Monday, May 18, 2009

Finally, a Vacation

Tonight Samuel and I will catch the red-eye flight....it's our first CHILDLESS VACATION since we've been married. And yes, we are excited! It's part-business, which is actually a blessing because we don't have to pay for a hotel or Samuel's flight...just my flight. And we're headed back to our "home away from home"--OAHU!

My mom (and family) is watching the kids in St. George. I already miss them! I hope they are good, healthy, sleep through the night, etc. etc. etc. They'll never know we're gone, right? (!!)

Most of you know, but for those who don't, Samuel and I met in Honolulu (and our first date was on Memorial day, so it's fitting that we'll be there that weekend). He was working in Honolulu and I went there to do a 3-month internship at the Shriners Hospital for Children. By the end of the 3 months we were engaged, 5 months later married, and then we ended up living there for 3 years (and Kalia was born there, which is why she has a Hawaiian name). We have been missing it so much, and all our friends there, and we can't WAIT to see them all again!

Above picture was taken on a Black Sand beach on Maui, off the Road to Hana

11 comments:

Lisha said...

Enjoy it!

Mel said...

Have a great time. Give everyone in the ward a huge hug from me.

Michelle said...

I guess it's a good thing I didn't name my 10-ten-year old, Riley, a German name with her being born there. She could have been a Baldegunde or a Dietlinde. She just gave me a very dirty look. Lol. My friends that were stationed with us in Germany and then later in Hawaii have a new granddaughter named Kaileah. I love Hawaiian names, they are very pretty. Enjoy your getaway!

ROB AND HOLLY said...

I'm so excited for you two! And a little bit jealous, too... We honey-mooned in Oahu, and I can't wait to go back! Have fun!!

Kat Clark said...

I am feeling sickly jealous right now. I want to stomp my feet and scream, "IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!" I am really that jealous. Even so, I hope you have an amazingly wonderful time. xoxo

becca olsen said...

I wish mike and I were there now so we could see you guys! Have an awesome time!!

Noel said...

Good for you guys! Have a fabulous time!

PS--Love the new (for me) color of your hair! Your family is beautiful

Rebecca said...

I'm jealous. Hopefully one day Mike & I will make it to Hawaii together.

Traci said...

Have so much fun!!! You totally deserve it!

Kevin and Emily said...

Have a wonderful, relaxing, amazing vacation together- you deserve it! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new family picture at the top of your blog. What a beautiful family!

Michelle said...

All I have to say is WHATEVER!!! Glad you guys where able to get away for a few days:)