
Yes, we are having a girl, which means cute girly outfits (yay!) and also, Samuel and I were right (that gut feeling). Oh yeah, so was the Chinese calendar, haha. If you’re pregnant and want to get a “prediction” of what you’re having, click here. It’s 50% accurate. 
Anyway, I am 20 weeks along this week, (due date is August 25). We actually got our ultrasound two weeks ago. My baby was/is measuring “big” for her age (GREAT!) just kidding, big is good, and although it took an hour to get her to uncross her legs, we finally confirmed that it is a girl.
And we're talking huge all over...as you can see from the picture (and you know I didn't choose the one where I look the fattest), I’m more round…everywhere! My bum is at least an inch bigger, that's gonna take some good exercise to get off! I’m not complaining about the “big jugs” though, as someone anonymously calls them (guess who) but too bad about the junk in the trunk, what purpose is that serving?
Speaking of big jugs, isn't it a nice treat for us smaller women? Not to mention the "bonus" for our husbands! Maybe that's their reward for putting up with us while we are hormonal WRECKS! For about five weeks (month 4?) Samuel was kind of scared to say or do anything that might set me off. Sorry hon! So, his consolation prize is the big jugs, but then again, they hurt so much the first trimester, they were off limits. Eye candy only! (Pardon my bluntness). I found this picture on the web, I had to throw it in, not that I would ever let my husband wear a T-shirt like this.
Hahaha, okay, so back to my reflections, I will never forget the day I decided just to “check” and see if I happened to be pregnant- I wouldn’t be “late” for a few more days. I had some little pregnancy test/strips, so no big deal to waste them! It was the day before my birthday, and I was meeting Samuel at a big Christmas choir rehearsal. Right before I left, I took the test, and when I saw the second faint line start to appear, I could hardly contain the excitement. I must have smiled the whole morning, with my little secret, my best birthday present ever. I kept it from Samuel for 3 whole hours, then I just showed him the test and he was like, so…what does this mean? And I was like, WHAT DO YOU THINK? WOOHOO!!
The nausea started at six weeks, at first bearable, but not for long. Everyone said I was lucky I wasn’t throwing up, but I was unlucky in that I was walking around sick to my stomach and gagging from the time I got out of bed in the morning until I fell asleep at night. Eating was miserable, but it was the only thing that barely eased it for me. One Saturday morning I slept in late and hadn’t eaten, but I wasn’t feeling well. Sam, trying to be helpful, started offering ideas, do you want toast? Do you want eggs? Do you want soup? Just the thought of food set me off, and that’s when I really got hit- cold sweats, trembling, and I ran to the toilet…Samuel, with lightning speed, heated up a can of soup and came racing into the bathroom where he spoon-fed as I sat on the bathroom floor. I’ll never forget that morning! He saved the day. But I still had to work full-time, which didn’t help, and I will never forget the day I prayed (in desperation) for help dealing with the nausea, or I was never having another child. That help came within a few hours, and a few days later, I had Sea-Bands to wear on my wrists, which took the edge off for the next 4 weeks. But wow, I was sooo tired all the time! I fell asleep in a movie theater, that was a first.
At 9 weeks we got to have our first ultrasound, and hear the heartbeat, and see a little baby shape. It was thrilling and amazing, and I couldn’t believe it was really happening. I cried.
Of course, ironically, at 12 weeks, feeling much better, I randomly threw up, which happened once a week for four weeks. It wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought, and I would take that any day over all-day nausea.
At 16 weeks I felt something like a big bubble bursting in my belly, and wasn’t sure…but at 17 weeks after a big helping of dark chocolate M & M’s, our baby started really kicking. This has to be one of the most amazing phenomenon’s I’ve ever experienced, in fact, it is the highlight of every day now, when I feel her moving and trying to get comfortable.

Well, my final topic: the Daddy-factor. I didn’t expect to fall more in love with Samuel during all this, but it can’t be helped. It almost makes me burst with happiness when he starts rubbing and kissing my belly and saying, “Hi Baby! This is your daddy! We’re excited you’re coming!” I thought I couldn’t love him any more, then he does something like that!!
Anyway, I know a lot of women don't enjoy pregnancy much, and I've heard it gets pretty uncomfortable at the end, but all I can say for now is this pregnancy bit is amazing, and I almost feel bad for all the men who don't get to experience it. Good luck to all my friends and relatives that are pregnant. My sister Krystal is due in May and my sister-in-law Erin is due in July, both having girls, Katie, due in July, me in August, Genis in September, Amy J. in October, and Melody in November. Isn't that fun. Anyway, that's been my experience so far, I can't believe it's going so fast. I'll just enjoy it while it lasts, til it's replaced with something even better.
18 comments:
That was so fun to read. It totally took me back to thoughts of my pregnancy. I lucked out though...I never threw up & was never sick. I did get awfully dizzy while on my knees to pray though, so there were a few months that I would sit to say my prayers...I hope Heavenly Father understands! Oh, and you look AMAZING! You don't even look pregnant. And I hear ya on the big jugs. I had *no* jugs to begin with and now, even while breastfeeding, I'm like barely a B cup. (Did I just share too much?!?) I guess all is fair play on your blog now--after your dream post!! :) I gained 40 pounds while pregnant--I was a sight to behold. At first they my doc was a bit concerned bc I wasn't gaining an ounce so I upped my eating. Shortly thereafter, they advised me to slow my weight gain down! Hahaha.
So this is pretty much a post in & of itself. Sorry.
Crystal, don't apologize! I like long comments! So, 40 pounds isn't even that much, they recommend 25-35, right, and what's 5 extra? In fact, what's 10 or 15? I'm trying not to stress about it. :) I'm sure Heavenly Father understands about sitting, and about a lot of stuff we pregos do! It sounds like you were amazingly blessed to not get sick, we're all jealous! And no, you didn't share too much about your jugs (haha), at least not in my opinion! I just figured that almost everyone is married and adult, etc, etc, although I don't want to offend anyone who doesn't talk about that kinda thing. I actually appreciate the insights, so keep em coming! And there you have it. Another "comment post."
:0)
Oh how I love your posts! I can totally hear you saying all of that stuff in my head.. your so cute!
I am glad that all is going well for you and Samuel. You look super cute, you don't look huge just pregnant.
I am glad your not sick anymore. I'm sad to admit that I really didn't enjoy being prego. I loved feeling her kick and all the exciting things, that was fun. But I was so so sick everyday it was really unbearable. I threw up everyday. Example: since we're all weighing in I only gained 17 lbs with my pregnancy. And I lost 10 before I gained anything. Now I'm sure you're all thinking poor me. But it wasn't pretty. I threw up blood, burst the blood vessels in my eyes several times (good thing I work for an eye doc), and went into pre-term labor at 27 weeks. Hopefully next time will be better
Speaking of jugs, I've got my very own set now thanks to breast feeding! Before I was an A cup, while I was breast feeding I was a D and now unfortunately a C. (I might regret posting that on the net eh?) Do you realize how hard it is to run with these girls? HATE IT!
So yeah, that was a super long post.
Oh and I love the background... do tell!
ps- congrats on it being a girl! I might be a little one sided but girls are the best! Lots of pretty frilly dress coming your way! YAY!
Heather,
hola! its Jaesi. Congrats on all that has happened over the last few weeks. What a beautiful little girl you will have!
So what if you gain 75 pounds! that is all the fun of it! you have a reason. That is my philosophy. or maybe Im just dang lazy. Are you still maybe going to come to Utah after you have the babe? I would love to see you while Im there too. As far as "jugs" mine were dranken away! Long gone for now. padded bras work great for me.
Oh, you girls are so funny, I am loving this conversation.
Emma- I think you are one of the lucky few who got bigger jugs after nursing, I was warned it's more common to have them "dranken away" like Jaesi said (that cracked me up, but isn't that how it goes?) But yeah, that would make it a lot harder to run...
Jaesi- I hope to make a visit to St. George with the baby! We may have moved by then, so I would say it's likely we'll see each other. Yay!
I actually really enjoyed my pregnancy, if you don't count the first trimester! I was like Emma... I only gained 25 pounds with the pregnancy, but I lost 13 before that from puking 12-15 times everyday from week 8 to week 16 (not exaggerating AT ALL). But other than that, it really does have it's perks! I also benefited in the jugs department :) You look awesome!! You think you're huge, hah, just you wait!
I'm with Kristen, you think you are huge now just wait!! I felt like a house!!
here's another comment/post for ya.
you are so awesome to see all the positives in being pregnant. i was a very bitter pregnant person. i was one of those girls you described in your post that really doesn't like to be pregnant. feeling the kicking and punching was cute at first but then i got a little annoyed! dang brener would not stop. and we were totally on different time schedules. he would kick all night long and sleep during the day. i even remember his leg or arm or something being in my bladder (felt like literally) for like 2 weeks. but...with all the complaining i will say this....he is the best discomfort i've ever had. it is so amazing when these little babies are born and you look at them and think did i really do that? did i really make this little person? and if you thought that you couldn't possibly love your husband any more....just wait until he motivates you through labor and interacts with the baby and takes care of you while you're recovering. and you'll know that he definitely loves you because, trust me, you will not be looking your best in that moment when the doctor says "push". but even though i know all the bad that comes along with pregnancy...i find myself getting antsy to do it all over again. i'm not sure we're ready for that but we are definitely having fun practicing. hahaha. and about the "big jugs"...since everyone else had been so honest... i, too, enjoyed them while i was pregnant and nursing. but, now....that's a totally different story. lets just say i'll be getting a little "lift" when this whole chilbearing thing is over.
Amen Valerie!! Along with a "lift," I'd like a tuck. I have to have c-sections so I mean, while they're there, they might as well, right? :)
And yeah, you'll love your husband like a thousand times more after your baby. I can't imagine raising a baby without a wonderful man by my side. Especially during those post-partum weeks/months.
Okay so with all this talk of jugs... I had a funny dream last night!
All of us bloggers were at a Tastefully Simple party, all I remember was there was a lot of chocolate!
Heather was dancing and singing around a pool topless! It was the craziest thing ever! Ha ha ha!
Wow, Kristen, I don't know how I would have survived throwing up that much!! That must have been rough, to put it mildly. You're right, I'm not huge compared to what I will be!! That does help me put it in perspective a little! I guess I'm only huge compared to 4 weeks ago, what a difference.
Valerie, I can see how it would be kind of annoying if it was keeping me up at night! And yes, I am looking forward to seeing him actually hold and kiss the real baby!! Labor...scary, I just don't know what to expect, how long it will last...aughh!!!
Emma, my goodness, what a dream!! I'm laughing so hard. Chocolate...topless, I hope your dream made me look great, heehee!
Oh a GIRL how fun! I'm so excited for you, what an adventure. I remember the good things about pregnancy it was all such a wonderment....if that's a word. Anyways I'm glad you're loving it...and about the weight ya 60 pounds later and I delivered my child OH MY OH MY OH MY was I ever big and still fighting it....but when ice cream is the only thing that makes you feel better on those hard pregnancy days GO FOR IT!!!!!
Speaking of labor and how long it will last... haha. Don't expect anything cause then you can't be disappointed. I totally thought I would be just like my mom (fast labor, out in 4 hours) since mu pregnancy was identical to how hers were. Oh no, don't you worry... I was in labor 28 hours and then finally had to have a C-Section! And I wanted to do natural, so I didnt get the epidural for 13 hours! HELLO! Hah, but it is totally worth it. Enjoy your pregnancy now - the best time of the pregnancy (my favorite) was weeks 20 to 32. I loved being pregnant then! Then, after about week 32-34, you grow sooo much! Thats when you get the stretch marks and really turn into a giant!
wow I really missed out on this post. I was rolling reading the post and everyones comments. I loved being pregnant! Minus the first 4 months I was throwing up non stop. That sucked way bad, but after that it was really enjoyable. I think Im one of the few who hated having big jugs during pregnancy. and mine werent even that big! I just don't like boobs! Anyhoo, I think being pregnant is wonderful! Dont worry about gaining weight! Just enjoy it! Maybe thats whey I gained 45 lbs! hah
Abby, if you happen to come back and read this comment, thanks for sharing about the weight thing, I'm beginning to feel better about my rapid weight gain the last 2 weeks, cause if you can gain 45 and look like you do now, and my friend Angie can gain 60 and look like she does now, then EVERYTHING WILL BE ALL RIGHT!!! I know it takes some work to get it off, but that's okay too. Thanks to everybody for sharing everything that made me feel better. I love you guys!!
Post a Comment