Thursday, June 07, 2007

I couldn't resist

Have you ever caught yourself thinking? I know that's a funny question, cause I know we're pretty much always thinking, if we're not talking...but today I caught myself having a funny self-conversation, which led to an important self-discovery...



I was walking home from work to have lunch, it's only about a 4 minute walk, and I had just been looking at blogs, and I saw the new baby girl that Jessica Thomas had, and I was thinking how darling the baby was, and how she has SO much hair! Then I thought about how she was born just the perfect size, not too big, not too small, which immediately led to me thinking about how big my baby is going to be, I'm pretty sure she's going to be a little bigger (they keep telling me that at my ultrasounds), so yes, that worries me a tad, that she'll be too big to squeeze out, then I think, it's because I eat so much! Then I tell myself, I don't eat THAT much, it seems like I eat about the same as before I was pregnant, with a few extra allowances here and there, (like cinnamelts), then I realized, I eat pizza from Papa Johns...just about once a week.


As SOON as the word "pizza" entered my mind, my mouth watered, and I knew I had to have it for lunch. I mean, HAD to have it. I couldn't stop thinking about it. That's when I realized I was having so many RANDOM thoughts, I had to laugh at myself, but I did think it was interesting how my thoughts had led me to pizza. I think FOOD is like, the center of my universe, everything leads back to it. Then I realized I think about food a lot, I guess that's how cravings work, as if there was a science behind it.


So, I couldn't resist, I had to put up one more ultrasound picture, this is a good shot of Baby Bigler...looking incredibly bored (can't blame her, can ya?) We just thought it was cute how she seemed to rest her head in her hand. Well, there's another post about nothing.

16 comments:

Mel said...

That is the cutest! She does look like your thoughts are boring her...and yet all she is thinking is..."yes mom, act on that thought and get me some pizza!"

What you eat doesn't make a big baby, it's just how they come. The bigger they are, the less breakable they seem.

They are hard to push out no matter the size...just make sure to take the epidural.

jaesi said...

your silly!

jaesi said...

and..... everytime I look at the cartoon picture of you in the corner I laugh. You have such taste!

Heather B said...

Thanks Mel, that does make me feel a bit better!!

And thank you Jaesi, I don't usually dress up so nice to go to the library, but I was just in the mood today. :)

Emma said...

Yep, it's true about what you eat. I hardly kept a thing down and Andrina was a healthy 7lbs 8oz, so don't worry about the things you can't control.

So I was having this same thought yesterday about food. Right now I am trying to be super good because I am running a lot and I have a 5K on Saturday. All I could think about yesterday was all the yummy foods and how I couldn't have any during this serious craving I was having. I felt a little cheated because when I was prego I couldn't eat any of my cravings...the only time I could have an excuse to eat to my delight... anyways, this all made me think of you and your pregnant self!
Then End

Crystal said...

I must have eaten A LOT to get myself a 10+ pounder. Sadly, I could have eaten nothing and still had a gigantic baby.

I agree with Mel, the bigger they are, the less breakable they seem.

Alyson said...

i find myself thinking about my random thoughts too. i always find it amazing that thinking about one thing leads to another that is totally irrelevant. our brains are truly amazing and have such a crazy storage system!

love the pic! do you have names picked out?

Tara Wayne Malakai Maddux Kenya Alofipo said...

that is a cute picture of her "thinking"!! its so fun to get ultrasound pics.......so whats the middle name gonna be...Tara what?? hahahahha

Tara Wayne Malakai Maddux Kenya Alofipo said...

ps I was gonna ask you the same question about amy davis' blog....i cant read it either maybe she has myspace. i will try to comment her on that

Kristen said...

I think pregnancy totally increases the amount of random thoughts that go through our heads!! I love your random blog though, it's perfect!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

I loved that post. So funny! I love food and think about it all the time and I'm not pregnant. I'm think I'll be in trouble when I am prego!

Kristen said...

Oh, I saw your comment on Taras blog and her comment on yours about Amy Davis' blogI can read Amy's blog, so I will post a comment telling her to add you! I don't know Tara's email though?

Find The Time Mama said...

Heather,

What is your email address? Email me at: alisha.nischan@gmail.com

Talk to you soon :)

HeatherB said...

Mel is totally right about the size thing. I gained the same with both Grace and David, but David came out 2lbs larger than Grace.
We are excited to hear about your trip!

Nadine said...

papa johns was my downfall too. i would see a commercial on tv and immediately call for delivery. for some reason that was all i ever wanted. don't worry brener was 7 lbs 7 oz. even with all the junk food.

Heather B said...

Thanks everyone, I feel so much better!! And I just saw a commercial for Pizza Huts "new york style" pizza, a huge xl for $9.99 and you can bet I'm ordering it right now.
:)