So, this last weekend was pretty fun, we live in a big family ward, but it seems like a partial young couple ward. I guess because we live so close to the University of Hawaii, which brings in tons of young married couples. Anyway, everyone is good friends, which is so nice.
So, our Bishop put me and Samuel in charge of planning a date night every three months, with dinner and babysitting provided of course. This was the second time we've done it, the first time we had about 20 people there, this last Friday we had about 40! We had ordered a bunch of Thai food (Y-U-M) and then played the Newlywed game, which was hilarious. (It took forever to get through 40 people's answers to 10 questions each, but no one was in a hurry to leave.) I am happy to report that all 20 guys got the "when is your anniversary" question right, and oddly not a single girl got the "what is your husband's favortite vegetable" right. (So go ask your husband what his favorite vegetable is, he'll probably surprise you.) Anyway, it was great fun, and it wasn't too much work, which was the best part.
Saturday was weird. Samuel pretty much never gets sick, but he got slammed by the flu. I'd never seen anyone so sick, fever, chills, aches, throwing up and the other trips to the bathroom, I'll kindly not mention that, and I was a little freaked out! My mothering instinct kicked right in, though, and I was like, Here, let me feed you soup! Here, drink this medicine. Here, put this cold towel on your forehead. I was enjoying myself, to be honest, as I worried, of course. His fever broke later that night, and he even got up and spoke in church the next day (I hope he wasn't contagious.) Anyway, I've been feeling great this last week, and I hope I don't get it, because there will be no Nyquil for me! But to make up for it, I've never felt better, pregnancy-wise. I actually made dinner last night. Well, I don't have anything else to talk about. Goodbye.
4 comments:
You are right, I asked my hubby his favorite veggie, and I was wrong. It is a hard question, I guess.
Yeah, maybe it's because they'll request their favorite food, or order it at a restaurant, but when was the last time your husband said, "Hey, can we have (favorite vegetable) for dinner tonight?" :)
Sounds like your having a lot of fun together... enjoy it now!!
I'm glad your feeling better! You deserve it!
That sounds like a fun date night!! And I actually know Neil's fav veggie--green beans! I only know though bc it's my least fav!!! Yuck!
Glad Samuel is feeling better. He's quite the trooper for going to church the next day!
Post a Comment