We had a simple Valentines Day this year-- I was so tired, I just wanted to pretend it was a normal day, but thanks to my mom (a big holiday buff) and Samuel for encouraging me to make it at least a little special. We just did Olive Garden take-out and Cold Stone too. I do have one rule for Valentines Day though-- NO FLOWERS. It's one of the only times of the year that the price of flowers/roses doubles or triples, and there's no way the bargain shopper in me can feel good about the money spent on them. I hate to feel ripped off like that. I told Samuel that he can and SHOULD give me flowers any other day of the year, I really do love them. But please don't waste that money on Valentines Day. I like love letters the most anyway. And chocolate, now that I can eat it again. And I got both this year.
Kalia got a balloon for Valentines Day. She loved it so much, she had to take it in the bath with her.

After awhile, the balloon stopped rising- something happened to the helium? Anybody know why this is? I'm sure there's a great scientific explanation. 5 minutes after the bath, it was back to normal.

Well, we are headed back to St. George today for ONE more doctors appointment with Dr. Kaddu, a pediatrician who is a GI specialist. I've heard some really great things about him. Annaliese is still doing pretty good, but she might have a little cold. Kalia has a really bad one. It's been so cold and rainy...I'm ready for some sunshine!!!
Well, sending my love to all my friends, Happy (belated) Valentines Day.
8 comments:
Hey Heather! Your girls are VERY cute and I am glad that little Annaliese is doing better! We've been into Dr. Kaddu many times and he is awesome! Thanks for the tip on the Alumimentum. We tried it a few months ago and it didn't help much. We've had her in for blood test after blood test..poor kid she is traumatized every time they need to take a vial. The numbers are still not where they should be. They've been looking into bone marrow problems, and liver problems. We thought it was an allergy, and are still trying to treat it as such. She is on a high dose of Prevacid for acid reflux, and it has helped some, but hasn't solved the problems. She is now 8 months old and we keep hoping she'll grow out of it. It is especially frustrating when Ben is gone for weeks at a time and we still are in between places and won't be settled until June. Anyway, sorry for the vent, life is going good and I am sure we are getting closer to the solution with Kimber. We've got her into Pediatric GI specialist, Dr. Kaddu too, who is working on the case. We don't have insurance either, but, it'll all work out somehow. Anyway, that's enough from me! I hope you are all doing well!
-Jill
I agree with you completely on "no flowers of Valentine's Day!" Although they are fun to get every other day...especially since everybody else isn't getting them on the same day!
I went to buy roses saturday at Costco for a Young Women fundraiser and couldnt believe how expensive they were. I agree no flowers....unless they are picked from a rose bush....
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Dr. Kaddu. Nathan's doctor is Dr Nygaard and we love him, but he now only works 2 days a week, so we often see Dr. Kaddu. So, with my next baby I think I'll be seeing Dr. Kaddu all the time!
They wouldn't let me go to Dr. kaddu, they said he was booked, so you are lucky! I sure hope things just keep getting better and better for you! It was so good to see you~ You look AMAZING! I don't know how you pull it all together!
We saw Dr. Kaddu today and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE HIM. I wish I could have him for a pediatrician forever. I only got to see him as a 'consultant' visit, since you're right Becky, he's not accepting new patients.
heather, thanks so much for the plumber/bathroom story. I had totally forgotten that and it made my day. It sounds like things have been kinda rough with your babe. I wish I had advice on what to give her to fix her altogether. Good thing you've done it, so when I have a kid like that, I'll know who to call!
Love you, Ann
I emailed heatheresplin@yahoo.com
that sleep sense book (Kristen Lotz gave it to me, so thank her)....let me know if you get it!
Post a Comment