Sunday, October 19, 2008

Let the Dilating Begin

WOWEE! I am POKING out there!! You know me, I like to show you how it really is. (But that's only cause it's the final stretch...the first 25-30 weeks was all about tricking you into thinking I was small.) I'll save the big bare-bellied picture (in a sports bra again?) for the very end.

I saw the doctor on Friday. I am barely 36 weeks, but I was happy to hear that I am dilated to a 1 and 50% effaced. (It's always nice to hear of any action going on, you know?) I am scheduled to be induced on November 6th (that's 9 days before my due date) and I am pretty sure I'll make it that far. (Kalia was only 2 days before the due date.)

I LOVE my new doctor (I switched a month ago.) He is all the way across town but he is wonderful and has done 6 (out of 7) successful VBAC's this month. (Vaginal Birth After Caesarean.)

He's going to induce me using a cathether and a little balloon up into my cervix-- hope that's not TMI for any of you, but I guess this is a very effective, drug-free way to induce. We're just hoping and praying for the best.

Anyway, I have a long post to do about this pregnancy #2 (and how different it's been from my first) but let's save that for another day.

I just love this little girl, and can't wait for another one to love as well.

27 comments:

Marylin said...

Girl, you look HOT! Seriously you look AMAZING!! K so now that I am done moving and such we need to meet up again so I can give ya some money and to chat!! :)

jaesi said...

oh the spaghetti face...so darling.


I cant believe its already time! Yay!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay Heather! You are so lucky Kalia will eat off a plate. Logan just picks it up and dumps everything on the table.

Todd, Katie & Averi said...

I can't wait to see the new addition. Is Kalia getting excited to be a big sister? Did you two decide on new daughters name?

Kristen said...

That picture makes me pretty happy I'm not pregnant, haha. You still look beautiful though!

Jamey said...

I think that everytime you get pregnant, you kind of forget how big you really get. You look great...but I am dreading that point in my own pregnancy. But the best part of being that big...is that the end is in sight!

Tara and David said...

I might be morbid or something, but I can't wait till I can be pregnant and that big again. I love being pregnant! Plus, you get told you look beautiful all the time, who doesn't like to hear that! I hope that the VBAC is successful!

Live everyday to its fullest said...

You are always so incredibly cute pregnant Heather...I wish we all could look like that! And YIPPY on the dilation! I am soooooo happy you are trying the VBAC! My mother did it and all went well so...good LUCK! You'll do great! I cant wait to see your newest little angel! Girls are so fun...although I am totally LOVING having a little boy! Miss you guys~!

Nadine said...

oh...being induced before your due date is the best thing ever. for me anyways. smaller baby, easier delivery, shorter labor. i hope it goes as good for you. i'm sure it will.

Crystal said...

I thought you couldn't get induced if you have had a previous c-section?? Interesting. Maybe that just for the pitocin thing though.

The count-down is on!! Good luck with the VBAC!!

Morgan said...

Hey! I had that balloon put into me because I wasn't dilating with Gracey. It definitely got my labor going, big time. It was wonderful and did the job (as far as it could...it can only dilate you to about a 4cm) It was my body that wasn't cooperating and wouldn't dilate any further than that.

Good luck! I am excited that you are going for the VBAC!

Heather B said...

It's good to know that someone else has had it and had good results with it, thanks Morgan!

Crystal-- I know that every state/doctor is different with inductions, but I do believe you can have pitocin when you have a VBAC, but you can't have had an EMERGENCY one, because of the incision and scar tissue. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.) Also, some people think that the drug increases the chance of a uterine rupture, but only by a very small percentage, so it's one of those risks you calculate in I guess.

Traci said...

I am loving your cute belly!!!! It makes me miss being pregnant so much! I am anxious to hear about the vbac and hope everything goes well. It is such an awesome experience to be able to have a child vaginally. But any way they get here is a miracle!

ROB AND HOLLY said...

For some reason, only your pics show up on my computer, and not the posts - so I don't know what you wrote, but you look awesome, and Kalia is beautiful!

Rachel said...

Your little Kalia is beautiful...spaghetti face and all! I can't believe your so close to bringing another beauty into the world. Good luck with these last few weeks!

Emma said...

I can't wait to see another beautiful Bigler baby!

And I think November 6th sounds like a perfect for your little one to come because that is my birthday!! :)

Mandy said...

You look great. Good luck with the VBAC. They did the little balloon into cervix to me on my first and it broke my water like a champ.

Anonymous said...

Whoo-Hoo for dilation! You'll do great! And an extra7 days of NOT growing I bet will help even more! I had 2 more vaginal births after my C section...I bet you'll do swimmingly!? I'm so excited for you...and am feeling for you as well. I've been where you are and all I can say is that you'll just die how fast the light at the end of the tunnel will sneak up on ya! Just remember that when you'd rather let Kailya get the baby at 3am instead of you! ;) Love you a nd thinking of ya!

Jess said...

You look gorgeous! And Kalia is darling! I can't believe you are going to have another so soon! Very exciting!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

You are a hottie! I love Kalia's spaghetti face! I hope I can do a VBAC too. If this next baby is posterior too, then I won't even try I don't think. My Dr also said he will induce on my next between 38 and 39 weeks. I hope that will eliminate a lot of the complications we ended up having this time. Good luck. I can't wait to see your #2 little lady!

Julie said...

Oh, your belly is so cute! I don't know why I think everyone elses is so cute, but mine is just fat... oh well. Can't wait to see your new little angel! Kalia will be such a cute big sister!

Jill said...

I love me some pregnant belly! You look so cute. I'm so glad you like your doctor and believe you'll have a great vbac.

Kat Clark said...

Can't wait for the day!!! Great pics!

Tara Wayne Malakai Maddux Kenya Alofipo said...

hey do you remember they gave me a little pitocin when i had kenya. They said they could do some but not a lot because of the risk of rupturing, but they wanted to keep my contractions steady. I think that helped a lot.

Wendi and Eric said...

Oh I love your honesty. You look great by the way. And enjoy your new car!

Emily said...

Oh Heather! You look beautiful! Nicely said Jill. I hope you have a wonderful delivery. Enjoy every minute of your pregnancy.

Cam and Lohi said...

u look so good heather! i remember when we were pregnant together and i thought...still think that your belly isn't that big. i guess when i compare my own to others...i win hands down! can't believe your little will be here soon. i bet kalia is so excited.