Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Product Reviews

All right friends, it's that time again...I've been trying some new products, and I've also been going back to old favorites. I've also been using coupons to get things free from CVS (a little addiction going on there) Anyway, here are some of my new and old FAVORITE THINGS!! (And if you've tried any of these things and DON'T like them, feel free to let me know. I won't feel bad! I'm no expert. I'm open to trying new things too, so let me know what things you love as well.)
*Hard Anodized Cookware:
I can't tell you what brand I have, because I don't know. Last year I desperately needed some pots and pans, but I wanted stuff that was durable and safe. I have had some concerns about the coatings on non-stick pans these days so I looked in to other options. I almost got stainless steel until I stumbled upon an amazing deal on amazon.com. I LOVE HARD ANODIZED!!! First, you should know they are NOT dishwasher safe. I didn't know that, but I don't care. They are so easy to clean. They heat up faster than other cookware I've used, they cook things evenly, and they are so dang durable. I highly recommend you get some. I got a similar set for under $50, so be patient and find a good deal. You don't need to pay hundred of dollars.

* Tae Bo Advanced.
Billy Blanks is a good instructor, but the original Advanced workout is my all time favorite. It ruined me because every other workout video has just bored me to tears ever since.
I haven't been able to find it for years (except on VHS) so we are in LUCK! Some blessed soul just uploaded it to youtube in 6 segments. You've got to try it!! Go HERE to get started. It will make you DRIP SWEAT. You'll be burning the calories like crazy, and at the end (floor workout!) YOUR BUNS WILL BE BURNING!!! I LOVE IT!! Have a towel and water ready, you'll need it! Oh, and ignore his tight spandex crotch, ok? He's really motivational, if you can get past the pants.*Aveeno Shower & Bath Oil
I found it on clearance, had a coupon, and just bought it for no reason. But I and ended up LOVING it. I thought it was an in-shower moisturizer but I was wrong. You put it on right after you get out. It makes my skin super soft (does a better job than lotion) and with very little greasy residue.
*Carefree Ultra Protection Pantiliners:
I normally buy the cheapest little liners I can find, but when CVS had a coupon promo that made them free (actually a moneymaker for you coupon gurus) I stocked up. Like, somehow I have 17 packages in my closet. But they are AWESOME!! They are the softest things ever, and they have the sticky tape things in all the right places. Watch for coupons and get these for way cheap, or get a coupon or request a free sample HERE
*Avon Perfect Wear Eyewriter
I've tried a lot of Avon products because you can get them shipped to your house for free. This is the only product I order again and again. I love it. It's a liquid eyeliner, I think it's easy to use (I smudge with a wet q-tip after putting it on so the line isn't too severe) and it lasts forever, and then washes right off.*Revlon Color Stay Mineral Mousse
This was another CVS freebie. I buy almost all my makeup at drugstores, but not foundation. That's one thing I will spend more $$ on. So I was surprised when this mineral mousse foundation worked so great! (Normal price is around $9.99). The color blended perfectly with my skin and had awesome coverage, and didn't sit in the fine/dry lines on my face very much. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the scent, but it's not too strong. Try it out if you can get it for a good deal.
* Maybelline Pulse Perfection Mascara
I was so excited to try this mascara. I know Lancome makes a higher end version of it. It's the mascara with a vibrating wand. I was able to get it for $6, but I think it's normally around $12-15 (high for a drugstore mascara.) Pros: It definitely volumizes. It lengthens well too. I used it on Sunday and Samuel asked me if I had fake eyelashes on. And that was without the vibrator turned on. I can't see a big difference when it vibrates. Cons: It can get a little clumpy. And it doesn't last as long as I think it should. 10 hours post-application it was flaking. That's happened more than once. I'm a contact wearer so I don't like that. But I am still using it. I'm giving it a partial recommendation, especially if you can get a great deal on it. Don't pay full price for it.
*California Pizza Kitchen Five Cheese & Tomato Pizza
So, they sell these in the restaurant and I order it every time. It has basil sprinkled on it and is so cheesy and delicious. Here's the good news: They sell them in the frozen food aisle at your grocery store and THEY TASTE EXACTLY LIKE THE ONES IN THE RESTAURANT. I just picked a few up for $4 at the grocery store yesterday. Kalia loves it, Samuel loves it...and (secret confession) when I was pregnant with Annaliese I would eat a whole pizza (in one sitting) at least once a week. That's about 1000 calories and 45 grams of fat in one meal. And that's why I pack on the pounds during pregnancy my friends. TRY THIS PIZZA. Right after you do Tae Bo Advanced.

8 comments:

jaesi said...

Yes! review time!
I need pots and pans bad.

LOVE pizza kitchen pizzas. My neighbor and I would buy them all the time, like several times a week when the hubbys were at sea and chow down. Fun times.

Tae Bo? Do I really have to? I bought the whole series once and its never seen the light of day.

Lisha said...

I love when you do your reviews! Thanks.:)

Alisha Wilkins said...

{Love} your review posts!

Marylin said...

Love all your tips and reviews!! So the meat really tastes the same then? I had just never seen anything like it before, HUGE 5 pound and bigger tubes with ground beef. Huh?! Maybe I will try it next time and let you know :) Miss your face

Rebecca said...

Thanks for inviting me to see this! Your girls are beautiful...and I LOVE when other people review good things for me! Thanks for your hard work. :)

Greg and Tammy said...

I'm a CVS FREE freak as well!! :) Good to know I'm in great company!! Loved the product support. You should sign up to do CVS surveys (if you haven't already). I just did one and got 15 ECB's!! Crazy, huh?

Eric Esplin said...

your blog is so....informative (TIME OUT! I almost just said iMformative....yep. I'm in college it's nice to meet you. TIME IN)

I love it! Where has it been all my life?

Mary Jane said...

Heather- I like you- and I wish we were neighbors. Love reading your blog and love seeing your girls that are 14 mo. apart- it gives me inspiration to get through the tough days:)