Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Happenings

Cute picture, huh! Kalia loves learning about Foreclosures.
I am sick...sore throat and sinus problems going on. (There's a good "mental" reason, but don't ask. Last time I wrote about that, I got myself in a little trouble!)

It's hard to be a mom when you're sick. Good thing Baby Einstein can occupy Kalia for 30 minutes while I blog. Then I think we'll go take a nap together.

So, over the weekend we took Kalia to the beach, but didn't put her in the water yet. This is Pipeline Beach. It's famous for having enormous waves in the winter. People just come and sit and watch the waves and take pictures. (it was in between waves when I got this shot though)Samuel and his friends got in an surfed, while the wives and babies chatted and watched from the shore.

In other news, I tried pigtails with Kalia's long hair in the back. I couldn't get a good part though. Haha.
She turned 3 months old, and here's another comparison pic:
Finally, my aunt and uncle from Utah came and stayed with us for a night. Then we dropped them off on a 7-day Hawaiian Island cruise. Lucky! Dropping them off at the ship just made me want to go on a cruise sooooooooo bad!!

18 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Wow Kalia is getting so big! I have always wanted to do that cruise. Hopefully someday!

jaesi said...

oh she is so cute!
Yes a cruise sounds fun but not the one that took after the Titanic! talk about freaky!
sorry your sick.

Christina Mangelson said...

Your daughter is soooo adorable. You look fantastic too!! Have a Merry Christmas and say hello to Krystal for me.

Christina

Annelise said...

i love the comparison pictures! keep them up while you can, because by 8 or 9 months she might start fighting you! kalia sure is a cutie :)

Crystal said...

LOVE those piggies!! And it's seriously hard to be a mom & be sick. Hope you're feeling better soon!!

kristen said...

wow! crazy that she is 3 months old already! that picture of her looking at samuel's book is too cute!

Anonymous said...

She is so adorable. I love the pigtails.

Julie said...

Wow! It looks so warm there!!! I love the picture of Kalia on the beach with her belly button showing. So cute! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and that you are feeling better soon!

Julie

Jamey said...

You will have so much fun doing her hair! Brad laughs at me because I always try new things with Aspen's hair, but that is all part of the joys of being the mom!

Emma said...

Way to work with the mullet and make some pigtails! We had the same problem... and I think a very similar picture!
Get well soon!

~Kreitzers said...

Well sorry about the mental issues, don't you have some book about healing everything with your mind, tell Samuel to work his mind magic and get you better soon because it is so tough being a mom who's sick :(

Heather B said...

Thanks everybody- and I'm already starting to feel better, thanks to Samuel's mind magic, the book, and my "thought changing" efforts.

Kristen said...

Being sick and a mom is the hardest thing ever! I feel for you. And I love the piggies!

Brandi Schall said...

Today was the first day I actually said the S-word (sick) out loud, I am trying to be positive amidst sickness as well! Funny that when I said it my voice wasn't even working because of all my coughing!

I love all the pics of the beach and esp. of K with her plump belly showing!

I hope we both start feeling better! :)

Emily Lauren said...

What a cute picture- Kalia in front of the beautiful coast. She's SO cute!! McKane and I were in HI last February and loved watching the HUGE waves crash and the sunset in the distance. How fun to LIVE there and get to see it every day!!
I hope you feel better soon. Like everyone said, It's hard being a mom and being sick, there's no one there to take care of you any more and instead you have to be caring for someone else when you don't feel well. Every time I get stick I still want my mom. ha ha.

Anonymous said...

I love your gingerbread man background. It's adorable.

Sarah said...

Kalia is such a beautiful baby! She must get it from her mommy. I love the pic of her looking at the book!

Jess said...

Cute, cute Kalia!! I love her little pig tails! I hope you start feeling better soon!