Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Back to Business!

Hi everyone! I'm glad to be back! The week was amazing and flew by. I am happy to say that I did get to go to Cafe Rio, Charlie's, the Olive Garden, Pizza Factory, and the Quilted Bear. (Um, now I understand how you can spend $200 on bows, Kristen, they are expensive! Bracelets too! But sooo cute, a must have, and I might as well buy them now while I'm still working, right? That was my excuse for spending $60.)

I'm sorry I didn't get to see a lot of people in St. George and Provo/SLC. We weren't even in Provo for a full 24 hours.

I don't have a lot of pictures, but I will put some on later. Most of them are of Maddux and Malakai, (could they be any cuter? They were the best entertainment all week.) I was especially excited to be there when Malakai started taking his first steps, which by the end of the week, turned into fearless walking wherever he wanted, falling along the way of course. Wow, that's the cutest thing to watch.

The good news is, my flight coming back to Hawaii was overbooked, and they gave me a $400 voucher for a future (Christmas!) flight, and put me up in a hotel in Vegas for the night, for agreeing to come the next day instead. Score! I love free flights! That will especially help us out when we're poor. My boss was kind of mad that I took an extra day, but could I care less? No. I'm quitting soon enought anyway.

So, now I have lots of blog-catching up to do, I'm glad everyone is doing good.

8 comments:

Mel said...

It's so great to have you back...I have been looking at the blinking Happy Birthday sign all week wishing you were here.

jaesi said...

good to hear that you had a great trip. What could be better than going to St George and sending off a missionary?!

Kristen said...

Yay for bows! You must check out my latest blog and you will see my bow frenzy. Plus, there's a great link to some cheap bows! Good to have you back!

Nadine said...

glad you had a great time and that's awesome that you got a flight voucher. that's definitely worth it. cant wait to see your pics.

Crystal said...

Hooray for free flights. That definitely makes the trip worth it!!! Are you guys staying in HI after the baby or are you going to move?

Kristen said...

Any luck on that fun Ebay site?! I've ordered 14 bows from her in the last week.. big trouble! However, I only spent $23 which is a bargain in the bow-buying world!

Douglass Family said...

That is so crazy that we were in St. George at the same time. I guess it was a great weekend to be there. We will have to meet up when you come for christmas. I am so sorry I haven't been so great posting lately. I am hoping to have my blogs read every evening so I can stay updated on everyone. I am so excited for your new arrival, the fact that you are living in Hawaii, etc. etc. Where in Hawaii are you living? Some of our friends live in Kauai. They just moved there yesterday. We are thinking to come and visit! YEAH! I'll stay in touch. Glad to see you are well!
luff ya
Mandy

Heather B said...

Hi friends! To answer some of your questions...
Crystal- we MIGHT have the baby here, but Samuel has been applying for some good jobs on the mainland, and if he lands a good one, we'll take it, and we could be out of here in a month or two. Yikes!

Kristen- I totally love the ebay store! I bought 10 tiny stick on ones (darling!) and she's making me two more headband ones, for now. I'm so glad you told me about it, I'll probably buy them from her from now on!

Mandy- we live on Oahu, right in Honolulu, and we LOVE visiting Kauai (so romantic there!) and so definitely let us know if you come out this way, it would be so fun to see you.