As I write this, I am sitting in the rent office downstairs, "working." Samuel, Kalia, and Annaliese just drove away (and my heart sunk.) This was actually my idea, I am trying to remind myself. This was to give me a badly needed "break" from my current responsibilities.
I guess I am taking a vacation from being a mom and a wife. How often do you get to do that? Samuel is making the drive to Phoenix with the girls to go visit his parents. They are going to help him take care of them for the weekend while I....well...what am I going to do?
Actually, my schedule is packed. But I am REALLY excited to just ATTACK my apartment and clean it out and organize it from top to bottom. It's needed it for about the last 8 months. But since Samuel is gone, I have to work 9-5 in the office, trying to rent apartments and make phone calls, and I'm even going to go stand on the street with a sign that says "free rent." I am dreading this part, but it's part of what Samuel is doing right now, and we're basically swapping roles.
I'm nervous about being the Property Manager for the weekend. I'm also a little scared that (worst case scenerio) my whole little family will get in a car wreck...or that someone is going to break in on me while I'm alone, but whew, deep breath, I'm sure it's going to be okay. (And I have my little .22 in the drawer next to me, and I know how to use it. Don't be fooled though, I'm still new at shooting guns. But it makes me feel better to have it.)
So, I gave in to the temptation to blog (hey, this computer is right in front of me!) and now I'm going to make a list of everything I need to accomplish this weekend. Then I really do need to get to work. Yuck....I don't really like this kind of work. Oops. No more complaining!! Working on it! (Thank you everyone for the fantastic book suggestions...I am going to read all of the, I already have 3 books in the office with me now!)
1. Sleep 9 straight hours, three days in a row (YIPEE!! CAN'T WAIT!)
2. Fold and put away 12 loads of laundry (as of now....they are at least washed/dried)
3. Clean out both walk-in closets, organize and store all baby clothes (long project)
4. Go through all my clothes that I haven't worn and donate them
5. Clean, scrub, vacuum, etc. etc. every inch of this place.
6. Clean out and declutter all cupboards and drawers
7. Get a massage...if I have time (I got a gift card for Christmas)...I don't think I'll have time.
I'm worried I'm not going to have enough time to get it done- I also have to be in the office Saturday from 9-1. People are inviting me to do all these fun things and I'm afraid I'm going to have to turn them down because this precious "alone time" is going to go very fast.....
WISH ME LUCK!!
12 comments:
You are going to have the best work filled weekend ever! Seriously working when your husband and kids are gone is almost fun!? I guess it just takes commitment and throwing the batteries to the remote control out the window. I know you will get it done. Can't wait to hear all about it boss lady.
Enjoy it! That sounds wonderful. Especially the sleep...make sure you get the sleep.
This is what I did a few weekends ago. Brad took the kids to St. George, and even though I cried for the frist 5-10 minutes, and had all the same thoughts that you do - (car crash, break in...Brad set the shot gun next to the bed with the bullets next to it...) it really was a great weekend, and it really wasn't long enough. I focused on the things that I don't clean as often...my bedroom - it was a lot more fun than the same ol' kitchen, family room cleaning. There is definatly a difference in the quiet when your kids are sleeping, then when you know they are gone. It was almost eerie quiet. So I put my "friends" dvd's in while I was home. I actually set a timer, and worked for 20 minutes, then I would spend 20 minutes doing something that I wanted to do for myself. It worked out great! I got so much done. I wish I could say that it still looks that way around here, but the kids are back, and yeah - the house falls apart easy! Have a great weekend, they don't come that often. Good luck with your list, but remember that while the kids and husband are gone, take some much needed "ME TIME!"
Have a wonderful weekend! Sounds wonderful! :) Good luck with all your goals that you want to accomplish!!
Wow I am jealous. Just today I was thinking how amazing it would be just to have my house to myself for even 5 hours to clean! I'm a major WUSS though and I don't dare to leave Nathan anywhere yet. Is it easier with the second? I just need to do it.
Yes, Pam, for SURE it was easier for me with the second. I was not away from Kalia for a single night until after she was one! But it does help that Annaliese is bottlefed now.
You go Heather! I wish I was closer to come help....The baby clothes thing is always a project...too small, need to store, and the baby toys, I seriously need to do that project for sure! I am with Pam, I can't leave Berk with Sam for a night. He wanted to take her to Parowan with his family and give me a break, couldn't do it. So, glad to hear it gets easier.
good luck! I wish I had time this afternoon to come and help you! let me know if there is anything I can do for you. I know Im not really your VT anymore... but you are still my friend. And I am here to help whenever!!
So, what kind of music do you like to listen to when you clean? I like happy stuff, indie folk, and rousing opera, and conference talks if I'm alone and I can actually hear and concentrate. I definitely need something to help me keep the tempo and the time. I have very similar projects looming. Can't wait to hear how it went.
And you should prioritize that massage!
What a weekend!!! Enjoy!!!! Not the whole work part but the sleep and the cleaning. There is nothing like a freshly cleaned house! I LOVEIT!!! Oh and the sleep again! Have a good weekend!!!!!
Hope you were able to get to all the things you hoped to. Time alone is always great for rest and time to reflect. :) Hope it was a nice time for you.
Sleep! What an idea. You will be successful in every aspect of your weekend. I would really like to hear more about the little gun. Like how long have you had it? Did you take classes? Is it loaded? Can your girls get to it? I found a bebe gun in our new home that looked like a real pistol and I was too scared to pick it up. One more thing I learned about you that makes me appreciate you more.
Post a Comment