Monday, March 09, 2009

Blogging Woes...

Well, I love reading blogs. I love commenting on them, and I love getting comments. My sister-in-law just started reading my blog, (she's pregnant for the first time) and she said it reminded her of the saying, "It takes a village to raise a child"...but then she said, "more like a blog to raise a child." I thought that was clever. I really feel like blogging has enriched my life. However, I've really struggled to find time to do it lately- or at least to read other people's blogs, much less comment. I think I am going to try to limit myself to an hour a day. That should be more than enough to read, comment, and write the occasional post, right? If I don't limit myself, I know I'll spend way too long, and my cleaning schedule will go to pot. So that's a new goal. I've been setting some goals and I'm trying to change bad habits (I just spent that whole weekend cleaning up my bad habits and I'm traumatized. Not really. But motivated to change.)

I think I've turned over a new leaf...the days of total chaos and craziness are mostly over (for now.) Things have really started to calm down around here and I'm really grateful for it. So, that means I finally got my google reader down to zero, but now I have to tackle private blogs next.

I was part of a "group blog update" for private blogs- basically you just tell people that you've updated your private blog, and it shows up on google reader. A lot of you have done this, and I think it's a great idea. I thought I might as well just start my own update google reader thing, since I realize a lot of you don't know the other girls in that group, and wouldn't be able to read the other blogs...is this even making sense? No, oh well.

Either way, add this link to your google reader:
biglerfamilyupdates.blogspot.com
And then you won't have to check in on my blog randomly. Google reader will let you know.

I'll do a better post later...maybe I'll tell you about how our van has been stolen, and we don't know where it is, and didn't have comprehensive coverage on it, so kiss that money goodbye (I can't think about it, it makes me sick.) And then I'll tell you how Annaliese's sleep training is going. And how Kalia got a fever of 104 and threw up all night...our first time dealing with that. But for now my hour is up and laundry is waiting.

15 comments:

Julie said...

You have to be kidding!!!! I seriously can't believe your van was stolen! Did you just wake up one morning and it was gone? Ahhhh!

Sick kids are the worst. Ours have pretty much been stuck at home for the last week and a half. I am going stir crazy and they are pretty miserable too. Hope Kalia is feeling better and that Annaliese doesn't get it! And I hope Annaliese's sleep training is going better than Benson's.

I am still sitting here in shock about your van!

Krystal Trapnell said...

Good for you. I am trying to do the same, with setting limits on internet time. WE can do it! I'm so sorry to hear about the van. Maybe whoever took it will bring it back once they realize it isn't worth it!

Mel said...

Thanks for doing the google reader update thing...that will help me out!

I am so sorry about your van, and the sickness. I sure hope that the sleep training is going better than the other two.

Heather & Greg said...

I'm so sorry about your van, that is one of those situations were if we dont laugh we'll cry! I'm walking side by side with you on the sickness thing. Londyn has been runing a pretty high fever on and off for the past 2 days and she is still pretty congested. I hope Kalia feels better soon and I have to say I'm really envious of how good you are doing with cleaning. I wish I had the energy to do it!

Alisha Wilkins said...

I am amazed by women that have so much going on in their lives all at once and live to tell it....You are one of them!

That is so crazy about your van!

Ann said...

I love how you said "turning over a new leaf". Aaww, it reminds me of how we said that every day about eating better and losing weight!

Ann Mitchell said...

Hope you get your van back. It makes you feel violated! I was robbed in Boston 2 years ago, and it's awful! Glad to hear your baby is doing better!

Lindsay said...

Hey Heather, I know what you mean about limiting blog time...I've had to do that lately. I haven't been as good about keeping up on people's blogs and posting regulary, but I end up doing like 5 posts when I get around to it.

Anyway, Cory and I have been talking...how far apart are your girls? I don't know if you know but we are expecting our second and kind of freaking out about how close they will be. BUt then I remembered yours are really close, maybe you have some advice you can give me :) !

Becky Seymour said...

I am with you on that!! I need to get into that google reader thing, for sure. I am sorry about your van, that BLOWS! I have loved blogging, the crappy thing is I often feel that I can't be completely honest about some of my frustrations with life because I don't want everyone who reads it to see that side of me. (like everyone in my ward especially...) Does that make sense? But, i probably shouldn't be negative and ornery anyways, but I may start a private "venting" blog just for that....blah blah love you!

jaesi said...

Oh im a big fan of private google reader friendly blogs. gracias.

Stollen van? oh that deserves a swear word. damn.
Im sorry.

Heather B said...

:) Thanks Jaesi. Good news. It was recovered tonight in crappy condition. So I want to keep the swear word. Thanks.

Karen E said...

Hey, I talk to you at LEAST once a day, don't I? How did I miss the story of your VAN?? I just saw the last comment about it being recovered, I will have to call you tomorrow and find out the whole story!! Love to my little girls and my big girl and her hubby! Love, Mom (grandma Karen)

Lindsay said...

Thanks for the comment Heather! That helps A LOT to hear it first hand from someone that has been through it..and I can't complain...14 1/2 months would be like me having the baby right now! Crazy! But I am glad things are going better for you now and that you have figured out Annaliese's food allergies. Dixie had told me about how she would cry and cry, that would be SO hard. And doubley hard with Kalia being so young and relying on you so much still! Jeez I just might be calling you for advice! But yeah I'm glad for the tips, it's good to know that Luke will probably be clingy leading up to it. Isn't it crazy how kids have such a sense about things. I have worried a lot about Luke and how he will adjust. That is probably my biggest worry right now, that I will miss out on the rest of the time of him being a baby. But I figure there is plenty of love to go around and he will learn to deal with the changes...right? I can only imagine how those first few months will be...it was chaos and quite the adjustment for me with Luke, let alone two. But thanks again for what you said and if you think of anything else pass it my way!

p.s. I just read the part on your blog about how your van got stollen...what the heck! That is so sad. I'm so sorry. when you get time, you will have to post details on that one. I am very curious. I hope Kalia is feeling better. Take care!

ROB AND HOLLY said...

Sounds like you've had a ROUGH week! So sorry!! You've definitely got to post the details on the stolen van and its recovery...crazy!

Megan said...

I too am trying to limit my internet i.e. blogging and facebook time. Good luck with that. I still waste to much time but I'm working on that and getting my house in order! Sorry about the van. You should ask Rebecca about her crazy stolen car stories.