Happy Thanksgiving everyone. We hope everyone had a great day. Samuel and I were not able to pay for another trip to the mainland, so we had Thanksgiving in Hawaii. Luckily, there were about 10 other young married couples, plus several extra people, including four missionaries, who also needed a place to have Thanksgiving. So at 3:00 we all got together and had a big traditional meal. I was assigned the mashed potatoes, and they would have made Krystal proud (she's a real lover of creamy mashed potatoes, as well as the famous quote, "These mashed potatoes are so creamy! Mary mashed them.") I used a cube of real butter and a pint of whipping cream. Yum. Here's a couple pictures of the group- we forgot to take one of the whole group at once. We had the dinner at a little banquet room at the apartment building of our neighbors. This is me looking very full....

Samuel took the pictures... and not everyone was looking, but that's okay!
It was a big group.
Then, at 6:00 we had another dinner invitation. We have a friend in our ward named Creagan. It happened to be his birthday, and we were all happy to celebrate it with him. He is terminally ill with cancer, and we weren't sure he'd even make it to his next birthday. He treated us to a great feast with his mother, sister, aunt, and another couple from our ward. We went to a private club on the beach where they served the fanciest Thanksgiving dinner (buffet style) that I'd ever seen. Not only was there turkey, stuffing, and all the usual things, but there was prime rib, lamb medallions, braised beef, caviar, sushi, well, you name it, it was probably there. Too bad I had just eaten a few hours earlier. The desserts were amazing too! I had to go back for seconds on the Tiramisu.
Here's a picture of us with Creagan, and then the beautiful sunset we enjoyed from our table.
So, I hope everyone had a fun happy day and found lots to be grateful for.
No comments:
Post a Comment