Monday, September 13, 2010

Pretty Stinkin Awesome



In case you missed this on Facebook, Annie, who is now 22 months old, has also learned to swim. Once she saw Kalia swimming on her own, she immediately wanted to get in on the action. She already knew how to kick her legs (like riding a bicycle)- she learned that from her Puddlejumper floatie, so at first she would just slowly move through the water, completely vertical. So I just let her practice and practice and we worked on "big arms", and eventually she got to the point where she could swim (mostly) horizontally. She still doesn't really know how to lift her face out of the water, so I can't say she's all the way there, but this swim across the pool is quite impressive, if I do say so myself. (And by the way, Kalia's introduction of "Ladies and Gentleman!" was all on her own, I don't know where she came up with that.)

7 comments:

jaesi said...

oh I LOVE them. Annie little legs are so cute!
Im seriously jealous of your backyard.

Sister said...

That is amazing!!! I was afraid of water till I was...18! Good job! So awesome that you have that pool. They are so grown up!

Christa said...

Holy Cow! I'm so impressed! And you look beautiful as always in the video fyi :)

HeatherB said...

That was so crazy! Way to go!

Kat Clark said...

That is AMAZING!!! So rad!

Lindsay said...

Oh my goodness I am laughing because I cannot believe that! She is too little! So amazing and cute!!

Wendi and Eric said...

Your girls are adorable amazing little swimmers! It makes me excited to have one of my own.

How did you get the video to be so big and clear on your blog?