While we were in Vegas packing up boxes, my 15-year-old sister was in St. George, taking a flat iron to Kalia's hair (for the first time ever.) She said she had to do a quick job, and she only took these blurry phone pictures, but here they are: She looks quite different, in my opinion. I love it, but I don't think I'll have the patience to do it anytime soon.
*She LOVES to be naked, and I catch her outside, in the buff, several times a day.
*She loves to tell everyone good morning.
*One day in the pool I had Annaliese in one arm and her in the other, and she giggled and said, "Two friends!"
*She has this plastic little man doll, just one of many accessories to this little doll house, but she laid him in the little bed, put a dryer sheet over him, and said, "Good night, guy." She's called him Guy ever since, so that's his name now.
*She's doing good with manners, and I usually hear Please, Thank you, Bless you, Sorry, Scuze me (when she burps) and Toot! or a giggle when she has gas.
*She likes to call Annaliese "Annie". Lately she is walking in on Annie while she is napping or sleeping for the night. She turns on the light and climbs in the bed with her (and wakes her up.) I've had to lock Annaliese in (and Kalia out) to stop this vicious cycle.
*So far she is not a hitter, a kicker or a biter. Just a pusher. She loves to shove people, but time-out has helped this almost 100%.
*She sings to herself all day. She sings the Clean Up song when I tell her to clean up ("Kween up, Kween up, evee buddy evee where") and Twinkle Twinkle is one I hear her singing often. My personal favorite is when she sings Ring Around the Rosies, cause she sings it like this, "Wing Awound da Wosies, Pock-a-pull-a-posies..."
*She LOVES to kiss everyone, but especially me. She puckers her lips as far out as they'll go, and frequently kisses whatever part of my body she is closest too. I love it.
*She is still going through her Accident-Prone stage, and is always getting hurt.
*Another favorite phrase lately is, "I need it! I need it." She's usually saying it as she takes things away from Annaliese. She also says, "Be Careful" (Be Kehfull) to herself all day long.
*Getting her to stay in her room and go to bed is a huge process right now. Not fun.
And last but not least, yesterday Annaliese was crawling up the stairs (we were at the top) and Kalia turns to Annaliese, pats her thighs real fast as if she were calling a dog, and said, "C'mon Annie! C'mon! C'mon!"
9 comments:
too cute! It's fun having 2 girls...most of the time :) Holdyn loves to wake up her little sister during naps/bed time too! Oh, and I LOVE the pictures of her in the sprinkler at the temple. What a cutie!
I can't believe she is 2! Why do they keep growing so darn fast?! She is so cute and I love that little girl. I can just see her saying all of those cute things. What a doll! Happy Berfdee to my scrappy little girl!
Sorry, I just said girl alot in that post. Maybe I should have said cutie or sweetie or princess. I'll remember next time ;).
Her hair looks so pretty straight. I do it to my girls hair often. But they don't have curly hair. Just crazy waves that I have to smooth out. I think you're doing a fantastic job documenting your life. I feel like I know you so much better (and your little family).
I can't believe she's two already. That means Logan will turn 2 very quickly. AHH! She is absolutely adorable. I love the ringlets. Try to instill in her while she's young to love her ringlets. Very few people enjoy them when they are young and almost every one of those learns to love them. So if she learns to love them when she's young, she'll have a leg up on the rest. Sorry for the ramble.
SWEEEEET!!!
Oh my goodness, I just got all caught up on your blog! I'm sorry about all that you've been through and I even cried reading about it. It's so neat to read about the service people have given to your family! It makes me want to do better!!! I'm glad things are working out for you guys now. We've had some pretty crazy things going on over the last year and it has really ingrained into my mind JUST HOW MUCH OUR HEAVENLY FATHER IS TRULY MINDFUL OF US! I absolutely have no doubt about this. But I'm so happy for you guys (Even though it's not completely over yet.) Obviously you have a greater person taking part in your lives.
Kalia is beautiful! I love the ringlets AND the straight hair. SO CUTE!!!
Anyway, I know I'm totally random, but I really appreciated your openess and honesty. Reading it all really puts things into perspective!
Love that flat iron hair, too! Maybe when she's older and can sit still, huh? Happy birthday Kalia!
That little Kalia is beautiful, she looks just like you Heather! I can't get over her hair, curly or straight, it is so darling. Jaysa is sporting a mullet and is still in headbands, couldn't put in a clip if I wanted to! It is Jaysa's birthday today, she was sick, so sad. I still remember so vividly taking their blessing pictures together. Time flies...isn't this age just the best! I am loving all the new words and phrases, too cute! Would love to talk, it has been forever. Give me a call when you have some time, I know life has been a bit hectic lately. Miss ya and love ya lots.
Genis
Post a Comment