Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Fun Times

Warning!! You're about to see pictures that I took of myself in the bathroom mirror!!!! I'm a nerd!!! But let me explain. I had 2 gift cards to the Gap and Banana Republic from Christmas and our American Express points....and then Jaesi sent me a 30% off coupon for this weekend only, AND we have outlet stores for both BR and Gap just 15 minutes away, so I was forced to go buy clothes JUST FOR ME (because all of that is just too good of a deal to let slip away) but you mamas out there know this is a very rare occurence to shop for yourselves, but at times must be done. (Hello run-on sentence!) I was just so excited to get so much "bang for my buck" if you know what I mean. At BR I got 7 things and the most expensive one was only $16!!

Well...I came home to three sleeping beauties, so I was hoping YOU could be excited with me (and tell me if I should keep the following:) Navy blue sweater from Gap (I just loved the cute buttons on the neckline)

Simple green t-shirt: This is way plain, but could be cute with the right accessories. I've just never been a green-wearing kinda girl, but with this new hair color, I'm trying to branch out.
BRIGHT YELLOW. My beautiful friend Kat always pulled this color off so well with her dark hair. I got this cardigan from the Gap and I'm hoping I can pull it off too...however...looking at the picture, I'm not sure. NOW GO AHEAD AND BE HONEST, I don't want to pay money (or, correction, use my Christmas gift cards and 30% off coupon) for things that don't flatter my coloring!! I got 2 pairs of pants, a belt, a necklace, a cute pair of wedges, and 6 shirts and I am feeling so spoiled. I love Banana Republic shirts too, they are the softest ever. So...yes or no on the yellow?

Okay, onto another quick family update. This week we celebrated our Anniversary. I should say our anniversary rolled around, but we didn't really celebrate it yet. In a few weeks we're trying out a new 4-star hotel (only $50 for a Sunday night stay!). I'll let you know. Some of you remember our fabulous stay at the Venetian (click here to see the pictures if you missed them.)
Anyway, my MIL blew up this picture and put it in this beautiful frame for us, and I love it. (Now...where to hang it?)

(Picture by Deb at Funny Face Photography )

Kalia seems to be better from whatever made her so sick...at least there's no more fever or throwing up. I still can't get her to eat hardly anything though, and if she's not outdoors, she is still extremely whiny and quite the cranky monster. (Could it be another tooth? Are the terrible twos hitting early? She just turned 18 months a few weeks ago, so I HOPE NOT!) She is having another "language explosion" and she makes me laugh all the time with her interpretation of words. Sometimes she just surprises me with words I've never heard her say, like the other day she pointed at her food and said (for the first time that I know of) "red, orange, green, blue". She didn't get any of the colors right. But it was still enough to make me smile. She also likes to come find me when I'm cooking or doing laundry and says, "Hep you" and she likes to pour in the detergent or stir the food...if only I could get her to FOLD LAUNDRY!! That's the "hep" I really need. So anyway, most of these pictures are from outside, since that's where she's most likely to smile. Annaliese....oh this little thing is SUCH A HAPPY BABY!! You know, during those 2 months of miserable crying I thought "I WILL NEVER GET THROUGH THIS!" but once we got the allergies taken care of, she turned into the sweetest little thing. When she hit 4 months old (last week) I decided it was time to sleep train her, using a mix of all the books I've read on the subject. I admit, we are not 100% consistent (more like 95%) so we're probably shooting ourselves in the foot (feet?) but she is doing really well, and is probably about 90% consistent in return. She cries for about 30 seconds before naps, then sleeps for 2, sometimes 3 hours. If she gets 3 naps, she will usually sleep through the night until 6 or 7 a.m., but with 1 or 2 dream feeds in there. Every now and then she will just fight it and resist and cry for an hour or two til it's time to eat, so I have to get her up. I hope I can figure that one out. She's in her own little pack and play right now (in the walk in closet. Hey, come on, it's all we've got for now! Nice and dark!) but anyway, I AM HAVING THE HARDEST TIME FALLING ASLEEP AT NIGHT. I love co-sleeping with my babies, and I miss having a warm little head in the crook of my arm.
:( Anyway, it's worth it in the end. Oh yeah, and I was wrong about the eyes. They are turning brown after all. I guess that's one little piece of me that she got, since everyone says she looks like Samuel!! Whatever!! Here's a few recent pics of her:

Bows by Alisha (she can make anything...check her out.)

Here's our stupid van. It's back. You know we aren't driving it anymore, just trying to get it fixed so we can sell it. We found it at a tow place across town. When it got stolen it was at somebody's house getting "repairs" (this guy was/is a total scammer and we got screwed there too but...you live, you learn) and we don't know if he had anything to do with the theft, but it came back with the rear bumper crunched up. Makes me so dang mad. If only we'd had the comprehensive coverage on it, we would have jumped for joy that it was stolen and we were rid of it! But on the brighter side, at least I never have to drive it again.

Well, that's all for now...INFORMATION OVERLOAD! And if you missed the last post, add me to your google reader with biglerfamilyupdates.blogspot.com
The End

13 comments:

jaesi said...

YELLOW looks beautiful on you!!!

Happy Anniversary!

Look at your darling girls! Kalia is looking so grown up! and Annaliese is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I like the yellow on you. It makes you glow!

Krystal Trapnell said...

I like them all, too! Keep them all! I had a really hard time trying to get Kyla to eat or drink anything with her nasty tongue sore. Even things like apple sauce and popsicles! I bought Gatorade, which she did okay with, but I also got some Pediasure (Ensure for kids) because I wanted to make sure she got at least SOME nutrients throughout the day. She seemed to like that more than anything else. Each drink has 150 calories and a lot of vitamins. It must taste alright because she drank 3 in 3 days. If you are worried about Kalia getting enough to keep her energized, you might want to try it.

Alyson said...

I like them all, but the blue is my fav! Love those buttons. :)

Happy belated Anniversary!

Crystal said...

I read somewhere that a lot of kids are lovely when it's the few months around their birthday and then have major behavior issues when it's their half-birthdays. (Does that make sense???) Lincoln totally fit that description...such a sweetheart at one, super naughty at one and a half. Sweetheart at two, super naughty at two and a half. So maybe Kalia being a little cranky is normal.

Love the clothes!

Emma said...

Love all the new clothes & BR is my most favorite place to shop!

And adorable pictures of your two little ones!

Anonymous said...

that is a bright yellow! Not my favorite...but you're still gorgeous! ;) And WHOO-HOOO! For having 3 sleeping beauties! I know you thought for 2 sec. about turning around and going back out! I would have!

Michelle said...

I have to totally laugh at Annaliese sleeping in your closet. Luke has been sleeping in our closet for months and we even have room for him elsewhere. But it's just easier that way. Sorry to hear about your car.

Natalie said...

LOVE the navy sweater - that's my favorite! Blasted van...it's like it's haunting you or something! I hope you are able to sell it soon! I know what you mean about sleeping by your babies - I love it! It's such a bad habit, but I can't help but snuggle with them. I may be asking you for advice once I'm ready to make the transition.

~Kreitzers said...

So fun shopping trip, I need to come SOUTH and soon! The navy sweater is my fav too and didn't you just have a baby a couple months ago.....you can't tell just so ya know!

Megan said...

I loved those 30% coupons. Sadly I used them on my kids at Old Navy and never had time to go back without them to find something for me. I love the first 2 shirts but I'm NOT a yellow wearing girl and I didn't love that bright yellow on you either. BUt it does fit your bright, bubbly personality. Sorry about the van. I hope you get to replace it with something good soon.

Heather & Greg said...

I really like all your shirts, how fun for you to go shopping for yourself! I'm sorry about the whole van situation. Londyn has been pretty whining, I'm thinking they are girls and it is their age, except Makynzi is still whining and DRAMATIC! And last HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Brad and Rachael Huntsman said...

Way cute clothes! New clothes are so much fun! I'm loving your dark hair, it looks good.