Monday, December 17, 2007

Happy Birthday!


Written by guest author, and favorite older sister, Krystal Trapnell
Sweet! Heather gave me her login name and password three months ago when we were waiting for little Kalia to be born. Who would've thought I would remember it now?
Today is Heather's birthday, and since I have known her longer than anyone besides my parents, I feel that I am an expert when it comes to all things Heather. Here are some of my favorite things about my sister:
  1. She is irresistable. Boys have always loved her and would do anything to catch her eye. It worked out nicely for me, because those boys always had friends...
  2. She loves the finer things of life. Anytime I see something luxurious (a fancy hotel or a gourmet meal) I think Heather would love this.
  3. She is very thoughtful--she loves doing nice things for those she loves and is a great friend.
  4. She is incredibly talented--by far my favorite person to sing with--and isn't shy about sharing her many abilities.
  5. She is so much fun. All of you reading this know that this is true. She lights up a room when she walks into it, and makes everything a little more fun.

Some of my favorite memories of Heather:

  1. "Certain volumes for certain songs" in our 1987 Nissan Maxima. Especially "Strawberry Wine" and "Independent Love Song."
  2. Sleeping naked on rainy nights (in the same room--in bunkbeds).
  3. Getting dressed up for basketball/volleyball games. "When you look good, you play good."
  4. One time I was rushing to class at PVHS, late, and I took a corner a little too quickly, smashing into someone rushing the other way. It was Heather. We seemed to have that "sister connection" even when we couldn't see each other.
  5. Sitting with her at Tara's championship basketball game (which they won!) and cheering our hearts out for the Panthers. We lived our dream through Tara, and it was so much fun to do together (probably my favorite sister memory of Tara, too).

Heather and I haven't lived in the same house for almost 10 years now, and our lives have changed so much. I never would've thought she'd be in Hawaii and I'd be in Florida and we'd only get to see each other once or twice a year. But as I get older, my love for her grows stronger, and I am anxiously awaiting the day we both move a lot closer to home. I love you Heather. Happy birthday!

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Heather! I hope you have a great one!

Kristen said...

What a cute post! Sisters are the best. Happy birthday, Heather!

Nadine said...

happy birthday heather! tell us how it goes.

Alisha Wilkins said...

Happy Birthday!

Jamey said...

I remember it is your birthday, because you have the same birthday as my mom! I hope you have a very special day!

Shantal and Alofaaga Laulu said...

HaPpY BiRtHdAy Heather! I hope it is the best one ever! Sure do love ya!!!

Heather B said...

Wow, Krystal, you are the best! What an awesome post, thank you so much! (I tried to do the same thing on your birthday, but your password HAD changed! Or I got it wrong...anyway, I guess that sister connection has us thinking alike.) Love you too! Can't wait to see you in 2 days!

Thanks everyone, for the birthday wishes. I'll update you on what a great weekend it's been...soon.

Mel said...

What a sweet sister you have, Heather! I wish you the happiest of birthdays!

Emma said...

Happy Birthday Heather!
What a nice way to celebrate you!!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Dang cute post!

Happy bday Heather!

Live everyday to its fullest said...

Oh Happy Birthday Heather...that was such a sweet post and so great to see you through your sisters eyes! What a great blessing to have a sisterly connection that is so close! Miss you and hope your weekend is FAB!

Lara said...

Heather, you are irresistable! I love you and happy birthday!

jaesi said...

Happy birthday Heather!
What great sisters you all are!
Im so happy that you can be together for the Holidays!

Jess said...

Happy Birthday Heather!!! That was a very sweet post from your sister!!

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Heather. I hope it was fabulous. And I think your sister is awesome too!

Crystal said...

I heart Heather! Happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Are you old or just nearing old?! LOL. I'm glad no one has my password...I've chosen to just forget my birthdays! Have a super fun day! You deserve it!

The Isoms said...

What great tribute! Older sisters are the best! Happy Birthday Heather!

Traci said...

Happy Birthday! You are such a sweet heart. I am thankful to know you!!

Brandi Schall said...

Happy Birthday!

{Annie N.} said...

Happy Birthday Heather! What a sweet sister you have.

Taralee said...

Happy late birthday and this post made me cry. How lucky you are to have such a wonderful sisters and great relationships with them.

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Heather!
I know it's a bit late, but I just wanted to let you know I am grateful for your friendship. Aren't sisters the best? That was a great post - and so true.
Love you!