One of the coolest things to do in Kauai is to take a helicopter ride. If there was ever a place you want to see from the air, it's Kauai. It has an amazing coastline that you can only see by boat or air, and it has a grand canyon going right through the middle of it (see map from last post.)Last January the weather wasn't cooperating, and the helicopters wouldn't fly, for safety reasons. But we were blessed this time with a beautiful day. I have so many pictures, I'm not sure which ones to post.


This waterfall was filmed in Jurassic Park, in the beginning, when the helicopter lands and the scientists meet each other. Our pilot played the Jurassic Park music and flew us up right next to it, it was REALLY cool.
We must have seen 20 different waterfalls, ones you could only see if you're in a helicopter, going in and out of canyons.
Sorry about the glare, we took these pictures through the helicopter windows.
Anyway, it was probably the highlight of our trip, and I highly recommend that you save up some money (it costs an arm and a leg) and take a helicopter ride when you go to Kauai.
9 comments:
Heather!
You know those people in life you think of every once in a while and wonder what they're up too? But knowing at the same time that question will still remain....
I was seriously, no joke thinking about you the other day when I found some really great pics from back in the day! Good times! How great was it to hear from you!
I love looking at your blog! It's so fun, and it looks so warm... I could go for some of that right now!
YAY that you are pregnante too! Congrats! Having kids is the best thing, and they're so fun! I hope you get feeling better, but let's be honest... it probably won't happen!
It's really good to hear from you!!
Holy Moses that was long... sorry Ü
Holy Cow...Heather Esplin! Its Emily Adams! I found your blog from Abby's, and was so bummed when it was set to private, but now obviously its not private so...yea! How are you? You sound so good from what I saw on your blog... and CONGRATS on being pregnant. I am so jeallous that you live in Hawaii...I thought I lived in the warm city :) It is so fun to see what you have been up to...keep up your cute blog!
Heather,
It was so fun to run into you in Kauai....we did the helicopter ride too....it was incredible! Your pictures are so much better than mine however, the glare was really bad in mine. Hope all continues to go well with your pregnancy. Fun to read your blog!!!
love ya,
laurie
Yay!! All my new blog friends! I'm so glad to have other blogs to read-- I'm "IN"!
Emma, that's crazy how you can think of someone, and bam, they show up for real. That happened to me too, and it amazes me. Is your husband from Minnesota too? Do you ever come to Utah? Or Hawaii? :)
Emily, it was great to see your blog too, I left a message on it. Thanks for adding me as a link...if I can figure out how to do that, I will! I didn't realize my blog was set to private. I'm glad I figured it out. Is your husband from Phoenix? Or just going to school there?
Laurie, if you happen to check back in, I can't tell you how AWESOME it was to see you guys. And um, thanks a lot for the $$. Jeff should have kept it, he won the bet! I love seeing your family on Abby's blog- you guys are pretty much the must beautiful family ever. We're hoping to get sealed soon in St. George, I'll let you know and hope you can make it!
Heather, I was just telling my sister Phoebe how beautiful you are. I have read your entire blog...ugh..you'd think I should be doing something a little more constructive...actually, I've had a hard time getting back to the real world.:( Oh, you are so welcome for the money....we were tickled to give it to you:)It was so nice to meet Samuel. You two seem sooooo happy. Oh, we would love to be to the Temple when you get sealed!!! Please keep us posted.
So fun to read about what you are doing in Hawaii. Your time there will be a great memory for years to come!
I'll keep checking in:)!
Laurie,
You're too kind! Thank you though, a nice compliment like that makes my whole week!
I know what you mean about having a hard time getting back to reality. And we were only gone 3 days!
We'd love to see you at the sealing. I'll let you know. Have a great day!!
Heather.. its Rachel (Lundin)
i just looked at your blog and how fun to live in Hawaii!! what a dream! You look so great and i'm so happy that your pregnant! its so fun..(once the morning sickness passes)!! Anyways just wanted to say hi and i'm glad things are going so well for you guys!
ps- that is so crazy that you ran into my parents.. they were so excited about it-
Hi Rachel!! Thank you so much! You guys are so nice. I know, we feel so lucky to live here, even if it's not for long. We love it, but sometimes I really miss all the great people in St. George. That's what made it even better to see your parents.(but yeah, what a surprise!!) Your family is just BEAUTIFUL, I can only hope my kids are as cute as yours!! Thanks for the encouragement about the pregnancy, we are excited, but it will be WAY more enjoyable in a few weeks. :) Well, stay in touch! I'll be seeing you (on Abby's blog!)
Post a Comment