
Krystal is the kind of sister that everyone would be lucky to have. Some great memories I have are:
1. When I missed the game winning shot at the state tournament. It was her senior year, SHE was the star of the team, and she probably wouldn't have missed. I didn't even think I could face her. But she grabbed my arm and gave me the biggest hug. That was amazing.
2. We used to go "exploring" and hiking up the hill by our house, and we pretended we had houses up there.
3. For awhile we had Tara (the third sister) sharing a room with us, and we had three beds that had wheels and could all fit underneath each other, you know, trundle beds. One night we had a babysitter, but instead of going to bed we layered the beds like a cascading waterfall and then we all held onto each other and rolled from one bed to the next, down to the floor. How many times did we do that? Probably like, 12 times.
4. We were able to take a trip to all the church history sights, back in high school, with our Uncle Tom and Aunt Gaylynn. That was such a memorable trip, too many things to mention. But I know Krystal is smiling just thinking about it. Our uncle even taught us to read a little Hebrew during the many hours spent driving.
5. We both love to read- this started when we were little. I have a faint memory of her helping me learn to read. Later on one of our favorite activities was to stick our feet in the sink with hot water, and read for hours. We'd have to keep adding hot water of course.
6. Our trip to Hawaii was a blast- it was us three sisters and our parents.
7. When we were about 11-12 years old, we made an infamous home movie where we did a cooking show, and we called ourselves 'The Kitchenettes." We taught our audience how to make "Choc-Oat-Chip Cookies." It's a real gut-buster.
8. We sang many a duet in our days. We still sing "Innkeeper" at Christmas.
9. About the same time we were doing cooking shows, we were also Wilson Phillops Wannabes. We made "music videos" of us pretending to sing all their songs. And I mean all of them.
10. I had a good one to put here...now it's slipped my mind. I'll add it in later I guess!
Krystal is the best! What can I say? She's easy to get along with, she's solid and avoids drama, unlike me, and she just has her head on straight. She's been very supportive of me, even when others haven't been, and she has been someone who's example I am always trying to catch up with. Thanks, Krystal, for always being there and for playing such a huge role in my life. LOVE YA!! Happy Birthday!
2 comments:
Thanks Heather! That was really sweet and brought a smile to my face. Does mom have a copy of "Flesh and Blood--the music video," our pride and joy? We thought we were so technical with our lighting and everything.
Here are a couple of memories I'd like to add:
1. Rainy nights (and somehow all the boys knew about it)
2. Strip volleyball
3. The voice in the Nissan we named "Joan." When she would say, "Fuel level is low," which she did almost every day, we'd say, "thanks Joan."
4. Cruising Spring Break in the van and leaking a quart of power steering fluid every time I tried to make a turn.
5. Our flag football team, the Garden Hoes and the yellow PF shirts. Great times, even if we didn't win the championship.
6. Playing Taboo and wiping the floor with everyone else because of our mind connection.
Thanks again Heather! I love you!
That was it!!! That was number 10! Always winning taboo because we thought alike (great minds think alike, right?) and because we had all these random examples.
And I LOVED our flag football team! That was sooo fun. And our secret play, "Sisters" which worked everytime, as long as we only used it once. :)
I miss Joan!
Post a Comment