Friday, September 11, 2009

Me

1. I got a good haircut. Five inches off. I feel like a new woman. I would have gone for the full 8+ inches and donated to locks of love, but they don't take hair that has been bleached. It probably falls apart when they try to make wigs out of it. Oh well. I went to the closest, cheapest place (Cost Cutters) and I got lucky and left so happy (love it when that happens.) It looks kind of like Stacy London's hair, which I've always wanted.

2. I can't find time to make dinner. In an effort to change this, I am creating a dinner calendar with easy ideas, and I'm going to try to make them early in the day and refrigerate for later. The late afternoon is just a stressful time. I don't know how everybody does it.

3. I've started a new thing: I'm trying to eat a piece of fruit before every meal. I also take extra Omega oils as a supplement, and then some other great vitamins. I cannot BELIEVE the difference in my energy levels. For one thing, I no longer have to nap every day (I used to in Vegas, I couldn't make it through the morning, I'd have to go back to bed.) I had no idea that my junky, sugary diet was dragging me down so much. I still have bad days (or weeks) where I fall back into the junk, but then my body starts slowing down, and you know, it just might be worth the hassle to eat healthy. There's an amazing book I've been reading that has helped me make changes, I'll tell you about it later.

4. Does anyone know how to REALLY get your post-baby pooch to go away? I feel pretty good about the weight loss, but then I sit down and have all this mush on my stomach. Someone tell me your secret. Is pilates really the cure? I'm sure just exercising would be a good start.

5. The house that we're renting has 3 offers on it. That's good news because #1, the listing has been taken down so we don't have to show the house anymore. The last week before they pulled the listing, realtors came to show the house EIGHT times in one week. I was ready to move out into a tent after that week. It was so annoying. I'm glad that's over. #2, the more offers there are, the longer the process will take. Short sales can take forever. From what I've learned about them, chances are we'll be here another 3-6 months. I'm happy about that. If the offers fall through, which happens frequently, it will all start over again.

6. I started an ebay business. Not a huge one, but one day at Marshalls I found Robeez shoes, brand new, selling for $9.99. I went home, checked on ebay, and they were selling for $15-20. (Full retail is $34.95.) So I went back, bought all 23 pairs (on my credit card of course!) and started selling them. It's going well! It's a pretty easy way to make money! But I've already learned that the 3-6 month size are not in high demand. I will probably return about half of those. I went to a second Marshalls store today and bought 9 more pair of the bigger sizes. It will be nice to have a little extra spending money around here. But the shoes are so cute, I want to keep them for Annaliese. I must be strong! Course, her birthday is almost here...

5 comments:

Christina Mangelson said...

First, I want to see a new picture of you haircut. Second, sometimes you can get rid of your baby pooch and sometimes you can't; it all depends on how you stomach skin you have after having children. The #1 action you need to take to get rid of it is eating healthy. I am talking about mostly eating fruits, veggies, fish, chicken, nuts, protein shakes, etc.....Once you have that down start exercising. If you want more details e-mail me and I can tell you what I do. Love ya!

The Leggs said...

Love the shoes, can't wait to see your hair, I think the pooch is proof your a mom. Thanks for the fruits and veggies idea. I am prego so tired comes with that, but I have been DRAGGING so bad lately. I'm going to take your advice.

Suz n' Johnny said...

Adorable!! I'm a sucker for kiddy shoes. Brilliant idea on making a little xtra dough. You're a doll!

Ann said...

You're so cute! I especially love the business idea! I want to see a picture of your hair!

Noel said...

Keep them! I just bought the Hot pink and orange ones for Mace... SOO CUTE! AND I with I had only paid 9.99 for them :)