Anyhoo, hope you are doing good!!

Alisha Wilkins said...

Hi Heather,
(You got some bows from me)but I just wanted to say Congrats to you on the new addition! She is beautiful! Best wishes to you on the road to recovery from the c-section and all the dealings with a newborn! Congrats again!
Alisha

Anonymous said...

Heather she is soooo cute. Congratulations!! It's amazing how having a baby changes the daddy and your life.

Mandy said...

Your baby is beautiful, and I love the name. Congrats!!! Reading you story made tears come to my eyes from both good and bad memories. The birth of a child is so amazing, even if the labor leaves you yelling at the anesthesiologist, which I will admit I did quite a few time too when my epidurals wore off as well. You will have many more wonderful stories to tell about the love you endure with your little one. Good luck...

Find The Time Mama said...

Wow! You are a trooper. Your baby girl is gorgeous. It makes me want to have another one. I forget how small and precious they are when babies are newborns. Thanks for sharing :)