Wednesday, July 29, 2009

St. George

This week we are in St. George. We are in our 5th city in 3 weeks. Living out of suitcases...AHHH, the joys!

We had a nice few days in Colorado for the family reunion.

These are the only pictures I took the entire time, and it was when we had to stop and stay in Moab, because we were too tired to stay awake driving any longer. We stayed in this tiny cabin with bunkbeds at the Lazy Lizard Hostel. Good times.
:)

Durango, CO was fun. The air was cool and fresh and smelled like pine trees. I met a lot of Samuel's extended family. Samuel's parents gave us their room in the cabin so that we wouldn't have to spend money. It was an 8 hour drive from St. George, and I was dreading it so much. My girls have not always been the best of travelers, even with the DVD player that I've come to depend on so heavily. They both got yucky colds as we were leaving, which made from some crankiness and sleepless nights. But overall I guess it was worth it. We did the drive back in one day, and we only stopped twice. Kalia actually took a nap in the car twice! I couldn't believe my eyes. I hope it continues.


I took this clip of her watching Elmo and singing her ABC's. I can't believe she's turning 2 next month. I just love her little lisp. And she's starting to carry a tune a little too, which is fun for us to see.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie. If you are still going to be in town on Monday, Aug. 3 you should join us at the park in Washington (the one with the waterwheel). We are going to be there from 10-noon, bring your own lunch. It should be fun.

Kat Clark said...

That little lisp IS adorable! She is so stinkin' smart that it sickens me! AH! I am glad you are alive and that you made it on that long drive.

Marylin said...

She is so cute and getting so big!! Heather I think of you everyday and keep you all in my prayers! I miss you and wish I was close so I could give you a hug, if nothing else!! Love to you!

Heather & Greg said...

Oh she is a doll. I miss her a ton in nursery! I'm glad to hear you gys are atleast surviving. Keep up the positive attitude. All WILL be okay. We will continue to pray for you guys and when you are ready to get your stuff please lets us know, we will be there to help!