Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Today

Today it's bad news. Today Samuel lost his job. Judy is threatening to sue everyone, including the owners of the apartment building. Their lawyers have told them that they needed to terminate Samuel immediately, to protect themselves. So they did. Just like that.

I cried today, because I'm scared. Unemployed? In THIS economy? Seriously? It's like a bad dream. I look at pictures on my camera of the girls playing in our apartment, and I realize we are NEVER going back to that. Our life as we know it got ripped away from us with no warning, and we aren't getting it back.

We had already been praying about whether or not we should stay in Vegas, and/or stay at that property. We were starting to feel like it was time to leave Vegas. But getting "terminated" just feels so much worse than choosing to leave, on our OWN accord, on OUR OWN TERMS (and when we're READY!!) I am feeling a lot of different emotions, but mostly I'm just sad that the next time we go "home" to Vegas...we will only be there to pack up the apartment and leave.

We are so grateful that we don't own a home. Just a car payment, a student loan payment, and credit card payments. We're cancelling everything, including our health insurance. I hope we don't get sick. If we can get that minivan sold then at least we'll have something to live off of. The worst part is that we don't qualify for unemplyment benefits either. The future is so uncertain.

So let the job hunting begin. (Oh yay.) We are definitely leaving Vegas. I will miss our friends and our ward so much. They've been so good to us. We already have offers of free places to stay in Phoenix, so I'm imagining that most of the job searching will be happening here. Of course we would be willing to go anywhere, and we have faith that Heavenly Father must have somewhere in mind for us, and this is the route He's using to take us there.

This is a hard day, but we are still full of hope and faith, and most of all...trust. Trust. Trust. Trust. Next time I write I will you tell you of a very personal, special experience I had a few months ago that I think helped prepare me for this. But not tonight because I will just cry the whole way through it and not be able to type anyway. Thanks again for everyone's love and prayers.

22 comments:

Mel said...

So sorry! I hope the job hunt will be successful for you in Arizona.

jaesi said...

oh friend...good luck. I have only met Samuel once but from that I do know he is a good man. Good men get good jobs.
Your wonderful.

Jill said...

We will miss you guys! Let me know how I can help.

The Papa's said...

My heart breaks for you guys!!! Know that you guys are in our prayers & if you ever need anything, all you have to do is ask! I agree with Jaesi, good luck in the job search! Sometimes, the things that happen to us are tough, but end up being such a blessing. Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Heather, I'm so sorry. What an awful time to have to go through this. I agree with you that the Lord has a place in mind for you, and this is how he chose to get you there. Don't forget we all love you.

Heather & Greg said...

oh heather I'm so sorry! we will for sure miss you guys. We are still here if you need somewhere to stay while you are here packing, and we are here help with whatever!

Alisha Wilkins said...

So sorry about all that is going on in your life right now. Good luck with the job hunting.

Megan said...

I'm so sorry to hear this news which makes your trial that much harder. But I'm sure it is for a good reason and it will all work out best for you in the end. Good luck with the job hunting!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Heather, I KNOW everything will work out. I was in your shoes... 9 months pregnant this time last year (you probably remember). Scott got "let go" just two weeks before Nathan was born. There we were in the house we had just built and moved into about to have our baby and JOBLESS. Things WILL work out! I KNOW it! Call me - we'll get you hooked up with some oils, since you won't have health insurance. If you don't have my # - Tara does! Good luck and seriously call me next time you're in St. George!

Suz n' Johnny said...

Hang in there, sweetie! What a crazy happening. Please know that your family is in our thoughts and prayers. There are lots of jobs in DC...we'd love to recruit you out here. ;) One day you'll look back on this and laugh (we hope :). Let us know if we can do anything for you!! I've got a great head hunter. Suzanne

Noel said...

So sorry! I am thinking of you guys and praying for you. Good Luck!

Marylin said...

Oh I am so sorry Heather, I wish I was closer so I could be of some help! I love you and miss you! I know EXACTLY how you feel in so many ways but after our move and everything I know that the Lord has us right where we should be! All my love and prayers!! :)

Rebecca said...

Good luck with the job search. It seems like everyone has to go through a few months of unemployment at least once in their life. We did. Are you sure you don't qualify for unemployment? Really? I think you have to be out of work for about a month but then they back pay for every week that you were out of work. Look into it :)

HeatherB said...

I am so sorry you guys are going through all of this. It is unbelievable!! Our prayers are with you.

Jessica said...

What a nightmare. I really am so sorry that all of this is happening. I wish there was something I could do to help besides prayers.

Ann Mitchell said...

God bless you! I keep you and your family's names on the prayer roll.

Todd, Katie & Averi said...

Heather I am so sorry to hear that Samuel lost his job. If you end up in Salt Lake your family can stay with us. Can we help you with anything?

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry! I can only imagine how you might be feeling! It sucks when you're in the middle of it all! Bless your heart! You are both in my prayers! Good luck with the search..it will all work for the best. Love you!

Kat Clark said...

Your faith is inspiring. This has to be hard and so sad but you are doing so well. I will keep praying for you! I love you. Call me if you need anything.

Nessa said...

You guys are in our prayers. We are hoping that some very rich blessings find their way to you soon. Take it a day at a time...if not a minute at a time. You are both in our thoughts, just keep you chin up and keep moving forward! (I know...easier said than done, right?)

Live everyday to its fullest said...

Heather we Love you guys! You are in our thoughts and prayers!

Lara said...

Did you talk to Jason Winsor? What is the latest? I know it has been a week. Has Samuel been charged with anything? I need an update!