Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Easter

Easter was fun and low-key this year. Our ward put on a breakfast and easter egg hunt for all the primary kids on Saturday morning, and the Easter Bunny came to our house and left their baskets on Saturday morning as well. So we got to do all that non-religious stuff on Saturday, and focus on the Resurrection on Sunday. I kind of like that and hope to keep that up every year. These pictures are out of order (Sunday first) but I'm having trouble moving them, so out of order it is. Here's our Sunday pictures. I really did not mean to dress all of us in purple. Everyone chose their own outfit, and we happened to match. Funny.

Samuel and I sang the most gorgeous arrangement of I Know That My Redeemer Lives in Sacrament meeting, it's the one from EFY 2000. It really made Easter special to focus on the words to that hymn. When I was practicing it alone, I seriously kept having to stop because the words were hitting me so hard, and I was crying. I'm so grateful for the knowledge we have that we will all be resurrected someday, and we can be with those we've lost forever.


Saturday Pics:






Can you believe we have never dyed eggs? We aren't intentionally leaving it out, it's just that we haven't had our own easter egg hunt, we just keep going to these public events. Maybe next year.

On another note, I am so glad that all the candy/junk food holidays are over. Now I can keep the candy out of my house, and therefore, out of my belly.

1 comment:

Emma said...

My word, your little family is gorgeous! You look so very happy!