Thursday, December 07, 2006

Trimming the Tree

Well, it's our first Christmas being married, so we got to experience the fun of putting up our tree.

Since we are probably moving in about two months, we didn't know if we should do the whole tree thing. Then, a friend of ours told us she would give us a huge discount from her craft store. When we got there, one of the cashiers handed us a bag with a fake tree, red lights, fruit decorations, and ribbon, and she said, "It's paid for." Samuel and I must have said, "What" and "Huh" three times, until we realized we had just been given a great Christmas present. Our very first tree. I almost cried, it was so sweet.

Tonight we turned on the Christmas music and went to work. Samuel first set up the tree, then we discussed how to put on the lights....He said that when he was a kid he would just walk around the tree in a circle. Hee hee. Not exactly what I had in mind. So he let me do the lights, then I added the fruit, little wreaths, beads, etc. But we didn't have a star, so I looked online and found an idea for a ribbon bow, which I think turned out all right.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your tree is beautiful, and making me feel the Christmas spirit and remembering our first Christmases together and hoping that you and Samuel will have a wonderful Christmas in Arizona. Mom