When I say trouble, I mean WE'RE in trouble. Kalia just turned 5 months old. I put Kalia to bed one night, she'll usually cry for a minute or two sometimes, then fall asleep. A few nights ago she was crying for a while, so I went in to make sure she was okay. Needless to say we were a little shocked to find her like standing up in her crib. The child can't even sit up on her own yet, I mean COME ON! We put her back down and she showed us how she did it in this little video. We'll just admit it now. We are so proud of our little girl who is learning to do everything really early.
So now that she can do this, she's falling and bonking her head a lot. I'm glad we've avoided a concussion so far, but I do worry about the future. Every time I turn around, she's finding something else to help her stand up. (p.s. if you're wondering about the blanket over the crib, we use it during the day, as if she were a little parakeet. Black-out means SLEEP time! Works pretty good.
Funny...but no. She still tips over. Or she'll only sit still for three seconds, and then flips over and starts crawling away. She does have the "lean on one hand" thing down though, so hopefully it will all come together one day. :)
I can't believe how advanced she is...that is crazy! Yep..you are in trouble! She is going to be quite the active little girl! She is growing up too fast!
HAHAH that is soooo funny! I dont remember when Chloe started standing up but I dont think it was this early! GOOD LUCK! You are really in for trouble. You are gonna have to lower the mattress on her vrib or she'll tumble right out! What a brave little girl!
She had me laughing and clapping for her when she stood. Tyler was 6.5 months when he stood for the first time in his crib. I say you're in for an early walker. The blanket is an amazing idea. I need to try it with Logan.
She's such a doll and you sure do have one determined little stink, I can't believe she's doing so much so young. I love how you celebrate every moment in her life. I've never stayed home with Landon I'v either been in school or teaching school and I missed a lot of moments, you're lucky!
Are you kidding me? Kalia is zooming right thru all her milestones! (BTW...every time I write Kalia I spell it Kahlia first and then have to delete it & try again. What's wrong with me???)
16 comments:
WOW. What a girl. Has she figured out sitting, too? She's a prodigy! Hope she figures out how to fall asleep soon!
Funny...but no. She still tips over. Or she'll only sit still for three seconds, and then flips over and starts crawling away. She does have the "lean on one hand" thing down though, so hopefully it will all come together one day. :)
I can't believe how advanced she is...that is crazy! Yep..you are in trouble! She is going to be quite the active little girl! She is growing up too fast!
HAHAH that is soooo funny! I dont remember when Chloe started standing up but I dont think it was this early! GOOD LUCK! You are really in for trouble. You are gonna have to lower the mattress on her vrib or she'll tumble right out! What a brave little girl!
Holy Moly!!! You ARE in trouble!! She is so young to be doing that already. Go Kalia!
Yes trouble for sure. She must be a pretty tough little chica to be doing all these things. What are you feeding her??
Oh man! I can't believe it! She is darling!
oh kalia she is going to keep you on your toes!!! she looked a lot like you in that video.
heather she is soooo stinkin cute!
She had me laughing and clapping for her when she stood. Tyler was 6.5 months when he stood for the first time in his crib. I say you're in for an early walker. The blanket is an amazing idea. I need to try it with Logan.
She's such a doll and you sure do have one determined little stink, I can't believe she's doing so much so young. I love how you celebrate every moment in her life. I've never stayed home with Landon I'v either been in school or teaching school and I missed a lot of moments, you're lucky!
Are you kidding me? Kalia is zooming right thru all her milestones! (BTW...every time I write Kalia I spell it Kahlia first and then have to delete it & try again. What's wrong with me???)
ah...she is getting big way too fast.
Wow! She had me cheering for her too! Amazing what little babies can do huh? What a big girl she is!
Julie
Uh oh... she'll probably be walking by next week. LOL, you ARE in trouble!
I love that Sam is giving her hints on how to accomplish this task.
Post a Comment