We had such a fun suprise our last day in Kauai. We were on our way to the airport, and we had some extra time, so we decided to make one last stop at a waterfall, since it was on the way. You can drive right up to it, get out of your car, take pictures, etc. Samuel was driving a little slow because some of the people in our car get a little car sick. At one point he pulled over and let two cars pass. When we got to the top of the hill and we were getting out of the car, I looked at who was getting out of the two cars who had gone ahead, and lo and behold, I saw a face I recognized...and then another, and another. It was a group of 8, and my parents are friends with all of them, in fact my dad went to high school with most of them, and they all live in St. George now!! I jumped out of the car and ran over to them and I had to hug them all, it was SUCH a treat to see them, they are such a cool group of people, and I just love them all. It was such a shock though, because we happened to be at the same waterfall on the same little island at exactly the same time. They had spent a week in Kauai, and were ALSO on the way to the airport!! To top it all off, they had a bet as to who would see someone they knew first, but because they all knew me, they gave US the money!! (Could this day get ANY better? Haha)I introduced them to Samuel, since none of them had met him, and my Aunt Sue actually already knew most of them (she grew up in St. George and went to the same high school.) Well, Samuel had the camera, and he snapped this shot of me walking with Laurie and Lisa: 
And here we are by the waterfall, that's my cousin Nicole and her husband Patrick, and the sun was RIGHT in our eyes. 
Isn't that nice, I got the rainbow in there too.
6 comments:
Heather I read your entire blog. You seem so happy and I can tell you make the best out of life. Well, you deserve it. May god bless your family! I am so jealous that you are in warm weather. We are lucky if it reaches 20 degrees in Logan.
Hey Jess!! Thanks so much! We feel really lucky to have the warm weather. When we went to Arizona and it got down to 40, I almost died! BRR! Logan's WAY colder!
Hang in there! Spring's on the way!
those pictures are so tempting! Jon and I are going to have to come out and visit you while you're still there!
MOST definitely, Aly!
I love that my parents saw you and because of that we know about each other's blogs now! I am jealous too that you are in such nice weather... Logan bites!
Im thinking thats Jessica Freeman that commented earlier... She is so cute.. I"ve only seen her a couple times up here... if your reading this jessica... HI!
I know, it's opened up a whole new world of blogging for me! I love it! Yeah, that's Jessica, she's so awesome, I think she's almost done getting her masters degree!
Post a Comment