Friday, December 31, 2010

Don't you love it when kids fall asleep in their high chairs? I mean, well, not LOVE it, cause then they're not tired for bed, but it's so dang cute.

On a more serious note, I really love this quote by President Monson, and I know every parent out there knows the feeling he is talking about.

"Should a parent need added inspiration to commence his God-given teaching task, let him remember that the most powerful combination of emotions in the world is not called down by any grand cosmic event nor found in novels or history books-- but merely by a parent gazing down on a sleeping child." Ensign, May 1973




Seriously, what is it about them when they are asleep? Sometimes I am overcome with emotion so strong I don't know how I contain it without spontaneously combusting.
:)

5 comments:

~Kreitzers said...

I love that quote, thanks for sharing. Your girls are so adorable!

Tara and David said...

How funny it was last night that I was kissing the boys before I went to bed and looking at my 6 year old sleeping made me cry!

becca olsen said...

Heather! I couldn't agree more! It's like some days you can't wait till they go to bed and when they are asleep you can't wait for them to get up because they are so cute!

Krystal Trapnell said...

That first pic of Annie looks like she is dreaming about snuggling with a tiny baby. So cute!

Emily Blais said...

I love this post Heather. I am POSITIVE I love Adam the most when he is sleeping :) Lets get together SO soon!!!