Sorry for the delay in posts, but I went to St. George for 2 and a half weeks and my camera battery died shortly after arriving (forgot my charger.) You know how it is when you have to depend on other people's pictures!!! I stole most of these off facebook.
On Feb 1st, Elder Jonathan Esplin arrived home safely and honorably from the Argentina Mendoza mission. His Spanish is fantastic. He was made an Assistant to the President (a traveling one who worked with all the other elders, helping them teach better, etc) for his last 6 weeks. I've been emailing him every week for two years and am thrilled to have him home.
We got to welcome him home from the new St. George Airport. Here's the excited parents waiting.



(Pictured above- all the family except Krystal + Jeff+ 5 kids- they were down for his homecoming though.)I made him a welcome home rainbow cake (without it falling apart, like my first attempt). Isn't my brother cute?



This was supposed to be a Uncle Jonny w/some of the nieces/nephews shot. I did a GREAT job hiding behind Ella, didn't I? HA!And for those of you who love a good video of a missionary reuniting with his family, you can see it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWyMihrb-d4
It's about 3 minutes long, and it gets rotated 180 degrees about halfway through- sorry bout that.
1 comment:
Oh, it was so fun to see Jonny! He looks so great! :) And it was so fun to see you too!! You girls are just so cute! I love the cake you made Jonny! How did you get it to stay standing up? Mine totally collapsed when I tried to make it!
Post a Comment