Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Love, Lust and Infatuation

Well, with Valentines Day on the horizon, and with the inspiration of Krystal's brilliant blog, I too must share my history of love, lust and infatuation. I know that most of you will know at least one of these fine young men that I crushed on. I have some funny valentine's day stories too. Here we go:

Kindergarten: The first time a boy made my heart go wild. His name was Samuel, ironically, and he was repeating kindergarten. He sat across from me, and I thought he looked just like Luke Skywalker.

1st Grade: Scott Egan. Towheaded, and very smart. The only word I ever missed on a spelling test, he got right. (by the way, the word was "BEFORE". I left the 'e' off.)

2nd Grade: I had a 3 week crush on someone named Daniel, and he never smelled clean, so that fizzled away. Then I met the cutest boy of my elementary years, his name was Dennis Carter. (Heidi was in that same class...do you remember Dennis?)

3rd Grade: This is a little embarrassing. Jeff Watson. You Dixie High people might know him.

4th Grade: Jared Madsen moved in that year. I was soooooooo whooped over him. Mrs. Jones asked me to take him to the library on his first day, to pick out a book. I knew we were meant to be together forever. He chose a book on outer space.

5th Grade: Rod Stuart. One day he helped me get one of my "magnetic earrings" unstuck from the metal desk. We sat by each other a lot.

6th Grade: I don't remember having a crush this year. I was the biggest nerd ever. Big bangs and glasses, and some mean boy even called me flat-chested. Yes, it was so true.

7th Grade: Huge crush on Jason Madsen, older brother to Jared Madsen. FUNNY VALENTINE STORY: Every day after we got off the bus, I'd watch Jason go to his locker (he was a 9th grader) and I would watch him open his locker. After about a week I had figured out his locker combination. On Valentine's Day I bought him a Snickers from the vending machine, and a tiny boy of choclates, and I broke into his locker and left them there with an anonymous note!! I purposely spelled his name wrong ("j-a-s-e-n") so he would NEVER guess it was me, because OBVIOUSLY I would know how to spell his name! Hahaha!

8th Grade: My first kiss, my first boyfriend, Jared Sorensen. I gave him a balloon and a pair of boxers with lips on them for V-Day. That relationship was a "secret" from my mom (she still found out) and it only lasted 2 weeks, because the whole time I liked his friend, Sherwood Jolley.

9th Grade: Jake Johnston. He and Jeanette Fry were kind of an item, and I pined away for Jake...we were such "good friends." One day I gave in and wrote him a long note (remember the days of note writing?) and confessed everything. He broke up with Jeanette (ON VALENTINES DAY!) to be with me. Ouch. Don't worry, though. She stole Wyatt Garrett away from me the next year, and they are now married.

10th Grade: Wyatt Garrett for a week or two, then the love of my high school life: Barry Tolli., quarterback of the football team. My parents wouldn't let me date him because he wasn't a member of the church. That just made me want him more. I think this was the first time I actually started to fall in love. We had a few wonderful months together, and then he moved to California and I about died without him. All without ever going on a "date."

11th Grade: Short crushes on Sherwood Jolley (again), Richard Ure and Steve Holm, but in reality, I was still so broken hearted over losing Barry that I didn't really want anyone else.

12th Grade: Jason Ellsworth. He was such an untouchable, unkissable crush. That chase was also fun while it lasted.

So there you have it, my friends, my loves, lusts, and infatuations. I love that in the end I ended up with the most perfect man for me in the world, and he deserves his own post again, soon. Happy Day O' Love to all my lovely Bloggers.

13 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh Heather I loved that post. I didn't want it to end though. Those first 12 years probably shy in what comes afterwards. It's so funny, I totally remember Dennis and most of the other boys you disclosed. What a great memory you have.

Anonymous said...

Heather, that's too funny. We had crushes on some of the same boys in middle school and high school.

Nadine said...

i am going to copy...that is too fun. i know most of your crushes too. i never knew that about jake and wyatt though. hilarious. you little boyfriend stealers. haha.

jaesi said...

oh I love it, I love it all!
silly girls love those smelly boys!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Hahaha :) Too funny! Crushes are so fun! Those Madsen boys do have something to them! haha :)

Emma said...

Wow Heather, that was an impressive list! I remember those days when you were chasing Jason Ellsworth, & every other boy out there!

And ps- I love the new song, it's my most favorite love song EVER!

Traci said...

Love it! That is such a cute blog. I just might have to do that too! You were quite the love machine!

~Kreitzers said...

WAIT WAIT WAIT you left off half the list! :)

Crystal said...

Fabulous post!! I too loved Steve Holm. There was something about the way he walked...

Heather B said...

Yes, Steve should have won Best Walk in high school, he had a GREAT walk!

Angie...HAHAHA. (she's my roommate from my freshman year in college.)

Krystal Trapnell said...

That was fun. I think you should continue, too. I remember all the drama. I think you have to put Travis in there somewhere, and how you stole him a few times.

The Isoms said...

That's a great post! It is funny to think back of all the loves and lusts!

Jess said...

Wow! How do you remember all that???