Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Update

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments! It is fun that you guys are almost as excited as we are for the baby!! Aughh!! I can't believe I'm really going to be a mom. So, now we're 4 days from the due date. First I have to tell you about my repentance as of last night.

I was feeling kinda sorry for myself, having to go to the end of my 40 weeks, and possibly longer. I've been trying all the labor-inducers, and while they bring on contractions, they don't hurt much, and I finally realized SHE'S NOT COMIN' OUT 'TIL SHE'S GOOD AND READY!!

So Samuel and I were talking last night, and I had a major realization...you moms could probably vouch for this best, but motherhood is the most selfless thing in the world-- there's no more "ME" time (well, it's rare, right?) and it's all about your little one(s) and your family in general. I admire you guys so much. It dawned on me that I've been living a pretty "ME" centered life, and it's time for that chapter to close. I realized last night that my hopes for an early baby were PURELY SELFISH. In other words, I didn't want any more long, torturous days/nights, weight gain, swollen fingers, numb hands, etc. etc. etc. It was all about me.

But then I thought about what was best for the baby. Truly, it is best if she stays in there as long as she can!She'll only be healthier, chubbier, and stronger because of it. It was really a humbling moment when I realized how selfish I've been to try to make her come out sooner. I almost wondered if Heavenly Father wanted me to consciously realize this, and there wouldn't be any baby action until I did.

Anyway, I repented last night for my selfishness. Maybe it means I learned what I was supposed to, but this morning I woke up to a little surprise...two words...Bloody Show. I assume most of you know what that is, if you've had a baby. If not...google it, I won't go into details here. But it is a good sign that the baby will be born within a few days, and I'm thrilled about it. (P.S. If she's NOT here by Monday, (day-after-the-due-date) then my doctor will induce me.

So, I think I'm ready to give up my selfish life and welcome in a new one that will make me a better person.

14 comments:

Crystal said...

I had a similar experience with the whole my will/Thy will!! I had a miscarriage and it totally broke my heart and I was so angry and frustrated and bitter and didn't understand why I couldn't have a baby. This went on for MONTHS and then one day I realized that I just had to trust in the Lord and relax and it would happen when it was right. I got pregnant with Lincoln like two weeks later!

The longer your babe is in you the better, for sure. What an exciting time for you & Sam! That not-knowing, it-could-happen-at-any-second time.

Hope it all goes well & is very uneventful!

jaesi said...

Im pretty sure you arent selfish! just anxious. I remember feeling the same way and then a big slap in the face when they get here and are so teency and precious and vulnerable...you almost want them back in.
I sooooo excited for you! good luck!

Brandi Schall said...

I know the feeling-- I always want them out! BUT I was always terrified the entire pregnancy that they would come early, and have complications! I still have moments of selfishness, for my sanity! But I totally think being a mom, a good mom, is the hardest job their is!

Good luck in the next few days!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

I am so excited for you guys! I can't wait to see her! Good luck! Keep us updated!

Anonymous said...

I'm NEVER going to Hawaii to have a baby. Even in non mormon Washington they induced me a week early! I think you are very lucky to be learning this lesson and there are absolutely no accidents! I'm just sayin....seriously!

Megan said...

It is so great that you have not gone into pre-mature labor! I went into labor the day of my baby shower. I ended up at the hospital the minute the party was over and was already dilated to a three. I had to spend a week in the hospital trying to make the labor stop and it was one of the worst experiences I've ever gone through. The delivery was a piece of cake compared to all the drugs they put me on to try to make the baby stay in the womb. Joshua was born a month early. He arrived on the 14th of March and his due date was April 16th. He was 5lbs even, with no complications, which was a pure miracle. You are very blessed that your body is doing what it's been programmed to do, even though it's not all that much fun. You are gonna do AWESOME! I think you'll be surprised on how smoothly everything will go. I'm so excited for you!!

Jess said...

I'm so excited for you to have her! Bloody show?...yippee!

Anonymous said...

I think you might be right. God was probably waiting for you to realize that one little (okay huge) fact. I'm still struggling with that, and it's something we will always struggle with. But it's one of those things that just makes us stronger. Congratulations on the bloody show. I never had that. My water just broke instead. I'll keep all three of you in my prayers that things will go smoothly.

Julie said...

You aren't the only mom I have heard say that. My older sister, LeAnn, had a similar experience with her 3rd child. She told me she kept praying and praying for her baby to just come. She finally did, two weeks early, and she aspirated amniotic fluid and had problems with her lungs not being mature enough to handle it. She was in the NICU for a week after she was born. LeAnn told me she felt like Eden may have come earlier than she was ready because of her prayers. She came up with the same conclusion that you just came up with.

Being a mother is a totally unselfish thing, and it is a lot of work. But it is so totally worth it. When your baby looks at you for the first time, or the first time you hear her laugh, or when your cheek is being covered with sticky kisses, or when she is sick and all she wants is her mama... the list goes on and on...all of the work is totally worth it!

HeatherB said...

I feel your pain. Both of my children were a week late. I was so frusturated. Especially the second time around because they are supposed to come out earlier the next time. No such luck. But I too learned that it wasn't about me, it was about what my baby needed. It will end soon and it's totally worth it!

Holly Woolsey said...

I got so I wanted Anna to come so bad. It was about a week before my due date and she still wasn't coming. I felt inside like something was wrong, but after a stress stess, they told me nothing was wrong. Well, I prayed and I said that I really wanted this baby to come and told that I felt something was wrong. I told him that I really wanted her to come, but only when she was ready to come. I went into labor a couple days after. When she was born she had the cord wrapped around her neck, but was healthy! I was so glad

Monica Mary said...

Hey Heather! Cute belly-maybe you've had this baby and for your sake, I hope so. i just wanted to tell you that I got your message and I do remember you. Brannan is living in San Diego and still single. He's doing well. I am going to send him the link to your blog. Good luck with the new baby stuff-I'll have to check out your blog here and there to see pictures etc.

P.S. I saw that whole intimate hug thing with Danny that you saw and I swear I saw them kiss. I rewound it about 3 times to see but I couldn't tell. But wither way-I liked Neil better.

bawlady said...

Please add me I have really enjoyed you blog. bwilltrout@hotmail.com

bawlady said...

This is Betty Willtrout I have really enjoyed your blog.
please add me bwilltrout@hotmail.com