Wednesday, September 19, 2007

My Favorite Things

You guys are probably getting depressed from reading my blog. I have a few more bits of bad news.

All those antibiotics I had to take for my infections killed off my "good" bacteria, and now I have thrush in the, uh, milk jugs. Nothing a little topical cream can't take care of, but poor Kalia is having a hard time eating, I think it's either made the milk taste funny or her mouth or throat is sore.

Also, today I saw a urologist. The good news: my kidney stone is only 2mm, and it's resting at the bottom of my kidney. It might not kill me to pass it, ...but it could be there for awhile. I'm going to dissolve it with my mind powers. Just kidding.

The bad news: The pain in my right side is NOT related to the kidney stone like I thought. He let me see my CAT scan results, and besides the kidney stone it shows a possible cyst in the liver, possible blood clot, and/or possible spleen issues. He's referrring me back to the Internist. Back to Mystery Diagnosis.

Still, I maintain that life is good. I'm trying so hard to be positive and to try to learn what I'm supposed to learn. Maybe this is God's idea of compelling me to be humble...I hope I learn quickly. Anyway, the blessings in my life completely outweigh the challenges right now, which in perspective, are still very small.

I didn't do the "Favorite Things" swap that a lot of you guys did, but mostly that's because these favorite things aren't swappable: :)

My favorite things come from this sweet little spirit in this chubby little body.My favorite sounds are her coos and her sighs of contentment, or most of all, the way she gulps down milk with such pleasure. My favorite things to see are the moments when she finds her hands and fingers and happily sucks on them. The best sight of all are the darling little smiles that have just started to happen as she looks at us in recognition.

My favorite smell is the smell of her skin, especially her head.

My favorite moments: when I get to feed her, and we sit in the quiet with her little tummy laying on mine, and I can feel her breathing; or when we get a really good burp out; or when she wraps her tiny hand around my finger and won't let go.

My favorite thing is being a mother, and starting to understand what God and His Love is really all about.So congratulations to all my pregnant blogging friends, I know of at least six of you...and to all the rest of us...let's have more babies!!

21 comments:

Emma said...

Oh my goodness she is so chubby & I love her!
I like your favorite things thee best. You nailed it with every sweet word that was said.
I really hope they are able to figure out what is going on!!
Keep us posted!!

Julie said...

I can't believe everything you are going through!!! I wish I could come over and do your dishes and empty your garbage (it seems like those are always the things I have the most trouble with while recovering from having a baby). You are in my prayers. Take care and kiss that sweet baby!

Julie said...

P.S. Love the bracelet!

Rachel said...

Heather- She is such a beautiful baby! Sorry to hear things have been kind of rough. Just holding your new little one can seem to make everything okay even when the going gets a little tough. Congratulations...you're going to have fun being a mom!

Heather B said...

Thanks you guys! And thanks Julie, how did you know my sink is full of dishes? The garbage...well, it smelled bad and I begged Samuel not to forget it on his way out the door this morning.

Anonymous said...

Heather, she is just too adorable. I love the little chubby cheeks. Because you have thrush, Kalia most likely will end up with it too. So keep an eye out for that. I hope all those "possible" problems aren't really problems at all, and that it's just something minor they can fix.

~Kreitzers said...

I can't believe how much her little mouth looks like yours, she's so cute! I hope things start shaping up for you. That's so strange does the kidney stone etc.. have something to do with birth, I've never heard of those side effects but anything is possible I just hope they figure it out for you so you can enjoy that baby pain free!

Anonymous said...

I don't know if anyone relayed this to you or not...but just in case....if you have thrush...she'll get thrush too. it's not too bad to get rid of her either but that may be her problem eating. My one breast feeder did that too. Good luck!

Heather B said...

You know, I kinda think she already has it, even though her mouth isn't white, some websites I looked at says that the baby can have it and not show any symptoms. How could she NOT get it, eating right off the nipple 8 times a day? She has been really fussy...poor thing. My doctor didn't prescribe anything for her, so I hope somehow she's getting some of the stuff I am using.

Heather B said...

p.s. Angie: The urologist today says pregnancy does make you more prone to form a stone, but I haven't googled that yet, I've never heard of that either.

Crystal said...

My goodness. I'm so bummed to hear that your kidney stone isn't the only thing going on. I hope they figure out the rest of it STAT!!!

Kalia is such a beauty.

I miss nursing. I'm glad you're still doing it thru all your troubles.

jaesi said...

Heather. You are so wonderful. And like Emma said, you nailed it with every word.
Lets get this junk taken care of and have you 100% better.

The Isoms said...

Okay Heather....she is way cute and chubby, I love it! About the thrush, at work (I work at Dixie Peds), when mom's get a yeast infection when they are nursing we will call in a script because it is almost always that the baby will get thrush! So talk to your pediatrician. Raylie and I kept passing it back and forth for the first few months! It wasn't very pleasant. Ouch!

Heather B said...

Hmm, good to know about passing it back and forth, thanks Brittany, I'll look right into that. (By the way, I have a prescription for Nystatin and I put it on 4 times a day, and they said it's okay if she nurses over it, anyway, is that enough to kill it in Kalia too? I guess I'll have to ask my pedi, but if anyone knows...)

Alyson said...

sorry, no help on the thrush from me. :) but she looks like one content, adorable, chunky, little girl! i wish your medical mysteries were on House and not really happenening to you. hopefully your internist will be just as good and you'll have it wiped out in no time!!! :)

Holly Woolsey said...

It's so amazing all the wonderful things that come from a little one. I'm glad you have her here!

Krystal Trapnell said...

It's amazing that you have stayed so positive throughout all of this (besides the sad look on your Avatar's face). I can't believe that it's just been one thing after another! We're praying that everything gets back to "normal" fast!

Traci said...

I would be one of those pregnant bloggers and reading this made me cry.(I am alittle emotional) You are so positive and it makes me wonder why I even complain. Thanks for putting life in perspective for me!

Heidi said...

Heath, I hurt for you. I'm sorry you've had to go through so much. You have such a great attitude about it all. Do you feel like you are getting good medical care? I worry about you. Your little one is so dang sweet. I want to pinch and kiss on her cheeks.

Brandi Schall said...

I hope things get figured out soon! It's nice to here your positive words, a good reminder to be thankful for all the good moments in our complicated lives. Your baby is such a beauty, and I loved the vid of her tummy-time! SO funny, and it won't be the last time you laugh as your child struggles--sometimes it's just funny! :)

azandersens said...

All I can say about the thrush is I'm SO sorry. I had that with my first, and it was SO painful. I wouldn't wish it on anybody. Hope you feel better soon.