Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Heather Trivia

I feel like all I talk about is me, me, me, maybe it's because I don't have a kid to talk about yet...anyway, see how many of these things you knew about me:

1. I was born in Beaver, Utah, and for some reason I'm always kind of embarassed about it.

2. I took ballet in kindergarten, then did some cheer camps and stuff, but eventually I converted to sports like my sisters. I got a late start, and never was quite as good at basketball as Krystal and Tara, but I did play 3 sports all 4 years of high school, (Volleyball, basketball, softball for one year, then I switched to track my last three years.)

3. I still remember missing the game winning shot in an intense come-back game at the state basketball tournament.


4. I never got an allowance when I was little. If I wanted money, I did (extra) chores. In a way it made me really independent, and when I was older and wanted a car, or to go to Europe, I was able to, right after I earned the money.

5. Speaking of Europe, right before my mission I went to 10 countries in Europe with two friends from college. We were gone 5 weeks, and stayed in hotels, hostels, bed and breakfasts...we traveled by train, and carried all our stuff in huge backpacks. Countries visited: France, Spain, England, Belgium, Monaco, Italy, Germany, Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland.

6. I served a Spanish speaking mission in Georgia and Alabama. I know, it seems weird, but I was surprised to find the thousands of Hispanics living in the Southern states. I love those people. Oh yeah, and learning Spanish was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.

7. I am 13 months and 2 days younger than my sister, Krystal. No, that wasn't planned. Now that we're older, my mom thinks it's the best thing that ever happened to us. I agree.

8. According to the "Color Code" I am a BLUE-RED personality, most of you probably know about the Color Code...what color are YOU?

9. My favorite smells are firework smoke, gasoline,
fresh cut grass, and leather in a new car.

10. I've always had the weirdest urge to run a marathon, but I TOTALLY don't like running THAT much, so it doesn't make sense...

11. I love massages, but every professional masseuse I've ever had tells me that I'm difficult to massage. They say it's because I like them to use so much pressure, it wears them out. Sorry, but that's what I'm paying them for, right?

12. I'm a hopeless romantic, and I never get tired of watching 'The Notebook.'

13. I've loved to read ever since I learned how. My sister and I used to come home from school with a library book, fill up the bathroom sink with hot water, and soak our feet while we read. We'd just keep adding hot water. We'd get a new library book the next day and repeat the process. (Remember the Babysitters Club and Sweet Valley High books?)

14. I'm the only girl in my family with a big booty. Nobody knows where it came from, as both grandmas, parents, and all siblings have small bums.

15. The tip of my left index finger was cut off when I was about a year old, an accident that happened in a car with a bucket seat that was flipped forward. When my mom flipped it back, my finger got caught in the metal. Yeah, she felt awful. The doctor was able to sew it back on, and even though one corner of it is missing, I have perfect feeling in it.

16. I started piano lessons in 2nd grade, took lessons for 9 years, and just last year started teaching lessons.

17. People tell me I look young and sound young. Some tell me I look 18 (I'm 26) and talk like I'm 12. Sometimes people ask me how old I am when they talk to me on the phone.

18. If I had a few more lifetimes, here's a list of things I would have loved to have done (and maybe will still do): Star in a musical (right after I get voice lessons); Become a registered nurse, or better yet, a surgeon; Go to hair school and learn how to cut, color, and style hair; Run a travel agency ; get my pilots license; Take gymnastics for so many years that I can do most of the tricks you see on TV; join a diving team (PVHS didn't have one!) **Well, I guess you can see why I didn't get it all done...

19. I think I fell in love for the first time when I was only 16...then, when he moved, I thought I'd die and never recover. I dated as many guys as I could but couldn't found a guy to I liked as much as him, anyway, the point is, I didn't have a serious boyfriend until my first year of college.

20. Me, my sister, and my friend Kayli (Lyman) absolutely LOVED the group Wilson Phillips when we were about 12, and since there were three of us, and we knew every word to every song, we made music videos to each song, pretending we were singing. We did every video with a different setting, and made them as professional as possible. Haha, now, they are the funniest thing we have on tape.


5 comments:

Emma said...

I am total RED! I can't help it Ü

By the way, I love "The Notebook" My favorite movie.. I bawl like a baby EVERY time!

Emma said...

I am total RED! I can't help it Ü

By the way, I love "The Notebook" My favorite movie.. I bawl like a baby EVERY time!

Emma said...

Hmmm... not quite sure why that posted twice?!? That's annoying!

Crystal said...

I have zero red in my personality!! I think was was white-blue...not sure what that means though...

What a fun post! I've never seen the Notebook, but maybe I'll have to, sans Neil of course.

Anonymous said...

The last time I did the color test was in Highschool and I was full on white... now I'm not so sure I would be white... I should take it again. Fun post!