Friday, September 14, 2012

How bout a lil piece of news...

Well, I think that the hype of blogging is slipping away. I think we've known that for sometime, as we've mourned the days when we'd get 18 comments on a post. Now we blog more for ourselves, which really is probably even more important.

However, for those few readers I have left, I thought I'd share in our fun news. I don't usually announce this early, but I NEED ADVICE!!

Yay! I'm pregnant!! We prayed long and hard about whether to take this on right now, but in the end we felt like someone was missing and that everything would work out.

I am 8 weeks along, as of Sunday Sept. 16th.  I started feeling nauseated at FIVE WEEKS. FIVE WEEKS!!! Not fair! That is the earliest I have ever felt sick. Some well-meaning person said, "That means you'll be over it sooner!" And I almost laugh/slapped her because YEAH RIGHT. What it means is that I get two extra weeks of misery.

Now I am doing everything in my power to not throw up, because once I throw up, I won't be able to stop. Last pregnancy with Ella, it lasted until 14 weeks. So lets just PRAY it doesn't go past then.

The last 3 weeks since I got the positive test have been three of the LONGEST weeks I can remember. I feel like I NEVER want to do this again, although I know it will pass. This all-day nausea SUCKS.

For those kind souls who want to tell me that I am sicker because I am having a boy, I don't think we can say that at all. I had 6 weeks of sickness with Kalia, 3 weeks (only 3???) with Annie, 8 weeks with Ella, and now probably 10 with this one. Chances are, it's another girl, and comments about it being a boy kind of make me feel bad already, because it's probably not, and we are just fine with that, so everyone else should be too.

Now, if you have ANY advice of ANY KIND on what helped you not throw up as much, or what helped your nausea lessen, I am willing to try anything. So far, this is what is helping me:
1.  Unisom and B6 all throughout the day
2. A priesthood blessing
3.  Ginger tea
4. Soda
5. White bread/toast
6. A full stomach- hard to achieve because I REALLY REALLY DON'T WANT TO EAT.
7. Not drinking when I eat (hard for me, and now I'm a bit dehydrated.)
8. Laying down/not moving around (you should see how my poor house reflects this)
9. Seabands (motion sickness bands on the wrist)
10.  Taking my prenatal at night

Thanks to those 10 things, my all-day nausea is still under control. It is making my life MISERABLE, but I am not puking yet. I'm absolutely dreading the puking that I know is coming.

The thought of any meat or dairy just sickens me. But some people have recommended protein shakes. I don't know if I could swallow it, but I'm trying to get down greek yogurt.

I have a prescription for phenegran which I will fill if I can't keep food down...but Zofran is not an option for me, my insurance won't pay for it, so that's one suggestion I can't take, unless you want to mail me your leftover pills. :)  Anyway, that's our good news, my due date is April 28th. I got to see the baby and hear the heartbeat last week, and it just warmed my heart so much.

Now give me your advice!!!!  PLEEEEEEAAAASSSSE! K thanks.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you. I still read your blog even though I am bad and never comment. My goal is to work on that. But I think that is a lot of why I hardly ever blog. Guess I need to work on that too. I don't have any advice for you other than what you are already doing, but I will add you to my prayers. Congratulations again!

Jess said...

Congrats Heather! That stinks that you are so sick already! Honestly the only thing that worked for me was zofran, but I had the generic brand...you should look into that it's probably a lot cheaper and might be worth it to pay out of pocket for it. I also liked to suck on sour candies all. day. long.

A lady in my ward was telling me about how she grows her own probiotics and how it helps with her morning sickness. She drinks it once a day and says it makes a huge difference. You can google kefir and find out more. Good luck with everything!

Emily Blais said...

my advice? Get your hands on some zofran. A HUGE congrats though! YAY!

Krystal Trapnell said...

All those things will help a little. I second the hard candy, that always seemed to help a little when I felt the urge to throw up. My favorite were the big lemonheads you can find around Halloween (good timing!).

I wish I had something that worked better, though. I absolutely loathe that first trimester. It's awful!!

Mel said...

Congratulations!!! I wish I had advice on the morning sickness thing, but I don't. Hang in there!!!

Jamey said...

Congrats!!! My advice is to not worry about what happens to your house, and just try to enjoy this time with your girls, and get some rest. Sometimes the only food that I could eat was brown sugar pop-tarts. It was the only food that didn't make me feel like puking. Good luck these next few weeks!

Mrs. J said...

Yay!! So happy for you!
Here is what I did:
I ate soft pretzels and sipped on Ginger ale..all day. Seriously. Only things I could get down me.
I didnt brush my teeth well for about 3 months (my husband got so sick of hearing me dry heave that he told me to just stop). I sometimes just swished scope and that is it.
I didnt move from the couch for weeks. The NickJr was on all day, and I forgave myself for being a horrible mom. I told myself they would forget all of this one day.
I made sure there was food at the kids eye level in the fridge so they could feed themselves. Cheese sticks, apples, peaches, grapes, yogurts, yogurt drinks, lunch meat, etc. All in the bottom selves.
If I think of anything else, I'll text you.
Oh man, you are making all those supressed memories I had of those horrible weeks come back to the surface. Do I really want to do this again too! :/

ChrissyLee said...

I too still read your blog- i'm so bad at commenting on all of them.

so congrats!!! that's exciting. i had to laugh when i saw how far along you were, then again when you said when you're due date was. i'm totally pregnant too (haven't announced it yet) but i'm due the EXACT same day as you. awesome. and I'm SOOOOO SICK! so thanks for doing this post because it's helped me to figure out what to do with my morning/ALL DAY sickness. hope you get feeling better. :)

Tara and David said...

Congrats!!!
I couldn't take Unisom and B6... I was up all night.
I never tried zofran (for the same reason as you), but I have heard that it works wonders. What I did most was eat, even though I didn't want to, it helped. Exercise, again didn't want to, but once I did I felt better. I also liked Extra Green gum. And sucking on candy helped.
Good luck!

Jonny and Brittany said...

I feel for ya girl because feeling nauseated all the time is THE WORST! I had it SO SO bad! I think all of your suggestions are fantastic and unfortunately zofran was the only thing that helped me and I have none left :( Gingerale helped me a little. Maybe it was the carbonation- but it felt like it eased a bit. Ugh- all you can do is snack throughout the day (if possible) Call me if you need anything- I'm SUPER close!!!

Annalisa said...

Congrats Heather. Wow!!! All I can say is that I was so sick for the first four months. I literally went to work with a cereal box of peanut butter puffins and ate those throughout the day. Rice, anything bland and dry worked a little bit for me. I never tried Zofran, but if I had left over pills I would have sent them to you:)

Hang in there.

Party!!!

Julie said...

Congratulations Heather! Sorry you are feeling so miserable and I wish I knew of something to magically make your morning sickness go away. I love that you are totally happy with the idea of possibly having another girl. You have a great attitude and a beautiful family. Congrats to be adding to it!

Ann Mitchell said...

Sorry...no advice...since I've never been pregnant! But...congratulations on your little one! I'll put your name in the temple when I go to work tomorrow!

The Isoms said...

Congrats!! Number 4 was my hardest too. I ended up taking Zofran, I will check to see if I have any extra.
At Motherhood they have some hard candies that are supposed to help with morning...rather all day sickness, but I found lifesavers worked just as good. Saltine crackers, preztels. Laying down and having the TV be the babysitter for awhile is ok.
I actually lost 5 lbs before gaining any which I has never happened in the past.
I hope you can find some relief. good luck!!

Andrea said...

Congratulations Heather! I'm so excited for you! I don't know how you do it being so sick with three little ones at home. I feel for you! And there is nothing wrong with having another girl! I felt the same way when I had my ultrasound and found out it was another girl...people were just kind of funny about it and felt sorry for us. I thought it was great! I love my girls, and I love knowing that girls always stay close to their mom! :)

Michelle said...

Congrats. My 4th pregnancy was my worst one, the only pregnancy in which I was puking. So...everyone was sure it was a girl. And it wasn't. I'm already assuming you'll have 4 girls just like I have 4 boys.

I used Zofran with #4 because I was puking but would never use it if I weren't. But with all my pregnancies I had pretty bad morning sickness without the puking. Here's what I did. I hate hourly, whatever it was that I could eat. I ate a lot of bread, salty things and veggies (the things I craved). Just a little each hour but it always helped. I lounged on the couch or in bed and my kids watched TV all day. My house was a mess and the dishes never got done! I know it's not cheap but I kept my house very cool. The hotter I was, the more I felt sick. So the extra expense of running the A/C really helped a ton too.

You'll get through it even though each day feels like it's lasting a year! I know its horrible and hopefully it won't last past your 1st trimester.

Congratulations again!

Nessa said...

BENADRYL!!! I'm not kidding. My mother in llaw is a nurse at Mayo Clinic and they give it to Chemo patients who are nauseated. The other thing that you can ask your Dr. for is a perscription called Zofram...works like a charm. Otherwise, I hate to tell you that the only thing that cured my morning sickness with some of my pregnancies was DELIVERY! Congrats, and as usual Eric says to tell Samuel WAY TO GO! :)

Tiffini said...

Congrats, so exciting! With both my pregnancies I was as sick as you're describing for 22, and 24 weeks ugh! I tried just about EVERYTHING. Phenegran was about the only thing that saved me. Every person is different and different things work for them. I wish I could help you more!! Congrats again, and I hope this soon passes for you!!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

YEY! Congrats! Ginger Oil works wonders! I've had a lot of friends that have great success with it!

Brooke Bennett said...

Congrats! I'm due April 3rd with my 5th and I've been super sick too. I actually do have some extra zofran that I could probably send you....some from my last pregnancy and some from this. I expect to be feeling better within the next 3 weeks. Send me your address.... bw0623@hotmail.com This is my last pregnancy so I won't need anymore zofran!!!

Shantal and Alofaaga Laulu said...

Ok, I am way behind on my blog reading, but can I tell you how THRILLED I am for you!! I was looking at the pics of your sweet girls the other day and thought to myself how BEAUTIFUL your babies are!! I think you should have LOTS and LOTS!! I love you and hope your sickness goes away SOON!!

Mik'L said...

We really are one day apart! Congrats! I have been super nauseous too. All day. But I was like that with Myler. I never threw up with him and haven't yet with this one. I am actually on a generic of Zofran and while I'm sure it does help, I'm still pretty nauseous and miserable most of the time. It makes you constipated too, so that's nice. I have heard scary things about ginger so I would like to know more about it being okay. I heard you should drink lots of water but I can't do it. I'm always super full (unless I'm starving). Anyway, good luck! You have more experience with this than me!

Emma said...

I knew you were pregnant but I didn't know you were so sick, I am so sorry! I feel your nauseated pain, sista! Are you still sick? I have some suggestions if you are still having some issues.

And, CONGRATS! 4 beautiful girls... I can't imagine you with out a following of beautiful little girls behind you. ;)