Sunday, January 03, 2010

Deep Breath...Lots to Update on...

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Years! We have been traveling and I think I am officially partied-out and DONE traveling! At least for 2 more weeks when we have to go back to St. George for my brother's mission farewell. Anyway, it is so good to be home, and I'm finally staying up late to get some blogging done. Where to begin?

Life is good. December turned out to be the best month we've had all year. For real. I guess it was the first Christmas where we were on the "receiving end" of a lot of kindness and generosity and service. I couldn't believe how much of the Christmas Spirit I was feeling, since we weren't able to do much giving. I just felt so loved and humbled.

I turned 29 a few weeks ago...Samuel let me spend the entire day doing everything I wanted. It was one of the best birthdays I've ever had. And I got to eat at Cafe Rio AND Olive Garden within 24 hours. Does it get better than that? I was completely kid-free for 24 hours (maybe it was closer to 36...) and it was a much-needed break.

But I want to thank a few of you (you know who you are!) who wanted to help us out this year...we wouldn't have had much of a Christmas (or a birthday) without you. It means a lot to us! We were able to stretch the "generosity" and get some necessities...and more!

So, in no order at all, here's a few bright spots from the month:

1. For the first time in our married life we said good-bye to mismatched sheets and random blankets and got a "Comforter Set." If you haven't checked out KINGLINEN.COM then you're missing out!! Amazing prices and machine washable stuff. Ignore the "SALE ENDS TODAY" line...it says that every day. Anyway, this is what our bed looks like now and I love it...it feels so elegant now in our room.
We spent Christmas in St. George with my family this year. It was SOOOOOOO much fun. This is my youngest sister Kimberlee with Annaliese.

And here I am, happy because I'm playing my NEW ADDICTION: Settlers of Catan. All the married couples would stay up til 2 or 3 a.m. playing this game. I even won once, which is probably why I'm happy in this picture, but anyway, I am still trying to figure out ways to play that game every weekend.
Annaliese and Grandma Karen (some of you might notice that my mom's kitchen is completely remodeled. It's like three times bigger. It was so nice, since it was SERIOUSLY overcrowded in that house on Christmas.) We celebrated three nights in a row with all the extended family. We were lucky to have a bed.

The little cousins sang their musical numbers.
And the other big exciting gift? A steam mop! LOVE IT!
Christmas morning on the stairs (before getting to see what Santa brought.) This picture is an Esplin family tradition.

So, I totally did not put up any pictures of what the kids got for Christmas, but don't worry, they got some fun little gems too.

3 comments:

Annelise said...

so ive spent a lot of time looking at your fun pictures and catching up on whats been going on with you guys . . . the one thing that stuck out the most, besides how darling your little girlies are, is how gorgeous their mommy is! you look amazing!!

Emma said...

You do look amazing Heather! I am loving your dark hair.
I am jealous of your steam mop, I expect review on that beauty before I decide to get one.

Kat Clark said...

The last picture of them on the stairs is so adorable. They are so sweet and I loved hearing little Kalia sing to you. It literally brings me to tears every time Jack sings to us. Precious.