Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Maui



So, I have to admit, one of the perks of living in Hawaii is the opportunity to check out other islands. Flights are only $39 each way. Samuel's cousin has a timeshare, and this year they invited us to join them at the Westin Resorts in Maui. We forgot to take our camera, so they took the pictures and they sent them over last night. There are too many for one blog, so I'll spread them out. To start with, the Villas were gorgeous. I don't think I've ever stayed in a place so nice. The views were great too.



One of the first things we did was go deep sea fishing. It's an eight hour adventure. I had never been, and I went along just to watch. I guess the thing that's so great about fishing in the deep seas is that the fish are huge, and there's a chance you can catch fish that are 300-500 pounds. (It doesn't happen everyday, but there are mini sharks and swordfish that are pretty big.) Also part of the fun is reeling the big fish in, since they fight like crazy, and you practically have to wrestle them to the ground.

Samuel caught a big Mahi Mahi. I was so proud. His cousin Jonny caught one too; They were bright royal blue when they were caught, then they turned green as the day went on. We grilled them up that night and I had to admit, they were TASTY! That's coming from me, and I don't like fish. But fresh fish is a different story! Anyway, here's some pictures.




No comments: