Tuesday, August 07, 2007

New Camera

We decided on a camera!! And it's here and I can't wait to really use it. (In fact, I'll take another picture of my big belly, which is two inches bigger than the last time I posted a picture.) It's the Canon PowerShot A570 IS. I had WAY too much fun browsing every website in the world looking for the best deal. It was much cheaper online than it was at certain stores here, which meant I had to factor in "shipping to Hawaii" . (Priority mail costs the same everywhere, but FedEx and UPS are pretty pricey.) Long story short, we got a great deal from beachcamera.com, even with FedEx shipping it was cheaper than going to Circuit City (they had it on sale) and anyway, thanks to everyone for your awesome advice.

We mostly chose it because it has Image Stabilization, a new little technology that makes your pictures even more clear by (obviously) stabilizing the image for you, so you don't have to worry about holding it really still. It also has some really fun color options, lots of manual controls (I am actually reading the manual to figure it all out) and something else called Face Detection where it recognizes human faces and adjust the pictures to make the face look the best. (One other unique thing, it has an "Underwater" setting, so if we get a waterproof case, we can get some awesome watershots.)

Well, I may have bored you to death with that, but I don't have a lot to post about right now...I'm done working, I LOVE NOT WORKING, and I am finding ways to fill the time. I have a semi-constant lower ache in my back and I've had some pains...I hope it's a sign that SOMETHING is happening down there. Dr. appt. tomorrow. I'll keep ya posted.
OF COURSE!

9 comments:

Emma said...

Yay for not working! I am getting so excited to meet Little Miss Bigler!

Heather B said...

That makes two of us!!

Brandi Schall said...

Trust me your camera info= not boring! I have a hubby who is a gadget nut, so I get to hear the LONG version of the specs on pretty much every gadget out there, whether he wants it or not! Looks like a great camera, and I love the underwater thing!

Yay for the babe almost being here! I'm getting so excited for the "big post" :)

Holly Woolsey said...

Congrats on the new camera!!! I'm glad you got a Cannon because I've heard great things about it! I have been tempted to get a new one...even though my other one is in great shape. To answer your questions, I am living in Hurricane (we just moved there) and I am living with my family. I was divorced about 4 years ago. Anna and I live at home. It's great that way. I work at East Elementary (Tara used to work there). I got my new layout from Shabbytullips.blogspot.com. It took me a couple tries to get there, but I found it! Good luck!

Jess said...

Yay for the new camera! That will be so nice for taking pictures of your baby. Let me know how you like it.

Mrs. J said...

I am so glad that website worked out for you. I was happy with it as well. Great prices.

brit said...

With my first baby, the semi-constant lower back pain was LABOR! Good luck.

Mel said...

So how long till the camera comes? Hopefully before the baby!

Heather B said...

Oh, Mel, it's here, and I'm already starting to use it.

And Brit, thanks for the tip about the labor, I need to do a little post about it...I want to hear everyone's stories.