Monday, September 03, 2007

A First Bath to Remember

I really need to download picasa and start doing some collages. For now, here's the funny story of Kalia's first bath:Her umbilical cord fell off Friday night, and so decided to attempt the first bath. She didn't like her sponge baths, so we weren't sure how she would like the real thing. We don't have a real tub, but we do have a baby tub, which she'll probably outgrow in about, oh, two weeks. ;0)

Oh, and I should tell you, she was acting like she needed to have a good little poopie, but couldn't get it out. We got tired of waiting, and got on with the bath.
She surprised us and LOVED it. She was as good as gold as we washed her all over. Then, when we washed her hair, we gave her a pacifier to keep her calm. She did so good. We decided it must have reminded her of the womb.We were almost done when we heard some BUBBLES in the water! Apparently it DID remind her of the womb, cause last time she was there she pooped in there too. We quickly pulled her out of the water and washed off her little bum. She never made a peep. It must have felt good to get it out. We thought she was done pooping.

She wasn't. I had just put her in this gorgeous white hooded towel that my mom made just for her, when the poop came shooting out. We were all laughing SO hard, and it hurt so bad to laugh, but it was just too funny. (BTW, look how tiny our kitchen is!)Thank goodness we had Grandma and Grandpa Bigler there to help wash out the towel and the tub as we cleaned off the babe.

We washed her AGAIN...and bundled her up in a little robe......and she was happy as can be. So, we're learning as we go, and wow, it sure is fun.

23 comments:

The Bundys said...

And that is probably the first of many pooping incidences. It's nasty though..i dont think i will ever get used to being pooped on.
Right after we brought Jace home, Jake was changing his diaper and jace started peeing all over (and little boys spray!), and THEN, he started pooping the nastiest poops all over Jake. I was laughing so hard that I peed everywhere too (and im going to blame that on just having a baby, cause I dont regulary pee my pants).
Anyway! Has anyone told you how beautiful she is?!

Shantal and Alofaaga Laulu said...

Heather... She is soo AdOrAbLe! Give her a big kiss on the cheek for me! love ya!

Emma said...

Okay so after I was done laughing about Kalia's pooping story I read Meagan's peeing story... this is all way to much!
First bath's are always an adventure eh? There will be more to come!

Anonymous said...

LOL. I'm sure Kalia feels much better now too. And like Megan said, it is just the start. Wait until you're in public and she has a poopy diaper that goes all up her back and gets on her clothes. That's loads of fun. And there will be plenty more pooping in the bath incidents too. This is just the beginning of the adventures.

Alisha Wilkins said...

That is too funny! Hope you are starting to feel better!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

I'm with everyone - too funny! I can't wait to have my own pee/poopy adventures. I look so forward to being in your shoes Heather! Kalia is beautiful!

Brandi Schall said...

That is funny! Yes the pooping begins. I remember when we first had Elsa and a family in our ward just had their second we were at their house. The Dad was changing the baby's diaper and looked up and asked us, "Do you have blow-outs? We have blow-outs" very casually. We still laugh about it today.

Crystal said...

Yeah, you will get to the point that pee & poop don't even phase you anymore. All in a days work!

Meg--that is hilarious!!!

To answer your previous question...Lincoln was 10 pounds, 6 ounces at two weeks and then 15 pounds, 3 ounces at two months. He totally cruised thru size 1, 2, and 3 diapers, but he's been in size four for like six months, and will probably be in them for a while still.

Jess said...

That is so funny!! I am loving these comments! It's true....It will probably happen again...and again..and again. At least her pooop isn't stinky(wait till she starts eating real food)

Traci said...

That it so funny! And it will only be the first time she does that. Addi still has the occassional poop in the tub, but it is not as cute anymore. I love that you got pictures of it all.

Julie said...

That happened to me after Sammy was born (only he wasn't taking a bath, and we weren't at home). It was Mother's Day and my MIL warned me to wear something washable. She said it is inevitable that on Mother's Day you will get pooped on, piddled on and/or thrown up on. I was asked to say the closing prayer in church, and I had to take Sammy up with me because David was out in the hall. Right during the middle of the prayer I felt a small rumble in my arms. I quickly closed the prayer, and by the time I got back to my bench I had poop dripping from the top of my skirt to the bottom and off onto the floor! It was awful!!! But all in a days work as a mom I guess. Congrats on being initiated!

Holly Woolsey said...

That's cute Heather...even though it should probably be gross. Little babies are so fun! I miss having a newborn. BTW..you look great!

Krystal Trapnell said...

I love the last pic of Kalia in her robe! Too cute. I love when the stump falls off and you can give them a real bath!

Are you feeling better? Any more fever or other problems?

Taralee said...

Hi, I saw your blog through a friend, and I was just curious where you got your cute background and Blog title background. I LOVE it. I LOVE PINK, so I've been looking for something totally cute and different. If you don't mind, email me...urkissable@yahoo.com My name is Tara. Thanks!!

Nadine said...

oh heather...i'm glad you have a great sense of humor. i never really handled the runny poops very well. i probably would have cried. although brener rarely poops anywhere else but his diaper, the other day i put him in the tub and while i was brushing my teeth he must have done a little doo doo. when i got back there were 5 little (rock solid) turds that he mistook as bouncy balls. not fun. but, i'm sure i'll be able to laugh about it someday. after therapy. kalia is a big newborn. i love the cheeks. and you look fantastic. it doesn't even look like you had a baby.

Natalie said...

Hey Heather,
I have the same baby tub! I loved it and I actually used it for Lil' until she was able to sit up on her own. Those silly babies tend to have "accidents" at the most random, inconvenient times. I bet it was funny experience and one to remember.

Mel said...

I am laughing hysterically! I have never heard of an experience quite like that. Love the pictures...and may i say, you look AMAZING! Kalia is already so big and different than from when I last saw her.

Anonymous said...

Thats funny. When I bathed Justin he would pee all over me.
You are such a cute mom. I can not believe how big your daughter is. She looks older thaen she is.

Katie

Morgan said...

I LOVE that story! Gracey was the QUEEN of pooping in the bathtub. Luckily Emily is a little easier. I think it is hilarious that you documented each step with your camera. The bath, the butt rinse, the white towel, and then the beautifully clean baby! Too cute!

Anonymous said...

Heather..those pictures are darling!!! I especially love the last one with the pink towel and the hood on. She has your beautiful lips that I'm still jealous of! And you look so good by the way, can't even tell you just had a baby! Keep the cute pictures and hilarious stories coming :)

Anonymous said...

She is way too cute! I can't believe how good she is. TyTy was not happy in any of his first bath pics. He loves the bath now...

Thanks for all of your sweet comments. I am really happy for you and Samuel.

The Isoms said...

Great story! My kids usually waited untill after the bath and I was drying and lotioning them on my bed...that was their ideal time to squirt all over!

Kristen said...

Luckily Kate didn't poop in the tub TOO much. Yes, she still did it, I just think it could've been a lot worse! Kalia is a doll! She seems so big though, I can't get over it!