Saturday, June 26, 2010

Summer Games 2010

I'm in Utah for 3 weeks! Yay! I just spent the weekend reuniting with some girls from my my high school basketball team, including both my sisters, to play in the Utah Summer Games. It was so fun to play together again! We played 5 games in 3 days, full court sprinting. I about died. I definitely felt my age. I like to play rough, and I'm pretty proud of my battle wounds. Samuel wanted to see them, so I put them here-- they'll be long gone by the time I get home. I hope.




We played our guts out and got to take a bronze medal home after it was all over.
Both my sisters were #11 in high school. My #32 wasn't available, so I went along with the trend.
Tara, Krystal, me- Love them! They are such awesome 3-point shooters.

13 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Way fun! Congrats girlies! We are for sure going to have to get together while you are here!

Greg and Tammy said...

WOW! How fun!!! I'm impressed you guys still "have your game". :)

Marylin said...

That looks like so much fun!!! I LOVE your battle wounds, so awesome!! :)

Rich and Crys said...

Oh my gosh it looks like your leg got ran over by a moped! Haha! You're one tough cookie. ;) That looks like a ton of fun... minus the battle wounds part (but just because I'm a ninny).

Haha! I'd hate to see what I'd be able to do (or NOT able to do) if I were to suit up in a leotard or a cheer uniform once again. I'm sure I'd pee all over myself at the first hurkie. Agh-hahaha! Glad you had fun! You totally deserve it!

Emma said...

you are my hero girl, way to go for it! I hope you heal quick!

Mary Jane said...

Hey Heather! You are so cute. I am happy to hear that things are going well with your family. Your girls are so adorable!

Holly Woolsey said...

I LOVE This!

TPlayer said...

So great to see you today. You look just as beautiful as always.

Mandy said...

How fun to get back with everyone to play. You have some pretty intense battle wounds.

Wendi and Eric said...

Nice war wounds! Congrats on Samuel's new job. Your girls are so adorable. They must be perfect playmates.

Anonymous said...

Um...nice arms miss Heather! ;) And I'm not being sarcastic!!! Glad you're having fun!!!!

Christina Mangelson said...

OUCH!!! Those look like they hurt, BAD! I wish I could have played with you guys; looks like a blast!

Cluff Family said...

Okay, I'm finally catching up on some blog-stalking.... so Kristin Hoffman Randall was one of our nurses at Primary Children's during the last few weeks. She said she played with you guys at the summer games. What a small world.......I had some good long talks with her, who knew we some similar experiences. Anyway, looks like you guys did great! Way to go! Fun pictures! Hope you are doing well!!