I just wanted to share my favorite websites, some of them you'll obviously be familiar with, others, who knows? Let me know what other great sites I'm missing out on, kay?
http://www.google.com
Obviously this isn't a new one, I just have to say that I use it at least 5 times a day. My brain keeps coming up with so many random questions, and without fail, I can find the answers on google.
http://www.craigslist.com
If you guys have never heard of it, it's okay. I didn't hear about it til I moved to a big city (Honolulu). It's a free site where you can post ads, buy, sell, look for jobs, housing, etc. I am in LOVE with this site, here in Hawaii people are constantly buying and selling things, because they move and it's too expensive to ship things. I have bought and sold cars, baby clothes for my sister, desks, entertainment centers, chairs, beds, (pretty much our whole apartment was furnished through craigslist.) And lately, I'm going crazy looking for baby deals...I got an electric breast pump for $10! Yeah! So check out craigslist, especially if you live in a big city. If you don't, click on the city closest to you, see what's out there.
http://www.makeupalley.com
For you cosmetic junkies out there, you'll love this site. The first thing that drew me to it was there are thousands if not millions of reviews on every product on the market, from make-up to hair products to beauty tools to perfumes and lotions. Then, they have a "swap" option where people post everything they want to get rid of, and you make deals with other people to trade for stuff they don't want. You can get a lot of brand new stuff too, and save money! LOVE IT! (Watch out, don't get swaplifted! That's when someone asks you to send first, then never sends their item...it's happened to me once. Just check their feedback!)
http://www.pregnancyweekly.com
There's hundreds of pregnancy websites out there, I just love knowing how big my baby is each week, and learning about what's going ON in there! This week it told me I'm 37.5% there, my baby is about 4 inches long and has all it's little organs. And fingernails and toenails. Cute!
http://www.kraftfoods.com
Not only does it have recipes, it gives you ideas of dinner for a week and lets you print out a shopping list showing you what you need, and to help so food doesn't go bad before you use it. Thanks, Mel, for this one.
http://www.mypyramidtracker.gov
Lately I've been more concerned about what I eat- this website lets you enter in everything you eat in a day, then analyzes it: It'll tell you how you did on eating your servings from the "pyramid" and also if you got too much sodium, fat, calories, etc, for your body type. I'm having fun with it, and it's motivating me to eat more fruit and veggies. But it's hard to use if you eat out. For obvious reasons.
http://www.bigpepetravel.com
Actually, this is a new one for me, but a convert of mine gets commission when people book through this website, so I'm spreading the word! I've found that it has some even better deals than travelocity/expedia/orbitz, etc. So check it out!
My favorite websites, though, are YOUR BLOGS!!! I love love love reading them. Keep up the good work.
8 comments:
What is Krystal's blog website?
It's
floridabuckeyes.wordpress.com
(I think you have to open a wordpress account, and then she has to add you to her list.)
Thanks so much! How are things going in Hawaii for you? It would be good to see you if you get a chance. I know you have lots of friends and family, but if you get into O.G. stop by the bar and say hello.
Heather, sorry I can't find her. That link isn't working for me. If you talk with her will you ask her drop a line on my page so I can pull her up by her link?
Thanks so much.
your picture makes me want to be in hawaii. :)
Well, Aly, the invitation stands! We have a hide-a-bed for all your cheap getaway needs!
That fonts site is fun! I'll have to use it
I love these sites. What a great idea to share them. Thanks!!
Post a Comment