Today I would like to write down four answers to prayers that I have received in the last week, because they testify to me that my Heavenly Father hears me and loves me and will help me, even if it's the smallest, most unimportant thing in the world.
#1 He sent us the most amazing, perfect people to buy our blasted truck. It was a family with one brother being a diesel mechanic and the other, a regular mechanic. We made $800 on the transaction, and they knew they had gotten a screaming deal, even with the remaining problems. I can't express how relieved I feel to have it gone. I almost feel like $800 wasn't worth the emotional turmoil I (we) went through (if I had a choice to do it again) but He knew, all along, that these guys were going to come buy it. I wish I could have had that insight. All is well. I'm so thankful it's gone.
#2 A small snake got in our house and was hiding from us for a few days. It was really making me feel worried about where it was, if it would scare my kids, or if it was dangerous. I prayed that the Lord would direct the snake outside ASAP. About 2 days later, he came out of hiding (he was up on my in-laws desk!) and we were able to call a neighbor boy over who is a snake expert, and he caught it and took it home. Another huge stress, instantly removed from my life.
****** These two experience were so small and insignificant, and yet SO OBVIOUSLY an immediate answer to prayers, I was stunned and humbled to have them happen just two days apart.
#3 I was making homemade coconut milk in a Magic Bullet blender. My sister in law had borrowed the Vitamix and left her bullet blender in it's place, and I was not familiar with it. I had made one batch and was working on the second, and I screwed the lid (base) on really tight. Much tighter than I even realized, because when it was time to take it off, I could NOT unscrew it. I tried unsuccessfully at least 10 times. I tried using cloths and paper towels and everything possible to create some friction. I used every bit of strength I had. I was home alone and SO INCREDIBLY frustrated that something so stupid was getting the best of me. Finally, not knowing what else to do, I said a little prayer and asked for help to get it open. And then I tried again to open it. And to my utter surprise, that thing opened up as EASY as can be. I seriously just stared at it for a minute afterwards, I could not believe it. I mean, I COULD, but it still stunned me. And I think I even cried for a second at this revelation that I, without a doubt, had been heard and assisted from the other side.
#4 I lost my phone one day, somewhere in the house. I didn't have anyone around to call or text me, in order to make the phone make some noise and reveal itself. So I got online to use iCloud, and used the "Find My Iphone" feature. It has an option to make some noise to help find it. So I was able to narrow down that the phone was in my room somewhere. The iCloud would ping for about two minutes, and I would run to my room, and I could hear it, but for some reason I could NOT find it! It sounded like it had fallen behind the bed, or under the bed, or down a drawer- it was a tiny bit muffled. But when I'd try to get closer to the sound with my ear, it would trick me and not be where I thought it was. I was so baffled! I kept running back to the computer to set the ping off again, and after 10 minutes of this, and having torn my room apart, I was incredibly frustrated. So this time I got down on my knees, and acknowledging that this was a lame, not-important request (and yet it was one that was really driving me insane, trying to figure it out), I asked if He could please take a moment in His busy eternal round to let me know why that phone was eluding me and why I wasn't able to find it. I said "Amen", stood up, and INSTANTLY this clarity came to my mind. "It's outside." I had been out there earlier in the day with Ella and Aria. And sure enough, I walked to the backyard and right outside my window is an air hockey table, covered in a blanket, and on top of that was my phone. It was just inches away from my window, and that's why I hadn't been able to pinpoint the sound. My blinds were closed as well, so I couldn't see it either. But it was amazing to me to have such an immediate answer. There absolutely was no other explanation for the way all my thoughts cleared and were replaced with the solution. IT WAS AWESOME!
2 comments:
I love that you recognize these experiences and I do believe that because of your "suffering" you are that much closer to the spirit and indeed able to communicate so effectively with your creator. It is amazing how it does work.
I'm glad to hear about your truck!! Thank goodness!!!
Ok I absolutely love your blog posts. I can't even tell you. And I relate to you so much! I am almost sad that I haven't journaled the same way on my blog. I guess it's because I have more public viewers on mine but I literally hide my trials because I am embarrassed and ashamed of them. Reading yours, I see no way you should be embarrassed or ashamed at all. I understand all your feelings of discouragement and sadness. I feel it everyday living the nightmares that are caused my the trials. I have had some people really embarrass me and make me feel like a fool in the past and I don't want to embarrass myself anymore. You are encouraging me to be stronger and wear my trials. I know there is a huge thing to gain from it all and others will not get that chance to grow like we are growing through it all. Thank you Heather! I just love you and feel so blessed to know you. I really hope you stay close when you guys decide to move on.
Post a Comment