Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books
So that's what she's been working on. I am proud of her tenacity (she is so DETERMINED) but I am very aware that I will NOT have those precious months of a baby just CHILLIN' and entertaining herself. Kalia doesn't know the meaning of the word "chill". (by the way, she can't even sit up by herself yet. She skipped that step...)
Ok, so I piqued all your curiosity when I mentioned job interviews. We are about ready to leave Hawaii- although we'll always love it and it's really close to a "perfect" place to live, the cost of living is crazy high, (and climbing), and our stash of baby-shower diapers is finally depleted. And Samuel has really hated his job for awhile now, and is ready to get out.
We could be here until the end of February. Or we could be outta here in a few weeks. Samuel has a GREAT opportunity to be a Corporate Trainer at the Univ. of Phoenix (in Phoenix) and we will know within a week or two if he got that job. (While we were in St. George, we also applied for a job as a Resident Manager of an apt. building there. We are Res. Mgrs here in Hawaii, so we thought, why not.)
You can all probably guess that I would want to live in St. George over Phoenix, since that's where I grew up and my family is there, but I do have to say, Phoenix would be really nice because I've already got LOTS of friends there! I can list at least 5 of my blogging friends who live there...plus, Samuel's family is there, and they'd love it too.
Yes, we'll miss Paradise, and especially our incredible ward, but I am excited to find out where we're going... I'm SO excited to get out of a one-bedroom apartment that has no carpet and only a camel-hair rug from Afghanistan.
For those of you who were wondering, we will most likely sell almost everything we own (we bought it all secondhand anyway, thanks to craigslist) and just bring back some clothes and my huge set of silverwear (flat rate box). And the jogger stroller. But then we're starting over from scratch. That could be hard. I'd LOVE to buy a furnished house! Anyone selling one?
Finally, I have a LOT of tuna fish that I need to get rid of. Anyone have a good recipe?
18 comments:
Wow! I can't believe that little stinker, that kills me.
That is exciting news about job hunting and moving! Good luck, I hope it all goes very smoothly.
My goodness! I can't believe how well she's getting around. And she's only a few months old!!
Good luck with the job hunt. We're in the middle of it & it's a drag!
go kalia, go! good luck deciding where to go. they would both be great places to be. as far as the tuna goes...justin hates it so i have no recipes. but, my mom used to always make that tuna helper in a box stuff and we loved it growing up.
What a determined little girl! Andrina learned to crawl while we were on vacation too. She was playing with all her cousins, I think that helped motivate her to get her own little self moving. To bad for you though... life will change at your house!
Speaking of change, I can't believe you could be moving so soon! I hope all works out for you and quickly. As for tuna, I've always been a fan of tuna helper. But I love tuna, I eat it 3-4 times a week.
Tuna Helper...a GREAT idea! Thanks! I'll go look for some tomorrow.
Thanks everyone for the well-wishes.
Emma, I think you're right about the cousins being motivators.
I think you need to have Samuel interview in the Sacramento area :)
How adorable. She's so determined to get to those toys. Too cute.
YEAH! That is soooo exciting for you all! You will really appreciate getting out of that tiny apartment, I know we did...but man I sure do miss that sweet little island!I am so happy for you guys. It is always nice to get a fresh start! YEah I am so happy for you guys. As for recipes go to cooks.com or foodnetwork.com for some killer recipes just type in tuna! I cant wait to hear all about it! GOOD LUCK...at least you'll be on the mainland and closer to us all!
Oh I can't wait to hear where you guys are going to end up. It would be so fun if you could end up in St. George. There is a good chance will have some extra furniture - I'll let you know! hehe :) Keep us updated!
ohhh how exciting! hmmmm tuna...no recipes jump to mind although I love a good casserole.
I can't believe she is getting around. She is so cute. Good luck on the job limbo...
How fun to be starting a new chapter. Since having recently done that...I feel for you and am very excited for you as well. I have a tuna casserole recepie...I'll email it to you. It's really good. My kids love it and they aren't big tuna fans!
I can't believe she is crawling before she sits up! That's incredible!
As for a recipe...here's one that my family loves and we eat it once a month or so... It's called Tuna Noodle Casserole
Cook 6 ounces (3 cups) medium egg noodles using package directions; drain. Combine noodles, one 6 1/2 - or 7 ounce can tuna, drained, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1 cup sliced celery, 1/3 cup chopped onion, and 1/2 tsp salt.
Blend one 10 1/2 ounce can condensed cream of celery soup and 1/2 cup milk; heat through. Add 4 ounces (shredded about 1 cup) sharp process American cheese (we just use our regular mild cheddar cheese); heat and stir cheese until it melts.
Add to noodle mixture. Put in a 2 quart casserole dish. If desired, top with 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 425 degrees for 20 minutes. Makes 6 servings.
I hope this makes sense...I typed it directly out of the cookbook. Any questions...let me know!
How exciting! I would be sad to leave hawaii, but how fun that you were able to live there for awhile. I cannot believe your little girl is already on the move. Addi was a roller and did not actually "crawl" until she was 11 months!!
Wow! What an adorable big girl Kalia is! I love to see their first little baby crawls!!
I actually was going to ask you how a person moves all their stuff across the ocean. That would be crazy! But to start from scratch!!! What a huge job! Good luck with everything. I have to admit I will miss having you be in Hawaii. Sometimes I check out the weather and stuff there just to imagine what it would be like to live there. I know, I am kind of dumb. Oh well. Anyway, I hope everything works out the way you want it to.
I love tuna sandwiches with cut up vegetables mixed in (tomato, cucumber, carrots, onions, celery). I practically lived on that for a month when I was pregnant with Sammy!
WOw! I can't believe how good she is getting around!! Ooh I hope you come to Phoenix!! We could totally hang out!!
Let us know if the job comes through in Phoenix. That would be fun to have you guys here.
man! I've missed your blog for a while... i forget the google reader doesnts pick up some of the private bogs... thats exciting that you're moving! Change is fun! I kind of wish things worked out for us in phoenix... Fun if you get to go there... but st g is even better! I'm probably selling sams crib and chest of drawers in a bit if your iterested... Goodluck with the big move and keep us posted!
Post a Comment