My little brother, Eric, left the MTC this morning, and called us at 7:30 a.m. Well, actually, he called home at 7:30 (Utah) time. Cell phones are so great. He called my mom's phone, who put my dad on 3-way, who called Tara, who called Kimmy's phone, who called my phone, I called Jonny's phone, he called Krystal in Florida, who called my cousin Monique in Orem. I didn't count up everyone, but it was so cool to have our whole entire family on the phone while Eric told us goodbye (again) from the SLC airport. (Sidenote: 7:30 a.m. is 3:30 a.m. in Hawaii, but hey, we won't talk to him again until Christmas!) He is doing great, and is already in San Diego as I write this. We had him speak some Spanish to us, and we were way impressed, especially me and Samuel, who were the only ones who understood what he was saying, but it's incredible that missionaries can learn that much in 9 weeks. I'd forgotten. The gift of tongues is amazing.
In other news, I'm home sick for the second day in a row, if you didn't guess from my cartoon avatar there on the right. I got a blessing Sunday night, so I know I'm on the mend...but it's a sinus infection, and they don't go away as fast as I wish they would. Oh well. I am grateful for the extra sleep, even though I feel kinda guilty at the $$$ I'm not earning. I get paid by the hour, so I just don't get paid for days I'm not there. We're really trying to save up for when I quit. Anyway, I'm glad I have your blogs to help me get through the boring days.
13 comments:
Oh dear! I hope that you can kick this thing soon. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. Does this mean I won't be seeing you tomorrow night? Also, I tagged you in one of my posts, so if you need something to do to kill time...
oh man, that was a bit confusing but I figured it out. whew!
sorry youre sick. feel better.
Poor Heather! Mine didn't turn into a sinus infection (well cross your fingers it doesn't). I just have a little congestion left. I'm glad your little brother is doing so well! Hope you feel better!
Sorry about being sick! We all are! I've been sick the last week, too. Not non-funtionally though. I hope you get well soon.
That's neat you all got to talk to your brother. I have so much respect and admiration for the missionaries. Your family must be so proud! :)
Thanks everybody, I hope it doesn't drag on too long either! I hate feeling like crap.
Mel, I'll see how tomorrow goes and let you know. Maybe I'll be feeling better after another night's sleep. I'll get on that tag thing asap.
Sorry your sick! When I first read your post I thought you were homesick, not home sick...do you see the distinction? I thought it was nice that you got a blessing for being homesick! :)
PS this is in reply to asking how to stretch your budget post baby:
We just totally stuck to a budget. I think it was easier after a baby bc you stay home more (no more movies, dates, etc...at least for awhile...at least for us.) A big thing for us was eating out. While we were both working, I'd be too tired most nights to make supper so we ate out a lot. After I quit working I could make more food so we saved a lot of money that way. Also, don't feel like you need to buy the most expensive diapers--especially at the beginning. You change them like 10 times a day so they aren't wearing a diaper very long anyway. Just try several different types & see what works for your baby. (Babies are shaped differently, just like adults.) During our super tight days we discovered all the library had to offer...we would check out movies instead of rent them (our libs here have like every movie imaginable so it's just as good as Hollywood). I would take any hand-me-downs that were offered...clothes, toys, etc. We didn't buy any clothes for Lincoln until he hit 18 month old clothes...granted, his clothes weren't awesomely cute all the time, but I had a few cute outfits that I'd take him out in & while we were home I didn't care...as long as they were clean! :) I'll keep thinking & let you know if I come up with anything else.
Thanks Crystal. Those are some awesome suggestions, please do add on if you think of more! (I am going to miss eating out too, but those days will come again!)
Was Samuel in on the phone call too? I didn't realize that he was there. It sure was fun, and who would expect anything less than finishing it with a prayer? Only the Esplins, that's for sure.
Have you guys thought about "encouraging" your baby to be bilingual? I've heard the best way to do that is have one parent only speak English to the baby and one only speak Spanish. It would be easier for you guys to do it since you both speak Spanish and you'd be able to understand what they're saying to each other. Just curious...
Oh honey, sinus infections really bite when prego! I had one when I was prego and that was the only time I had to call in sick. The constant mucus flowing into your already upset tummy is awful! I feel your pain.
I suggest to sleep as much as possible and have a good foot rub.. at least that will make your feet feel better!
Soo sorry Heather! Being sick isn't fun...but when you add being Pregnant AND being sick you've got two strikes for sure! Hope you feel better soon! AND fun to talk to your brother! Whenever I talk to missionaries it gives me a pit in my stomache and brings back all of those "going into the missionfield" memories... GOOD TIMES!!!
hope you get feeling better. missionary phone calls are the best! and you got the cutest things at your shower. i can't wait for a girl someday so i can dress her so cute. fun!
Can't believe Eric is old enough to be a missionary. Jed is just about to leave the MTC. Do you remember Jed?
I've loved the mascara. I need a little thickening agent in it however. I must not have as full of eyelashes of you. It does make my eyelashes extremely long. Good find Heath. Love you blog. Read it everyday
Post a Comment