
Ok, the next part of the story is coming soon (good, happy, miraculous things that WON'T make you cry!) and they'll be coming soon. As for more recent news, tonight Kalia was readmitted to the hospital and just had surgery #3. There was infection throughout all the stitches, and no matter how much Bacitracin we dripped on her every day, we could not keep it away. It IS, however, a blessing in disguise, because she now is the proud owner of a Wound Vac, which will make sure it all heals without infection from here on out, and from what we hear, will cut the recovery time in half. YAY! We're looking at 3 more days in the hospital, and I'm sure I'll be here with her all day, and I can keep chipping away at this long saga of a story. Love you all- thank you SO SO SO much for loving us and praying for us.
13 comments:
Oh Heather I am so sorry! My heart just aches for all of you! I am thinking and praying for her recovery and for you and Samuel's comfort! I am so glad that it will heal better and more quickly! love you guys :)
It makes you wonder with a wound so extensive why they just didn't do that the first time.
I am glad she is doing better and that she will heal faster with it in! That is great!
Yay for the wound vac and half the recovery time! Poor little girl and mommy and daddy. We our send love your way and thinking of you lots!
Oh, Heather....Abby just heard about this on facebook!!! I am soooo sad! What a sweet little girl. My heart aches for you and Samuel as well...you are a strong little family and you will make it through with the help of Heavenly Father. Our prayers are with you.
We love you!!! Laurie
What a horrific experience for all of you. You are in our prayers and we're anxious for the good, happy, miraculous!
Wow! My mom just emailed me from Africa to see if I knew about Little Kalia. So I jumped right on your blog to see what was going on. I had no idea! I am so sorry. I can't even imagine what you are going through. I will keep you and Samuel and your girls in my prayers. I am so sorry!
I am so sorry you are back in the hospital. Hopefully the surgery and wound vac will take care of everything. Good luck!
Heather! I am soooo sorry. You and Krystal are on the same horrible page right now. I wish I could help in some way! We are praying for your family. What a strong family you have. Good luck with the recovery.
I just got caught up on your blog and what a lot I had to catch up on. I'm speechless and horrified and sad and...I really do hope that this is the bottom for you all and that things will only go up from here. I am amazed at how strong your faith is through all of this. Hugs.
What a little trooper!
Heather I can't believe all this! I hadn't seen your blog in awhile and just caught up now. What a nightmare for you and your husband. I hope sweet Kalia continues to heal and that the infection gets resolved soon. Take care.
Heather, I have read the whole story and just can't believe it. How can I help you? Are you at Phoenix Children's? I would LOVE to stop by. Please let me know which hospital and room you are it, and if it would be okay to have a little visitor!!!! email me emilyblais@hotmail.com or call me 602-576-7651. Our prayers are with your cute family!
Wow, we will pray for all of you!
Post a Comment