We have spent the last 5 days in St. George, and we're having a blast. I got to go to Time Out For Women with my mom and sisters, and it was wonderful. I have really been feeling like I've been in a scripture study rut for awhile now. I am reading a little each day but I'm not getting anything out of it. I need a new routine or study guide or SOMETHING. Any ideas?
8 comments:
Sorry. No ideas. I actually feel like I'm in the same rut you are, so when you find a great solution, let me know.
I did home study seminary so I still have all my old books & I often turn to them when I am reading something I am not familiar with to help me get through it with more understanding, they are really easy to study from.
http://seminary.lds.org
And I went to TOFW a couple weeks ago here, AMAZING. Loved every bit of it, it was just what I needed!
Okay, this is going to sound totally lame, but here is a thought.
At the beginning of the year, our bishop challenged the adults in the ward to 're-do' our personal progress (for the women) and duty to god (for the men) At first, I was like "no way, I have already done that." But then I decided, why no? SO, I have been doing it, and I am about finished. (Its a condensed program, so its do-able in a year) It has been kinda fun, and I feel like I put purpose, and thought back into my scripture study, and I have written my thoughts on each item in my journal (per requirement.) Let me know if you want me to email you the program. Sounds funny, I know, but with our whole ward doing value experience (some of which have to be tweaked to fit into your life...) and value projects, its been a blast!
Cool that you went to TOFW too. My sister said she saw your family during one of the breaks.:)
I am liking the ideas for scripture study. I will have to check back to see what other people have for tips.
I've been studying the life of Christ from the Harmony of the Gospels in the bible dictionary. It's nice bc most of the passages are less than 10 verses so on days that I don't have much time I can just read one passage, but on days when I have more time I can do several, or just dive deep into one. It's also nice because it's focused study so I don't have to sit & think "hmmm...what am I going to study today???" I always write in my journal while I study too and it's really helped me to digest things, ponder, and remember what I've studied.
ok...what happened to you posting on that update blog??? I always forget private blogs which is kinda ironic since mine is private too.
i wasn't ready to publish that...:) i was gonna say that the book of mormon manual is a great study guide. you can buy it at the distribution center.
Something that really helped me was to use a scripture study guide from the institute. They have a simple guide to go along with whatever book you are reading at the time. Also, I just wanted to say that even though we don't see each other or hang out- I just really like you Heather Esplin Biggler. I have good memories of you and i'm glad you have a blog to keep in touch with whats going on in your life. I just want to say Oh, honey!Love you!
MJ
Post a Comment