Monday, June 14, 2010

I missed Google the most

WELL! It feels like it's been For.Ev.Er. We moved out of our house on May 23rd. It was more annoying than anything else, because the job of deciding what to store, what to pack, what to throw away, landed on me, and I ended up packing all the boxes. Let's just say I was pretty cranky. It felt pretty good to throw a lot of junk out though.

We moved into the basement, and it's taken THREE LONG WEEKS to get the internet- we just ran into one problem after another. I really missed the ability to google things. I didn't realize how often I was using it to function. I am now trying to catch up on blogs (my google reader said 1000+. It stops counting after 1000.) and also on my Leapforce job, since I have logged zero hours in three weeks.

Samuel started his new job. It's not a fun commute (45 minutes) but luckily his hours are 10-7, so he can miss the horrendous Phoenix traffic. He gets home and the girls are in bed. But we aren't complaining because a job is a job, and this one has a bright future.

I went to Vegas for Memorial day- there was an important family reunion to attend and I wanted to go visit the graves of my Grandparents- I haven't been back there for a long time. Samuel had to work, so I drove my girls 7.5 hours each way, and I'm pretty proud that I survived that long of a road trip with my girls, who WILL NOT SLEEP IN THE CAR. Argh!It was just my mom's side of the family (a small, intimate little reunion) and it was so fun to see everybody. We spent Memorial day at this little park in Vegas that I didn't even know existed- The kids played all these games and did gunny sack races. At one point, I found Kalia laying on the cement looking so sad. I asked her what was wrong. She sad with teary eyes, "I'm not a winner." It broke my heart that she was even aware of winning/losing (ALL the kids got medals! So how did she already grasp that she hadn't taken 1st place? I don't know.) I guess it's fair to say that she may have inherited some of my fiery competitiveness.
Oh yeah, and Kalia is shirtless because she fell in that lake. Can you believe that place is in the Las Vegas desert? crazy!

Now we are home, loving the fact that we have Dish Network and DVR again. The basement is working out great. It doesn't really get above 82 degrees down here, even without a/c. It's only 2 bedrooms, so Annie is sleeping in a pitch black storage closet again. I promise, she loves it. We swim in the pool almost 6 days a week and are getting tan. Here I go...my first real Phoenix summer.

Annie is 18 months old now. She won't stay in nursery unless I am in there with here (and within 2 feet of her.) After anxiously awaiting the big day that I could be CHILDLESS through the last hours of church, I will be honest and say I'm irritated by this, but hoping she'll outgrow it ASAP. Samuel manages to get her to stay during the toy time. She is talking up a storm. She can sing the entire song Twinkle Twinkle, and sing the entire alphabet. She also sings bits and pieces of Battlefield, Single Ladies, and every other song she hears. That girl loves to sing. I'll put a video up sometime. I'm surprised that she is talking as much as she is- it was kind of a burst, and she seems to be ahead of where Kalia was at this age. I took her to her 18-month check up today. She is 75% for height and weight.

Kalia just taught herself to skip and to gallop. It's pretty dang cute. It took her a few days of swimming to get brave enough to jump off the diving board, but now she loves it.



Also, she never, EVER takes the stairs normally when she comes down. She jumps down 4-5 stairs every time. I cannot WAIT to get this kid into gymnastics. I took her to a free class in Vegas, and she was as good or better than most of the 4 year olds. And she's not even 3. Here's her stair jumping skills. Don't mind the plastic on the stairs or the mess everywhere, this is right after the move.


I am super excited to go back to Utah in a week- my sisters and I (and a good portion of our high school basketball team) are playing in the Utah Summer Games. I am not in basketball shape AT ALL but I can't wait to be on the court with my sisters again. We are so going to obliterate everyone! I hope. That's all for now. It's good to be back.

12 comments:

Tara and David said...

Welcome back me dear! I am so glad to hear that you are alive and thriving! Hope you guys do great at the summer games....good luck!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Glad your back! Good luck at the Summer Games. You'll have to post your schedule. I would LOVE to come up and watch you ladies kick some trash!

Crystal said...

wow!! i can't believe kalia jumps off a diving board!! seriously amazing.

Kat Clark said...

They are so adorable! I love their sweet little voices! So glad to have you back.

Marylin said...

Oh Man that stinks that we were both in Vegas at the same time and didn't even know it! I would have LOVED to see you! I too drove alone with the kids, let me tell you Melatonin is my best friend for long car rides!! :)

Holly Woolsey said...

I love that you guys are playing in the summer games! I would love to watch! How fun!

Greg and Tammy said...

Welcome back and congrats on the job!! Glad the new home is working out so well.

Brandi Schall said...

Welcome back! I'm so glad everything is going great for your family. I love hearing about your girls. Kalia sounds like the exact opposite of mine--competitive, athletic, outgoing, etc. I love it. I am amazing at her gymnastic/swimming/diving abilities! Maybe you have a future Olympian? That would be fun, huh? Enjoy the HOT summer :) I'm SO glad I'm not in a super-hot place this summer, though lack of pools is SLC really stinks. I wouldn't mind that part!

Julie said...

Sounds like you are doing great. You deserve it! I am so glad everything is going so well!

Annelise said...

my most favorite thing about this post is annies cute little voice in the last video saying "okaaay, im coming." darling!

Annalisa said...

that is amazing how well Kalia bounced back after the accident. You have brave little girls. The place looks really nice and I am happy for you...stability is nice! good luck with everything.

melanie said...

You deserve some relaxing! I hate moving! Your girls seem so advanced for their age. I'm always amazed when I see what they are doing. Kalia really has no fear! Have fun at the pool!