Monday, May 25, 2009

Hawaii

Samuel catches a wave at Sandy Beach

We had such a great time. The weather was beautiful! Samuel and his buddy did a ton of business meetings and they were successful, so there will probably be a lot more trips out there. Yay! By the way, I got my first spray tan (liked it) and bikini wax (didn't hurt as bad as I thought) before I left. That was an adventure. Just a note for the future- Don't do them both in the same day.

A Waikiki Sunset


Makapuu

It was so nice to have time for just US!! It felt like we were just married. And I mean it literally...It was the weirdest twilight zone/Deja Vou thing that I've ever experienced. We went to all our favorite beaches, restaurants, stores, and our old ward. It was like we'd never left (and never had kids) and it was trippin me out.

Just more pictures of us doing the same old thing...standing there smiling...


We were so happy to meet all our friends for dinner. They just made us want to move back. This was our favorite Thai restaurant of all time, just one of those tiny little hidden gems on a side street.

At one random moment we were at the Makapuu lookout and some local guy just pulls out his parachute, catches a breeze, and jumps off the cliff! It was so cool to see. I thought he was going to land in the water (and drown with those heavy clothes and parachute) but he skillfully manuvered to a rock. It looked so fun...I'd love to try it.




Anyway, I don't know what was the best part: Not having to be a mom for 5 days, sleeping 10 hours at night, or soaking up the sun and swimming in that perfect water. It was as wonderful as it sounds and now I have feel like my energy and my patience has been renewed.

I was wondering what kind of reaction the girls would have when we picked them up in St. George. Annaliese (who looked a whole month older somehow) gave us a huge smile and lots of kicking action (whew! She didn't forget us!) and Kalia just froze for a minute before she ran over to us and jumped on us. Then all that night she kept running up to me saying, "I miss you!" and then she'd give me a hug and run off- I think she did it about 6 times. Maybe she really knows what that means...I don't know. It sure made me feel good though. Kalia learned how to roll her tongue, (well, more like vibrate her tongue, you know, like you roll the RR in Spanish) and has been making me laugh all day with her new skill. She also has a way better tan than I do. No fair.
:)

My camera completely quit working on the second to last day. I just ordered 3 different ones to try out. You'll have to help me choose which one takes the best pictures and video.




15 comments:

Jill said...

Hey, I still can't roll my tongue!
it looks like a really wonderful trip. I;m happy you guys got to go!

Michelle said...

Oooo, Thai food. We know a great place here in town. My brother was in Korea for awhile and traveled a bit and said it was the best Thai food he's had in the states. We just go for the Chinese food they have there too. It's across town at Flamingo and Buffalo and it's called Jasmine Thai Gourmet. You guys should check it out.

Ann Mitchell said...

Glad you had a great time and your kids remembered you! Now you can go away again!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

I'm glad you guys had a blast! I'm jealous, but still don't think I would actually have to guts to leave my little man yet. I can't wait until I can! haha :)

Holly Woolsey said...

Oh man! I'm totally jealous! I want to go back so bad! That's awesome you got to go with no kids!

Mel said...

Wish we were there. By the way, I am so loving the darker hair color on you.

Wendi and Eric said...

It was so fun to see you and Sam. I can never get enough Thai. I'm envious of your 10 hour per night sleep marathon. I bet it felt awesome.

Krystal Trapnell said...

I'm so glad you got to have a good vacation, since all our other trips are falling apart.

Megan said...

That looked like a great trip. I love getting away from the kids for a few days and coming back ready to face life again! I took a bunch of pictures of Kalia with my kids at the splash pad. When I finally get organized I'll email them to you. They were so cute. I wish I could have seen you too.

Heather & Greg said...

How fun for you! Sounds like you guys had a blast. I'm so jealous I would love to go on a get-away with just my hubby, but that isn't happening anytime soon. :) Kalia is so cute, I can't wait to hear her.

Rebecca said...

You trip sounds amazing. I've had a spray on tan before...I hated it, my pores are too large so I looked a little weird. I've never had a bikini wax, I'll have to try that on my next tropical vacation.

Mandy said...

I am totally jealous of your vacation to a beautiful place and away from kids. It sounds amazing.

Mik'L said...

Fun! It sounds amazing and I'm glad it was!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a lucky (blessed) life you lead! Can I just say, I'm sorry that I didn't get to know you better when we were roommates. But I love reading your blog now. Almost every post relates to my own life and I'm finding we share a lot of the same feelings/experiences/desires, etc. I think you are an awesome person.

Greg and Tammy said...

WOW!! What an amazing trip!! That must have so great to go back!!! I am jealous.