I have a kidney stone. They did another cat scan on Thursday and found it. We are waiting for the "full report" so I can't tell you now how big it is or if we are going to do some crazy blasting procedure to break it up, all I can say is that this explains both the side pain and the abnormal blood test. And I'm scared to death of what's going to happen when it's time to pass it.
20 comments:
Uuuuugggghhhhh! Poor thing!!! Finally a diagnosis, but that is no fun at all!
Let's look on the good side - At least you know what it is! Now on the bad side - I have never had one, but I have heard they are not fun. Which you obviously know, because you have been dealing with the pain. No fun! Good luck and keep us updated!
Heather, this is your Aunt Shannon. I don't usually write comments on blogs but I do like to watch out for all of you. I'm so glad you finally know what it is. It also explains why you had the abnormal urinalysis. I should have thought of it myself since I had one when I was pregnant with Natalie. Make sure you take care of yourself. I've had kidney problems ever since. Much love.
You want the really bright side....epidurals aren't the only blessing from above. Having seen most every pain killer known because of Jason and the whole cancer thing...they have good...no great ones. Not good news for breast feeding, but when you get to that point...i doubt you'll care! Good luck, I'm glad to hear you're making progress!
Damn...this one deserves it...
Im so sorry.
jaesi you make me laugh!
I totally feel for you, ive never had one, but ive heard they hurt like a motha! but like pam said there is a positive side. good luck with it.
Heather.... you gave birth to a child. A kidney stone is nothing. At least they know what the pain is now. Thats a good thing. Not a serious at house. Also will you add my mom
bwilltrout@gmail.com
Thanks.
Heather! I'm glad to know you know what it is! Good luck with it!
Definitely use this to your advantage. For instance, when it comes time to make dinner, do dishes, take out the trash, change stinky diapers, etc. you can suddenly have a "kidney stone attack" and need Samuel to do the work!
I'm so sorry! This stinks!
Oh, ouch. I remember when a friend in hs had a kidney stone. It was not fun. I hope they get it taken care of quickly so you can get out of all of this pain.
Heather I am so sorry!! I am glad they figured out what was wrong though. But I have heard that a kidney stone hurts like having a baby (I can't confirm that never having had a kidney stone). But I guess you would know. Keep us posted.
Julie
Oh, I'm so sorry! That is the most pain I've ever seen Jon in - even compared to a torn ACL and Achilles! Sorry! :) Hopefully you'll be able to pass it soon. Drink lots and lots of fluids, especially cranberry juice! Good luck!
YUCK! My sis gets kidney stones like every other week. They seem so painful! That's odd that you would get one right after having a baby. Bad timing!!
Get better soon! I hope it isn't terrible for you, but at least you don't have some freaky dicease or something!
Pobrecita... I am so sorry, that is no good or fun at all! I hope all turns out ok and that you get back to feeling your happy-go-lucky self soon! I love ya! Give that baby a kiss on the cheek for me!
Oh man, that stinks! Let me know what the outcome will be...at least you know what it is. That's a relief. It's a good thing that cute little Kalia was worth it, huh!
Oh man!! My hubby has passed three huge kidney stones since we've been married...not fun. He seriously looked like he wanted to die. I hope it's very tiny:)
I have heard that Kidney Stones are more painful than labor! I am so sorry that you have to go through this. I was telling my mother-in-law and when her 6th child was born, she had kidney stones...but she had to have her galbladder removed! I will pray that you don't have to go through that.
I am glad they found the problem to the pain! To bad it had to be a kidney stone...ouch! I hope all will pass with little pain.
I am so sorry to hear about all of the health stuff that has been going on. Your little girl is SO cute and I have loved looking through your blog. Glad to hear you are finally starting to recover from everything.
Post a Comment