Monday, January 09, 2012

Ella @ 9 months


9 months and 9 days old:

*Weighs 19 lbs, 10 oz (GREAT weight gain on the formula, yay!)
*28 inches tall, and finally almost out of 6 mos. sized clothes
*Walks across the room every now and then.
*Has pretty strong legs and good turning skills. She will turn around and walk to me (even though I am the one trying to send her to walk to someone else.)
* Is only eating squash, green beans, and peas for solids, and rice cakes and rice crackers.
*Is going to bed early (6:30 or 7ish) and that's because she's down to 2 naps a day.
*Gets a dream feed around midnight, and usually sleeps til 8 a.m.
* I love that she is finally in this pattern of sleep.
*Cut those two top teeth! Gone are those baby gums. See 'em here.
(Kalia and Annie were THRILLED to see those teeth. They just discovered them tonight.)
*Has been a bit needy after getting sick over Christmas.
*She bounced back fast and seems to have a strong immune system
*She's going through a little separation anxiety and only wants MOMMY whenever I am within her eyesight.
*I let her eat rice (cooked in chicken broth) and pieces of avocado. 12 hours later she was in a lot of pain and I could hear her refluxing. I'm guessing it was the avocado. Darn.
*We have to block of the stairs because she makes a beeline for them all the time. Here she is trying to figure out how to get down. She doesn't know how yet.*I just like this picture from Christmas.
*I was in the middle of feeding her when Annie called for help from the bathroom. I set the spoon down, and came back and found Kalia feeding Ella. I loved it and it gave me hope for the future, and having two oldest girls to help me out.*She will still NOT SIGN to me, this baffles me a little as I am sure Kalia was signing by this age. Sometimes when she is in distress I get a "Maw" out of her, but still no Da-da. She likes to make her "P" sounds a lot though, and also says, "Mmm-bah." all the time. I wonder what it means.

*She has a cute pot belly and wonderful rolls on her legs. And big jowl cheeks. I am crazy about this baby. I am dying over the fact that in 3 months she will be 1.

I am without a doubt her favorite person in the world, and it sure makes me feel good, it's one of the best parts of motherhood. To be loved so completely and unconditionally- it's the closest thing to divine love that there can possibly be. ;)

3 comments:

Janey - UtValleyFoodie said...

She is absolutely gorgeous!!! So cute that her oldest sisters help out. That gives me hope as well. I love getting to know your little family! And where did you get those jeans in your fam pic at the top? Love them!

Krystal Trapnell said...

McKay can't go down stairs either. One day I heard the "scared cry" and saw him trying to go down face first. He was terrified! I guess it's time to have Carter teach him how to go down backwards!

Jonny and Brittany said...

She is such a cutie!!!! I couldn't agree with you more- knowing someone needs you and loves you so much would make you feel so good! :)